The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also snipped the seed-leaves and sprouts on all these. I think removing the limbs from the next node as soon as they are big enough might be a good plan instead of waiting until flower to see if they happen to beat the odds.
IMG_7005.JPG
The Prana is short because it's a leaner. I propped it up a bit. The Tardis in the middle is already getting a purple tint to it. But for all the money I spent on 7 of these, the two best looking so far are testers I got free. I think the others are all in the $10/bean range.
IMG_7006.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The 007up has been a bitch of a plant, runty and never really happy, but I snipped the leaves off beause it's gonna go soon ambers or not. She just looks done.
IMG_7013.JPG
Took a bunch of close-ups because I am honestly surprised it hasn't gotten 'nanner-ripe' yet :cool: IMG_7015.JPGIMG_7017.JPG
Plumpness
IMG_7019.JPG
All the way to the bottom. So it might have been worth the trouble. Might toss in a Mojito soon to give swamp boys another shot. IMG_7022.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't plan on doing smoke reports on every strain I have grown that is common public access weed. The Chems, UK Cheese etc. If you want my opinion on anything I have grown just ask.

The UK Cheese is what made me think of it. I have heard on podcasts that this strain or that strain used to be popular but isn't. If you are making beans consider this: With the recent legalizations (last few years) you have a whole new customer base that wants to try the stuff they've heard of but can't find. Mine was a little fluffy - only the very tops were dense, and a little more than an ounce filled up a quart jar. But it smells great and is tasty with a good buzz and reputation for having medical benefits.

I guess I'm saying that the market is wide, and some strains might be worth bringing back.

Last edited:
Day 25 of flower for Dracarys 1,2 & OrgiBX 1 and I am still having to super cropp run aways to keep them out of the light but thankfully I think they are all almost done with stretching. The orange is really starting to come out on Orgi and she is smelling really nice.
D1 D2 O1 D25F.jpg
BCL 1 appears to stretch less than the others so gave her a boost so she can bask in the light for awhile until OrgiBX2 and BCL 2 are all over her.
BCL 1,2, OrgiBX 2 D4F.jpg
D1 D2 O1 D25F.jpgD1 D2 O1 D25F B.jpgBCL 1,2, OrgiBX 2 D4F.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Day 25 of flower for Dracarys 1,2 & OrgiBX 1 and I am still having to super cropp run aways to keep them out of the light but thankfully I think they are all almost done with stretching. The orange is really starting to come out on Orgi and she is smelling really nice.
View attachment 100785
BCL 1 appears to stretch less than the others so gave her a boost so she can bask in the light for awhile until OrgiBX2 and BCL 2 are all over her.
View attachment 100787
View attachment 100785View attachment 100786View attachment 100787
You should back up a little. It's hard to see what you have going on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
End of 11 weeks and I'm done with the 007up - and she's close enough. put her in the dark but it might not be for 3 days. Not much left to do but snip the trunk and hang it. IMG_7023.JPG
Plenty of milk just not a lot of amber. May never show up.
IMG_7029.JPG
The tops have great nug structure. The canopy tops and the nugs at that level and up on the main stem are all the size of a decent strawberry
IMG_7031.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I have enough pots for my rotation. I was thinking I would need three sets of 8 pots, but that didn't factor in culling males.
IMG_7032.JPG
I have these from the last run plus the 007up, and one empty 5g with enough soil to fil it. So 8 out of the rotation. I tossed a handfull of 'Craft Blend" on each and have kept them wet for the worms. It is in a 'cold' room to slow everything down. I keep the door closed and the heater vent shut, and it also keeps the cat from taking a dump in them. According to the ones with avocado halve still there the worms are fine with this. Eventually I'll have
  • 8 simulating fall. Everything is dying off and mulched for a month or so.
  • 8 in veg. Some will be culled, but unless I flip exactly at day 28 the chance of having a male culled and the pot ready for the next plant is slim. And if they need to veg for 5 weeks it won't happen. Better to have the 'fall' pots on standby.
  • 4 in flower and probably shooting for 4-5 every drop
I am going to add some compost to them and cover any veg that is still alive, then some dried up fan leaves for a fat layer of mulch today. When I drop the next batch of beans (11/4) it'll probably be a week or so more before I need to start getting them back to a virgin looking pot. Scrape off the top layer of stuff that's not dirt yet and get the worms back in them, then the cover crop and new rice hulls.

