The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I run the lights at night, my veg stuff is still on until noon but I don't mess with them until the other tents lights are on unless there's an issue.
Getting close to flip. The Prana and the Cement Shoes (right side, front and back) are leaners. the CS in the back grew out of it, but the Prana isn't. I have a stick in there propping it up (poorly) so that needs fixed. Hoping the stretch fixes it. I'm watering them tonight and each one will get some individual attention. I need to mow the cover crops, prop up a few, and remove the 3-toed node growth from all of them except maybe the Querkle runt center right.
IMG_7058.JPG
Don't know if I am keeping both of these, but there seems to be no problem with the cut-n-paste transplant - leaving everything in the pot from the last plant and cutting a hole in the center. Both should be female, both may have herm issues, but the smoke was fire. That said I'll need the pot to plant another bean or grow grow both out. Easy choice to cull one.
IMG_7062.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Beginning of the month worm feeding and Recharge for everything. I ground up three carrots, some celery, three bananas with skins, four little avocados without skins or pits, and about 2-dozen eggs worth of shells that I blendered on the 'smoothie' setting for a while. I found some "ramekins" (I think that means tiny fucking bowl) that are like little hospital pudding cups. I got a few dozen cheap to replace the cut up solo cups.
The food that was in the solo cups was mostly gone, so the timing/size is perfect.

The ones with stakes were leaners, everything else is sturdy and straight. To make it simple I put the stake on the side it was leaning away from then pulled it to the stake. I pruned all the 3-toed leaves and sprouts then mowed. .IMG_7065.JPG
These are stellar. Briscoe County Line on the left, Orgi on the right and the little CBD SAGE mutant.
The rear BCL is 32" from the pot. The front one is about 8" shorter than the rear one but both have the same structure. Like a mini-me. Both rolling plant-caddies.
The Orgi are both on racks, one is raised 12" and the other 6" to get them to the level of the shorter BCL.
IMG_7063.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lucky worms have their own chef and fancy dinnerware. Only the finest fertilizer.

Love the soil and it'll love you back
We'll see. Everything got the same worm food regardless of veg or flower. No clue how much difference that makes by the time it gets available to the plants. Reusing the soil I think it probably doesn't matter. I don't know if adding the fine-ground eggshells will add calcium this grow or next, but I am adding it anyway.

Is adding 'worm bait' in one part of the pot gonna keep them from processing the kelp and stuff I top-dressed the rest of the pot with?

At least I know they all have thriving worm colonies. The inside of the cups was picked clean of the last feeding, but there was still enough there in the soil that it was a hangout for the worms.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Today is day 28, so the veg tent is getting flipped tonight. SHN order showing up tomorrow which has a few for my next drop.
I'll have 7 pots but the plan is 1 fem and 5 regs. I do have some 7 gal pots I can use to drop more but I'll hold that for a while. In two weeks I'll have a few more pots from culls, then nothing until harvesting the BCL/Orgi tent.

And I need to keep pots available for the contest.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The fem is gonna be Creature Panic from Solfire.
Regs are:
Trufflez from Aficionado
Sky Cuddler Kush from Freeborn
Chocolate Thai Zkittles from Riot
Headband Cookies from Humbolt Seed Co, and
Sweet Cindy from BOG.

I may end up having to start the plants in 2g plastic pots but with the living soil, then up-pot after sexing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I may end up having to start the plants in 2g plastic pots but with the living soil, then up-pot after sexing.
The hangup is flipping and dropping about the same time. I don't think I can keep them in mini solo-cups until the flipped plants show - maybe.

So the best option might be to just start them in big cups again since they only need a few weeks,

They could even get up-potted incrementally as pots become available. I'll have a few ready to go, but not enough.

Might just need to get more pots and start adding more compost to get volume.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
None of that matters for this drop though. In the futute it won't matter either, I can always drop fewer.

But with the contest plants coming up in a month there has to be a plan even if it's a bad one.

Trying to guarantee at least one Rock Island Rocket reg female means dropping 3. If I don't get one - Karma - fuck it.
Then there's the actual contest plants. Depending on how many there are I might not be able to drop all of them. Especially if I drop the mystery fem bean.

Unless I just plan on 2g pots until flip.

1st world problems LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A day early - cool!
Creature Panic, Headband Cookies and Sweet Cindy are dropping one each today along with the other stuff. No reason to wait.

Episode 60 ft Sol of Solfire Genetics 🅴 • The Pot Cast - Podcast Addict <<< link

I listened to the Solfire episode of the Potcast and I wanted to snag at least one of the Bahama Mama crosses but the 3-pack fems made 2 possible. There are 6-pack fems for twice the price - same per bean price.

I had zero Cindy99 crosses and wanted to get something with BOG Bubble in it while the stock was still stuff he actually bred. The Mountaintop Mints was a sale item, I love their work so far and wanted something different.

IMG_7068.JPG
The freebies were 3-packs of fems - The Breakfast Club is the second offering I have from Goat & Monkey, niether with the same lineage. This one is Chem D plus so I am stoked about that. The Velvet Heat that's hard to read is Cake Mix x Red Pop. I have heard of the Red Pop and exoticgenetix and they were on my list of breeders to try.

