The James Gang

Found a ground beef sale and after freezing a bunch I made some into burgers and fired up the smoker. The first batch of peppers turned out pretty dark but not destroyed. I'm replacing the wood chips every hour and as soon as these look well smoked they'll get pulled and dehydrated. They are all medium/hot and I saved seeds from the little "Mexi-Bell". They are a mildly spicy bell pepper and maybe all I need in bulk in the future. I usually add cayenne to spaghetti sauce, so it could even replace bell's there. Lots of fruit, quick to ripen, thick walls so there's some meat to them, and about half jalapeno spicy. The others are Anahiem, so basically a spicy banana pepper.

The burgers are just coated with a spice rub. The lower ones started as 5oz (quarter-pounder+) and have original Montreal Steak stuff on them, the upper ones are 6oz and have the Montreal "Smokehouse Maple" on them. Those 6 plus the two little meatballs are plain. The lower ones had nothing sweet so I added a tsp of canna-sugar to the top of each one. After the first hour I drained both pans and flipped them. Should mellow the saltiness those generic mixes have a little and I don't really care how much THC sticks in them. Can't hurt...
View attachment 100393
Now I'm Jonesin for a burger... And I'm not sure how much smoke your pit boss puts out but if I fill my Masterbuilt smoke box with pellets more than once during a smoke it way over does it. Like FOREST FIRE FILET over does it :sick:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Found a ground beef sale and after freezing a bunch I made some into burgers and fired up the smoker. The first batch of peppers turned out pretty dark but not destroyed. I'm replacing the wood chips every hour and as soon as these look well smoked they'll get pulled and dehydrated. They are all medium/hot and I saved seeds from the little "Mexi-Bell". They are a mildly spicy bell pepper and maybe all I need in bulk in the future. I usually add cayenne to spaghetti sauce, so it could even replace bell's there. Lots of fruit, quick to ripen, thick walls so there's some meat to them, and about half jalapeno spicy. The others are Anahiem, so basically a spicy banana pepper.

The burgers are just coated with a spice rub. The lower ones started as 5oz (quarter-pounder+) and have original Montreal Steak stuff on them, the upper ones are 6oz and have the Montreal "Smokehouse Maple" on them. Those 6 plus the two little meatballs are plain. The lower ones had nothing sweet so I added a tsp of canna-sugar to the top of each one. After the first hour I drained both pans and flipped them. Should mellow the saltiness those generic mixes have a little and I don't really care how much THC sticks in them. Can't hurt...
View attachment 100393
We go through so much Montreal Steak Spice. Nothing better on a nice juicy steak. Except maybe just salt and pepper just to mix things up a bit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The last round of harvests wth the Royal Kush and Limez and the PTK's was nothing in the yield department. All produced a fair amount og hash material and judging by the smoke it'll be fire.

But other than the CLHP clone that run was a wash. I got enough to taste all of them, and so far every buzz is spectacular. Two way different phenos on both with the PTK having a nasty-mint one and a dead meat one, and both RK smell the same but one is purple and one green. The Royal Limez aftually produces a pint of good nugs and does have a hint of lime. The PTK I was counting on being a pheno hunt type thing being an IBL, so no disappointment there.

On the most recent popdcast with Ben from Emerald Mountain (Mandelbrot's little brother) he said that as they have bred further genetrations of the Royal Kush and Oilspill that they have used multiple males to keep the line open. So instead of getting a homogenous pack of Mandelbrot's strain the way he liked it I have a random pheno hunt from the little brother. Fuck that. Might be good for breeding but not when I want to see what the hype about the RK is.

But the buzz on all is fantastic though. They were also real buggy too compared to the others I just chopped. When I washed them I had to do 2-3 dunks before gnats didn't wash off. I think I got one gnat out of the three Vin Santo, the Chemdog and the ChemD.

I think the next runs of the Emerald Mountain stuff will be just dropping a bunch of one instead of dropping different strains. I'll get variety straight out of the pack. But I have so much kush on hand I think the Sky Cuddler from Freeborn is the last I'll be dropping for a bit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I ground up the last of my "Lemon Volunteer" plant and that shit is amazing. It has a sour smell and taste I like, zero kief - sticky as hell. After I lightly ground it I had to let it set out and dry some so it wasn't as tacky. And it has an old-school face buzz. that cool feeling that starts at the front then works it's way around the top of your head then down the spine and relaxes everything.