I was thinking about doing a regular dirt pot for the two bagseeds like I did the CBD plant, but I think I have enough pots. Rotation math sucks with regs, but that's part of the fun. And the fact that they are likely fems means I am growing likely two plants to harvest - fuck it. If I have to drop a few less on the 4th so be it.

With regs I guess the biggest hassle is going directly to the big pots knowing half will get the boot after a few weeks. But as I keep ammending I'll be gaining soil volume, so adding another pot or two to the rotation without buying more soil will happen eventually.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you're wondering why I'm obsessed over it, I have several tubs of the old soil taking up space in that room. Since I am now sure I have enough build-a-soil to keep the rotation going that stuff can now all go into my garden. And I get empty tubs!!! 🤪

Also I was starting to mess with those pots and figured I might as well chop the 007up and do them all.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I did my last bean order for a while. I know BOG (Bushy Old Grower) died recently, and since the Emerald Mountain stuff seems to have gone downhill when someone else took over (Jury still out on Mz Subcool's Querkle :rolleyes: ) I wanted to get something of his from their current stock. I snagged a few other packs to check breeders off my list. I snagged the Sweet Cindy [(Sweet Tooth x C99) x BOG Bubble] mainly because it had his famous BOG Bubble as the dad. There was a sale on a 17pack (reg) of Headband Cookies from Ethos. that made it less than $5/bean for a multi-cup winner. I also got a few 3-packs of fems from SolFire. The most recent podcast made me want to try what he said he did while it's still available, and honestly for me a 3-pack of fems is perfect if they all pop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just had a stoner epiphany (re-epiphany?) about why I planted the bagseeds. Last run all the dirt was dumped from assorted size pots, major root masses removed and then put back in 5g pots. This is my first plants just cutting out the stem and putting a new plant in the hole. I have a few weeks to see if there's any issues before I need to up-pot the next batch. I can always dump and sift at the last minute if needed.
IMG_7046.JPG
The Querkle and Cement Shoes may hang out in the closet when I flip the tent. That'll be 6 to flip, 5 regs. But they are all respondig well to the last feeding so they may all flip.
IMG_7045.JPG
These are showing good tops now, beautiful plants.
IMG_7044.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Growing notes for the up-pot.
  • I removed most of the old rice hulls that were loose on top and any cover crop remains. Nothing wrong with it so it went into the other old pots. That will probably be a thing.
  • Cut the stem out pretty close with a knife then dug a big enough hole for the half-size beer-cup.
  • Instead of dusting the hole with myco's I added them to some water with a light dose of recharge and some BB (long latin word for fungal goodies). It's like Bavarian Bossanova or something.
  • After I inserted the plants and packed the soil I watered it in a little, each plant got about a pint total into the semi-moist soil that was in the pot.
  • I added some cover crop seeds around 3/4 of the pot and covered them with a mini solo cup of fresh worm castings.
  • I added a top dressing around the outside away from the plant that was insect frass, crustacean meal and kelp.
  • I covered that with rice hulls and watered it in with a light spray just to keep the stuff fro blowing away.
The worms should take care of most of the old roots, and as they die it is supposedly another form of aeration leaving weaker holes for new roots to find. There's enough stuff in the soil to get them through a few weeks so it'll mostly be hitting nthe top with a garden sprayer daily then a deep watering around the root zone if they look unhappy.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random stuff - I am now holding ChemD, Chem91, GSC Forum Cut, FloRida TK, etc. That's just off the top of my head, but many known fire strains that were grown pretty well.

I mention this because the County Line Hash Plant may be one of my "desert island" strains. No matter what stage of high or lack thereof I am at, a bowl full of CLHP high's me. Kentucky Fried Hashplant!

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Tentatively my next drop will be 5-6 regs and a fem or two. I should have my new beans before the drop and the fems in that might get the nod over something already in the seed hoard.

Since it is supposed to be a cold climate strain I am dropping two of the Trufflez from Aficianado to get a better chance for one female while the intake temps are cooler. Dropping one each of the Sky Cuddler Kush from Freeborn, Sour Hebrew National from Best Coast, and a Chocolate Thai Zkittles from Riot. The Riot gear is supposed to be an eleven week strain 🤪 ain't gonna get done if you don;t plant the motherfucker!

From the new stuff I want to get one of the two from Solfire wet (coinflip really), and the Headband Cookies will either be added to the mix if I have room or replace the hotdog plant.