The James Gang

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Haven't mentioned it much, but my IPM is basically the worms/castings and the beneficial buggies that go with that. I have zero gnats now, and washing the last batch that I was so worried about, I think the beneficial bugs I saw on the leaves ate the bad stuff and left, because there was nothing in the water like that.

I am using Plant Therapy about once a week in veg, and per @J.James recommendation I also now innoculate with Beauveria Bassiana once a month (did that today is why I posted this).

What I feed it when I brew the sprout teas has LAB culture in it which also helps out on te microbial level.

If they continue to work then I only have two storebought products. Both are rather pricey, but both last a long damn time in my size grow.
HAF what is this IPM ?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i'm still learming every day ,been a bunch of mistakes made !
The Beauveria Bassiana Plus Powder is a PLANT SYMBIONT. Activity includes:
  1. Stimulation of immune system
  2. Restricts plant pathogens from entering the plant
  3. Interacts with plant to produce additive biochemicals
  4. Combines plant resistance to insect feeders for reducing population threat
  5. Naturally occurs in soil but has been killed off by fungicides and tillage
  6. Grows with the plant in the roots, in the stems and in the leaves.
It gets watered into the soil early, like first real watering, then again monthly until chop. Since I am reusing the soil there's no consideration of what stage the plant is in. The next plant will go into innoculated soil, and get more monthly. Basically it's for my soil as much as the plants.

The Plant Therapy is an essential oils mixture plus some other goodies that gets sprayed on foliar. Top and bottom of the leaves as soon as they have leaves, then every week or so until flip. It should make the plant a place that bugs don't want to hang out.

I am trying new pest management tactics outside.
IMG_6919.JPG
When my garden was in full swing these got drowned. No worries about making them extinct, trust me... But since they can't hurt anything now I have been trapping them and smoking them out in the trap :cool: 🤪 Fire up a fat cone and get the little buggers fucked up. Curious to see of they start avoiding the traps or if they hang out there lol

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
It gets watered into the soil early, like first real watering, then again monthly until chop. Since I am reusing the soil there's no consideration of what stage the plant is in. The next plant will go into innoculated soil, and get more monthly. Basically it's for my soil as much as the plants.

The Plant Therapy is an essential oils mixture plus some other goodies that gets sprayed on foliar. Top and bottom of the leaves as soon as they have leaves, then every week or so until flip. It should make the plant a place that bugs don't want to hang out.

View attachment 100524
When my garden was in full swing these got drowned. No worries about making them extinct, trust me... But since they can't hurt anything now I have been trapping them and smoking them out in the trap :cool: 🤪 Fire up a fat cone and get the little buggers fucked up. Curious to see of they start avoiding the traps or if they hang out there lol
looks like you are fixing to have smoking friends hanging local! looks like i still need to do some shopping .

Last edited:

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
++++++++++++++

View attachment 100524
the way you'er treating them,they will be sitting around waiting fo you to show before heading the chip lounge!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had another epiphany. I hate the tower fans because they make the plants ugly. The clip fans are perfect but unreliable for longevity - at least the oscillating part. Having one fan on the timer with the lights makes them last longer, but there needs to be a lights out fan.
IMG_6934.JPG
The little Lasko flip fan on the floor takes up a pot space the same as the tower fan but I steered away from that because heat rises - exhaust - don't stir up the heat at the ceiling - yada yada... But my drivers are outside the tent now. A little more heat ain't bad. So I'll be getting more. Should be on sale right about now.

