The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I should have two girls here if the "bagseed-with-no-male-chromosomes-available" theory is true. The bottom half of the soil was a little too moist so I topped the cups off with dry soil to help hold the up. Pretty vigorous.
IMG_6972.JPG

The CBD SAGE got topped for 4. If she ain't stretching I would rather have the 4 limbs I can spread out. If the little trees like this chunk up it can get musty in the middle without a lot of defoliation. IMG_6970.JPGIMG_6971.JPGIMG_6973.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There are a few oddballs. Most of these look perfect. The Querkle is a runt that might get held back. The Cement Shoes is gangly and might need more veg too. The Prana is beautiful, but no stretch. Everything got a sprout tea with other goodies in it last night so I hope to see a little growth explosion in a day or so.
IMG_6968.JPG

Streetpro09

Tester
:ROFLMAO: I actually cut the bottoms off black solo cups but I think I mentioned at the time that those would be perfect though! I am looking for some sturdier stuff, but I don't think buying a roll just for the cans is efficient 😁 I need to look in the kitchen section for some little flat bowls or something.
Sounds like you have a reason to make a new friend. 😉🤣😂🤣

Day 22 of flower for Dracarys 1&2 and OrgiBX 1 & my light is can't go any higher... I know growing without a scrog really improves air flow but man do I miss the ability to just push 4 hooks down to manage the canopy height. With all the super cropping I have been doing I feel like I am just strangling the shit out of my poor girls and about to have to go HAM on them. I really need a bigger tent.
D1 D2 22 D19F.jpg
D1 D2 22 D19F.jpgD1 D2 O1 D22F B.jpgD1 D2 O1 D22F C.jpgD1 D2 O1 D22F D.jpg

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Had another epiphany. I hate the tower fans because they make the plants ugly. The clip fans are perfect but unreliable for longevity - at least the oscillating part. Having one fan on the timer with the lights makes them last longer, but there needs to be a lights out fan.
View attachment 100576
The little Lasko flip fan on the floor takes up a pot space the same as the tower fan but I steered away from that because heat rises - exhaust - don't stir up the heat at the ceiling - yada yada... But my drivers are outside the tent now. A little more heat ain't bad. So I'll be getting more. Should be on sale right about now.

The kids are all loving being treated like adults. I think having the area with no cover crop will work fine.
View attachment 100575
And some individual shots
View attachment 100567View attachment 100568View attachment 100569View attachment 100570View attachment 100571View attachment 100572View attachment 100573View attachment 100574
my cover crop is a little thin, a few sprigs of yard grass ,and some morning glories .i really like the natural enviro in the soil bags.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
my cover crop is a little thin, a few sprigs of yard grass ,and some morning glories .i really like the natural enviro in the soil bags.
I have a variety, but I like thinner better - but then there's too thin where you might as well not bother and just mulch it. I think having the designated bare spot will make the rest easier to maintain and you get a little of both.

There was nothing scientific about spreading them and some were thicker than others.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Day 22 of flower for Dracarys 1&2 and OrgiBX 1 & my light is can't go any higher... I know growing without a scrog really improves air flow but man do I miss the ability to just push 4 hooks down to manage the canopy height. With all the super cropping I have been doing I feel like I am just strangling the shit out of my poor girls and about to have to go HAM on them. I really need a bigger tent.
View attachment 100686
View attachment 100686View attachment 100687View attachment 100688View attachment 100689
Man! Do your plant like to pray or what?

Nice job.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 100686
Those girls are praying hard! Looks great...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I said screw it and took most of the upper shade leaves. Taking a few more tomorrow and that's probably it. IMG_6986.JPG
These are all going to be respectable size plants. IMG_6987.JPG
No loupe needed, everything has pistils like it should. Last one I checked was the Orgi under the fan - Damn!
IMG_6985.JPG
A little progress here, most look a little perkier.
IMG_6989.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Whay I found out mowing the cover crop with scissors is that some plants keep going and some it kills off. That's the first thinning I'll do instead of plucking a bunch out.

It really only matters for the shorter plants. The 4 big plants I'm letting it go. There's some drapey/viney stuff that can grow circles around the top of the pot of left alone.

I sifted out the really big seeds and beans, but I may do a pot wth just those and a lot fewer.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
:ROFLMAO: I actually cut the bottoms off black solo cups but I think I mentioned at the time that those would be perfect though! I am looking for some sturdier stuff, but I don't think buying a roll just for the cans is efficient 😁 I need to look in the kitchen section for some little flat bowls or something.
I just gave 150 Copenhagen lids away I could save some plastic bottoms for ya....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last plant I have hanging is the UK Cheese. it started at 230g wet, so 25% should be about 58g. It hit a week today, and since last night has weighed in at 61g.

The rH in the closet has been 63-64% and the temps about 68-70 with a few colder evenings tossed in. Stems will kink when you bend them, but are mostly pliable.

This is really the only time weight matters to me, but I think I can use it better. Instead of using it as an estimate of what my final haul will be it can be used to extend the drying as long as possible.

If the plant is still in a mostly perfect environment and it hasn't hit that 25% mark yet, it is basically curing on the vine and isn't too dry.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random Chem stuff.

The ChemD auto from Ethos and the Chem D from CSI Humbolt are definitely related - bud structure, smell, taste, buzz profile etc. but the auto was a lot fluffier. The density compared to the fem seed plant was not even close.

The ChemD and Chemdog both hit 2 weeks so I gave 'em a try. Yesterday I had one, this morning the other. Both amazing, and both more 'get-r-dun' than I had thought they would be - but that might get cured out. Fucking high with both no doubt.

On the Forum Cut GSC and the 'FloRida' Triangle Kush I can see they both have a lot of good points but neither are of the face-punch quality of the Chems. Both are a more mellow smoke and buzz.

But now I know what each brings to the table, with more 'classic' strains to follow. It'll be good to be able to pick that out of a cross and be able to see what different crosses contribute. I can definitely see myself leaning towards the Chem crossesjust for the effect.

As to which chem I like best I think 50/50 is really outstanding ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All mainstem fan leaves are gone. They were acting like sails with the floor fan. The Orgi are shorter, but well stacked. Those two lower limbs on the taller one are now gone. Would have been great clones... The ones on the left may go in a few days if they fall behind the main canopy.
IMG_6999.JPG
Both BCL lost the same two lower limbs. Those are all the 3-toed leaf node. None reached the level of the ones above them, which all settled into a nice canopy. Went ahead and flipped the CBD plant. Seedsherenow is sending another 5-pack that'll be here in a few days.
While I had a dud, I think the only reason this plant is runty is because it was the twin of a mutant. If the effect is good I should be set for 'medicine' weed for a while. If this doesn't stretch I can at least bend the tops out and prune the middle so it's not a clump of fat leaves like a cabbage.
IMG_7003.JPG
Next watering when I pull stuff out I'll be doing some lower pruning on secondary sprouts. Nothing drastic but I think losing at least the lowest node on each should remove the larf factor. IMG_7004.JPG