The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Pine Tar Kush I grew out have cured, and it's a pass. I had issues with them and one was seeded so there's no telling what the real deal is like. It has a decent taste, but it's more minty than pine. In the jar it has a minty, rotting meat smell. The kief itself has the minty smell so I'm hashing the rest and I think it will be a good addition to some multi-strain hash. Very frosty. Dry, sandy frost instead of sticky. Those two were in the same pot, so not really a surprise there were issues. But one was seeded (about 100) and one had less than a dozen.

I am thinking it's gotta be close to the stem, middle of the bud nanners or something. Both plants were sticky as hell, so I can see that limiting the pollen that actually travels.

That's 4 plants out of that run that were in the blah category that I'll run again to make sure, but not in a hurry. They'll go on a list to run a handfull at the same time instead of one to try the strain. Sad that the Royal Kush and the PTK were the culprits. I had high hopes.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For what it's worth, if you want to drop $$$ on the Emerald Mountain Royal Kush get the 8th generation or earleir while Mandelbrot was still growing it. Ben is the little brother trying to keep the name going. The Royal Limez was OK, but not great.

I have the TL;DR and the Queens Sangria from them still to run. How soon I try any of their strains again after that will be based on how the first girl from those two strains turn out. Could just be a hiccup on my part, nature and whatnot. But for the Royal Kush specifically, Ben said that he used multiple males to open the line back up for people to hunt through. Ergo - you ain't getting what Mack intended.

Not to be a complete bash, their 'freebies' are another retail pack of their seeds. So unless it's complete shit it's not as expensive as the price tag makes it seem.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Down to 4. The Sky Cuddler never popped, and the Headband Cookies keeled over Never did stand straight up.

Dropped one more of each, and I almost dropped another Sweet Cindy but I'll just let this play out and see. It has something going on, but not normal.for me when they break thru then keel over is more frustrating then not breaking ground...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I spent a fair amount of time bitching about the 007up, but if the results are like this I'll take it, and just ignore the ugly shit while it grows, like the Chemdog. The 007up from Swamp Boys [Lemon Tree x White OG] is worth a hunt, but the germ rate sucks.

This hung for almost two weeks drying and is all rock hard. Even the lower stuff that looked larfy ended up like pea-gravel once the stems were removed. There were 3-4 crows feet per bud, and almost zero that needed trimming. What was there broke off with a light canna-brushing.
IMG_7105.JPG
It's not fully cured, but I wanted to try it and I am glad I did. It stoned me pretty good. It's more fuel than citrus, but the lemon is there a little. I was inspired to post this after a few one-hitters in a bong. I get more flavor from a joint and - whaddaya know! I happened to get a few of those prerolled as well ;)

I don't think I'll need to update the smoke report unless the flavor changes. The buzz is already top notch and that is my only goal. I have a few beans of this left, which I'll save for when I run out and then probably do something for bulk. But this does move the Mojito up on the list to drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the rednecked germination center... I'll have the dome top on a few more days, but vents open and fans blowing towards the vent holes to get them acclimatized. The heatmat is off-center towards the front left corner, warming the tent and the one bean that's germinating, but not under that 1020 tray. The little cup-dome is there until the bean sprouts then I have a vented one. I don't think I need the separate seed-tent with the cup system since I could do that in the corner of a veg tent, but it's handy.
IMG_7111.JPG
The Mojito is a huge bean. The 007up were white and sickly looking. These aren't.
IMG_7112.JPG
Since the Sweet Cindy ain't looking great I may keep both of these
IMG_7113.JPG
These should start showing soon. My front porch is covered with ladybugs so I snagged a few dozen for each tent. I don't know how they'll do since there are no bad bugs, but if they hang around that's fine.
IMG_7115.JPG
Not putting a lot in because you just get dead ladybugs everywhere.
IMG_7116.JPG
I had to take a few more big shade leaves off the Orgi. As soon as there's a single cull in the other tent the CBD plant moves out.
IMG_7124.JPG
Got rails on the BCL
IMG_7122.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
To keep things on schedule I think Thing 1 & 2 will get topped and held back to flip with this drop since I only have a fem and 'maybe' 5 regs.