Since I have some little side project plants that are falling out of the rotation like the Querkle and CBD, I think I am gonna drop a couple just for the hell of it. They should be fems and might be herm prone, but if I have to cull it's bagseeds.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These two finall have plenty of roots, on the Querkle the new stuff going into the added castings on the bottom is pretty obvious.
Everything got water, but these are getting new pots and moved.
IMG_6862.JPG
And here's a graphic representation of the smoke return I mentioned. There are full quart bags of larf and stuff from these, mores than in the past because I pruned nothing. Everything but the Royal Limes tops is wnat made it through the bowl trimmer without falling through.
IMG_6868.JPG
In contrast here's the one little 3gallon pot CLHP clone of a clone. Just under 2oz of plump, frosty Kentucky Fried Hashplant ;)
IMG_6870.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First off, just because of the greenage of the UK Cheese I may have let her go narcotic. Going back in to pull her and give the 007up a closer look.
IMG_6874.JPG
This has a sweet/sour/cheese smell that makes you want to eat it. One of the lowers.
IMG_6877.JPG
And about 50% amber or more on the leaves. I think the buds may be just right though
IMG_6877 (2).JPG
If the 007up is done everything is easy and I put the empty tent to veg and all the veg plants go in there.
IMG_6884.JPG
If not then the closet shifts to flower for the 007up. I am not putting a late-nanner-possibility in the tent with these
IMG_6871.JPG
Which got their first major defoliation, and are getting pruned unlike the last trees.
IMG_6872.JPG
Nice stretchy limbs on all, getting a lower canopy started. The Orgi on the right didn't lose any YUUUUUUUGE shade leaves. The BCL might lose a few more if they shade the canopy like the previous ones did.IMG_6873.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can dig this. The now-veg tent will get flipped Nov 3. Males pulled, should end up with 5-ish plus the CBD.
IMG_6886.JPG
The floor fan is not on, but this is the general idea. 8 plants to keep 4-5, with a couple of fems in case nature flips the big sausage fest at me.
IMG_6887.JPG
And this is now flower but it has a veg spectrum light so this will always revert to veg.
IMG_6885.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One of the Chemdog limbs was only 19g wet and dried quick. I had to snip them in pairs to fit in the wash bucket and one pair should have been culled. I also think they dry a little quicker after a h2o2 bath. So I had about an 8th from the two runty limbs,the foliage was sparse and pulled off easy and the buds ground up fine. gor a few cones out of it, and a doob-tube full of bowl-ready stuff.
IMG_6894.JPG
Anyway, I got to try the dogbud for the first time and I like it. Great buzz even at a week from chop. Very chemical taste, or spice or something. Sharp but not cough-y. Ear ringing on the bowl hits, the chillum stayed lit to the end from the resin, and the cone burned fine.

For all the purists out there that say don't touch it until at least a month, fuck that. I always end up trying some when I jar it, and more often than not it is as good as the one month cure. The flavor may change some as it processes out the chlorophyl, and it may burn better after the moisture has equalized thoughout the buds. but over half I have grown are spot on as soon as they are smokable. The thing is - you ain't smoking the whole damn thing. The rest of the jar is curing for that month, or it's fine to dig into whenever if the test smoke was good.

For me that still leaves 40-something percent of them that get better as they cure so I'm not saying it's all bullshit.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN

Looks great looks like your smoker is insulated? I need to replace my 15 yr old master built its uninsulated and winter smoking requires using a sleeping bag lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This will be jarring week for the plants in the wardrobe so I'll have some initial impressions on stuff. It's two weeks for the stuff I jarred last and I tried more of the Freakshow. One plant was only a half ounce of nug-worthy stuff but they both smelled the same. That one dried quicker and all the stuff was smaller so I will use that up first and still have a little left once it hits full cure. The other one was almost an ounce and a half so plenty to get to the longer cure.

The smell really died out on it. It was dryer sheet fresh, with a sweet gassiness that I guess flashed off during the dry. It's still there when you grind it though and the taste is sweet tobacco and incense with a hint of menthol. The taste on the exhale has a hint of fireworks - that cordite smell but from a distance where it smells (tastes) good.
IMG_6896.JPG
It's hairy so I think it's just burning a little hot to give it that menthol/gunpowder on the exhale. But it is resinouos enough that it doesn't burn too fast.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Do you dry herb vape at all? I primarily vape my flower, unless I have a hankering to smoke a joint or the chillum, and it really brings out the flavors.
I have tried a few different low-end models and I like the taste, but the buzz always seemed racy to me. Mainly a cone for me, and the bowl/chillum if I don't feel like packing one. Sometimes I get the production line going and top up the pre-roll cigar box.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have tried a few different low-end models and I like the taste, but the buzz always seemed racy to me. Mainly a cone for me, and the bowl/chillum if I don't feel like packing one. Sometimes I get the production line going and top up the pre-roll cigar box.
Yeah, the high packs more of a punch because you aren't burning a bunch of the cannabinoids off with the combustion. I'm such a lightweight that I can get baked off 0.1g in my Dynavap.