The kids are all loving being treated like adults. I think having the area with no cover crop will work fine.
IMG_6931.JPG
And some individual shots
IMG_6922.JPGIMG_6923.JPGIMG_6924.JPGIMG_6925.JPGIMG_6926.JPGIMG_6927.JPGIMG_6928.JPGIMG_6929.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The ChemD cleaned up easy. three leaves per nug and done. Only used scissors for the stems. The buds were tight enough that any upper leaves just broke off. Got just over an ounce of no-larf buds.
IMG_6937.JPG
I kept out a few grams to smoke on today. Big cone, little cone, some for the bowl and the glove-hash. IMG_6940.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I gave up and stuck the CBD plant in a 3g pot with semi-living soil :rolleyes: I put fresh worm castings with babies in there but they might not even mature until the plant is ripe. I'll be using up some FF top dressings as needed since I won't have the worker bees in there.
View attachment 100585
Thing 1 and Thing 2 are looking fine.
View attachment 100586
Do you use recharge at all? I started using it about a month ago and the plants seem to respond well to it. I thought it seemed pretty expensive until I saw how little is needed (1/2tsp per gallon of water).

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Do you use recharge at all? I started using it about a month ago and the plants seem to respond well to it. I thought it seemed pretty expensive until I saw how little is needed (1/2tsp per gallon of water).
Yes. I got a sample pack with a seed order and a coupon code. So I am giving it a shot. I also use VAM-Endo Mix myco's with every transplant to give the roots a boost.

I started dipping a toothpick into the Recharge to get a small bump on there to add to seed starting water. I have a shot-glass of RO with 1:30 h2o2 that I start them off with, and a cup beside it with the RO and Recharge warming on a seed mat. The h2o2 loses it's punch after 4-6 hours but it gives the beans a microbial-level cleaning and an oxygen boost at the start. After about 6 hours I would usually tap the beans to get the h2o2 bubbles off and see if they sink. Now I have a syringe there and I suck up a few ml of the recharge water and squirt it at the beans to sink 'em.

I do that every time I think about it, maybe 4-5 times before the 24hrs is up or I see a tail. Then just before I plant it I use that leftover recharge water to wet the starter soil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Playin' in the back yard. This is about noon and the light I get in the garden late fall. Instead of big cloth pots I am keeping it natural. In summer it's got sun at about 10am just because of the angle of the dangle of whatever with the solar shit. I strung out lines with levels and saw how much dirt I would have to move for a level garden and it was about 2' tall at this near corner. I may beef this up later - or not, but I settled for about another foot of soil. to cover the bare area where the big oak stump is. I'll just plant shallow-rooted plants there for a few years.
IMG_6956.JPG
The pepper I left is a "Lunchbox Bell". They get red on the vine and don't really have much meat on them until they turn. Really good flavor though, and bountiful. I saved seeds. perfect sweet bell pepper taste, so they are versatile.
IMG_6958.JPG
This is literally right off my back porch, so I can water the whole thing with a hose sitting my ass in a lawn chair :) The cover crop is covering.
The compost pile is that whole area beyond the post, and that will get raked downhill to level stuff off more. I found a use for some little 2-gallon cloth pots I'll never use. They had the velcro seam so it was an easy solution to a "construstion barrier" type retaining wall. I'll do something nicer eventually, and at least cut the tops off the plastic stakes. Can't move a big ass boulder? Just put the sidewalk around it. :rolleyes:
That's a handy little table for hot items though, or starting a charcoal chimney. IMG_6961.JPG,
And hot items today consist of a smoked beer-can chicken, a bourbon/maple meatloaf, and the last pappers from the plants I chopped down. I like the beer-can rack the bird is on, But if you stick a whole beer can in there it doesn't leave room for steam. I use a little tomato sauce can instead. Load it with herbs and water. IMG_6953.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That red wood byt the fence-wire is from a dead 200yo oak. When I moved in it was about a 30' tall stump with 4 poison ivy vines as big around as your thigh holding it up. I took a chainsaw to the 4 vines and it turns out they were the only thing holding it up. A few months later a storm came by and blew it down. No telling how long it was dead but there were no bugs. Like everything they might want was gone. It crumbles into little rectangular chunks of mulch.

The stump left was about 3' high. Out of boredom one day I kicked at it and it crumbled. 💡