Looking like I should get 3-ish girls from the drop plus two tentative fems via the bagseed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
UK Cheese from Humbolt CSI is a little fluffy but smells delicious. It is more blueberry than cheese but has a little funk so it's like a blueberry cheesecake or something. However - it don't stone me. Very smooth smoke even though a little leafy, and very tasty. I am thinking it has some other cannabinoids going on because it can't smell that strong and have nothing. So I am decarbing my second batch. Keeping a small c-vault of tops to smoke on later, might be a tasty vehicle for some hash in the chillum. The Nova is not smell proof. I has a 'drop on' silicone lid that lets moisture escape, and some funk. The UKC smells exactly like blueberry muffins in the oven while decarbing.

I am thinking nthis might be more medicine weed than stoner weed.
IMG_7125.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I may be in trouble LOL. So far I have one male already out and the CBD moved in (temporarily) but the only one not to show is the Querkle - and the rest are all girls. IMG_7131.JPG
So I may have to tighten these up and make room shortly. 6 and 6 is a better jam than rtying to grow 8 in a jumgle while 4 have freedom.
IMG_7129.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random shit

I like growing the trees. Good assortmentt of bud size and for tester plants good chance to see how the strain produces (larf or not) since I have had a few that ended up with dense nugs all the way to the bottom. That's good info.

Except with autos, removing stuff seems to bulk up the remaining stuff.

Instead of topping since width is the issue not height, I think going for the tall skinny aspen trees might be the ticket. Just taking a few extra lower limbs on this batch of 7-8. But if they are tall and stretchy like the BCL there's room to hook the outer limbs and pull them towards the center to make room.

The BCL in the back I can just tie the outer limbs to the main stem and pull them in, but on the bushier Orgi up front that would take some defoliation as well and getting rid of the whole limb earlier would have been better. But in general it's obvious how much skinnier that would make them. Done early enough it shouldn't effect the yield.

IMG_7129 (2).JPG

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Here is a shot of the pink pheno of BCL looks like crimson clover. A shot of one of the Orgi also

Pink pheno
View attachment 101207

orgi
View attachment 101208

could not get to the other two plants will show them later.
Both look wonderful, Congratz on finding that pink haired lady. I'm going to repost your pictures over at RIU on the brisco thread

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I found the perfect set-up for the interim pots. I have 7 milk crates (so far) with a 5gl pot and the cover crop left to die. I can stack them out of the way, and they don't need to be soaked, just kept moist. So re-stacking them as I water each one occasionally isn't a big deal.
IMG_7134.JPG
This is the most recent one, and I am leaning towards dumping the pots anyway before planting. The mulch down to bare soil could go right in a worm bin tray - with or without getting the worms out. Maybe bait them to one bare area with food for a few days then take off the rest.

But I think the best 'recharge' of the soil would be a good helping of compost - either on top or dumped out and mixed. Playing with that today since the dome plants will be ready soon.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_7135.JPG
The Freakshow by Humbolt Seed Co. has zero bag appeal LOL.
I kept most of the foliage on because it was covered with trichs. It's also pretty hairy. But the smoke is good. It has a fresh, citrus taste to start (cone) then get's almost caramel by the end. The buzz is not mind-blowing, but it's definitely there. Good daytme smoke that is fun to grow. Win.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I should have the sex on the Querkle tonight. Found what resembled a pistil but it was green. It's looking like I'll have three short girls plus the CBD runt and four tall ones. This might be fine because it looks like I'm 0 for 2 on the Sky Cuddler Kush, and the Mojito ain't popping quick either.
The Sweet Cindy looks like it might pull out of the funk so that's good.
IMG_7137.JPG

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I spent a fair amount of time bitching about the 007up, but if the results are like this I'll take it, and just ignore the ugly shit while it grows, like the Chemdog. The 007up from Swamp Boys [Lemon Tree x White OG] is worth a hunt, but the germ rate sucks.

This hung for almost two weeks drying and is all rock hard. Even the lower stuff that looked larfy ended up like pea-gravel once the stems were removed. There were 3-4 crows feet per bud, and almost zero that needed trimming. What was there broke off with a light canna-brushing.
View attachment 101242
It's not fully cured, but I wanted to try it and I am glad I did. It stoned me pretty good. It's more fuel than citrus, but the lemon is there a little. I was inspired to post this after a few one-hitters in a bong. I get more flavor from a joint and - whaddaya know! I happened to get a few of those prerolled as well ;)

I don't think I'll need to update the smoke report unless the flavor changes. The buzz is already top notch and that is my only goal. I have a few beans of this left, which I'll save for when I run out and then probably do something for bulk. But this does move the Mojito up on the list to drop.
this is good to know!