After the contest I may have an all-fem freebie run.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These got flipped [as of tomorrow] and since the questionable ones are regs I'm not waiting for them. IMG_7073.JPG
Better perspective - as I cull and they fatten out I should still have plenty of room.
IMG_7079.JPG
Cruise control in here. No stakes, no ties, no bugs... Might need to put a hoop around a few outer limbs as they gain weight.
IMG_7078.JPG
The two Orgi are stacking nice, this one has the 'almost triploid' thing going on.
IMG_7077.JPGIMG_7076.JPG
And my bean rig. The cup on the right has a bump of the recharge in it the others have a bean and 1ml of h2o2. After 3-4 hours I added 1ml of the recharge water to each one, just squirting it at the bean to sink it. I'll do that a few more times whenever the mood strikes. IMG_7072.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
These got flipped [as of tomorrow] and since the questionable ones are regs I'm not waiting for them. View attachment 101128
Better perspective - as I cull and they fatten out I should still have plenty of room.
View attachment 101132
Cruise control in here. No stakes, no ties, no bugs... Might need to put a hoop around a few outer limbs as they gain weight.
View attachment 101131
The two Orgi are stacking nice, this one has the 'almost triploid' thing going on.
View attachment 101130View attachment 101129
And my bean rig. The cup on the right has a bump of the recharge in it the others have a bean and 1ml of h2o2. After 3-4 hours I added 1ml of the recharge water to each one, just squirting it at the bean to sink it. I'll do that a few more times whenever the mood strikes. View attachment 101127
It looks like that Orgi is gonna have a very nice cola on it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thinking more about it, I will probably spend the first of the year re-running the regs that ended up male from the batch I just flipped and the one I just dropped. I have too many strains, but have tried many and have already started getting a few I want to re-grow because the smoke was that good.

My bean buying addiction is gonna hit a wall on Black Friday. I don't 'need' anything and except for a few breeders I have a sampling from most of the ones I wanted to try after listening to them. But I think I'll just give in to the fact I'll get sucked into some awesome deals 😁 The plan for now is to to limit my purchases to large sales like Black Friday or new drops from a few breeders

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm bored and stoned and was messing with this for the latest drop so I figured I'd share. Here is the only info I keep on the grows
I have one page for drops and results - when these I just flipped show I'll mark the males and that's it.
1636025409410.png
Here is the harvest info. I have the dates stuff happened or will happen and predicted flower times for the ones growing. I have days marked for drying and curing and burping. After I chop I get a wet weight and it computes the drying weights. Right now the 007up is hanging, on day 6 and is at 67g. it's in that window of 25-30%. I'll weight it a few times a day now and watch for the weight loss to slow or stop, or for it to get to that 25% weight, then I jar it.
The "dry" column is a prediction at first, but if I think about it I'll change it to the actual weight of the keeper stuff.
1636025251132.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
At some point I'll need to cull one but they look like twins. I have 6 beans dropped and 6 pots ready, so I guess I don't reallt 'need' to It'll probably depend on how many males I pull from the tent. IMG_7080.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since the temps are a little colder I went with a heat mat, but I don't like them much. I'm more worried about it not getting too cold than it being warmed up for sprouting.

I put a 1020 size heat mat under the tent, Then the 1020 tray as a buffer so it's not direct heat on the propagator. Has the temp around 84 lights off and 86 lights on. The 65w light is on for warmth at night as well. It seems to keep the humidity on point too. Dome is closed except for the sensor wire and there's a puddle of water in the bottom so it doesn't dry out. I have the dome extender on just for more air in the sealed 'room'.IMG_7082.JPG

D34F for Dracarys 1,2 and OrgiBX1 and the canopy is still pretty chaotic but finally starting to take shape. I am not sure what the hormone is called that causes a cola to grow taller but OrgiBX1 is tore up with it. I have pinched, twisted, and then bent colas of hers all over the cannopy like damn octopus tentacles and when I do all her auxiliary branches stand straight up and start stretching like I dunno... GREEN WHEAT. :ROFLMAO:
Meanwhile Dracarys is all like whatevs and just spitting out ridiculously sticky nuggets of bubba glue every damn where.
D1 D2 O1 D34F B.jpg
D1 D2 O1 D34F .jpgD1 D2 O1 D34F B.jpgD1 D2 O1 D34F C.jpgD1 D2 O1 D34F D.jpg
D13F for BCL1,2 and OrgiBX2 and they now have the 3 X 3 all to themselves and are positioned nicely and I will now start cheating BCL 2 to fill in the back left corner. No pink pistols yet on either BCL's.
BCL 1,2, OrgiBX 2 D13F.jpg
BCL 1,2, OrgiBX 2 D13F B.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
5-up. CTZ may be a helmet head. I sprayed it to keep the shell soft and see if it can wiggle out. In the morning I'll mess with it if needed. IMG_7100.JPG
First of the month they got worm-food and Recharge. Yesterday was plain RO. So far so good. The Querkle is the only one being a little bitch.
IMG_7085.JPG
The SSHP x Baguettes in the back left corner is showing a little yellowing on the leaf edges. Nothing major though. Looks more like a leaf variegation than a deficiency but no sense taking chances. A major top-dress was planned soon but will now happen next watering.
IMG_7086.JPG
Hard to get a good pic, but the shorter of the Orgi under the fan has greenish pistils compared to the bone-white of the other three.
IMG_7087.JPG
Only one clear bud pic but all are showing frost.
IMG_7093.JPG