The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Veg tent is settling in now and stuff starting to stretch. The Sundae Batter and the Adub x AC are neck and neck. Had to put some LST on the Lemon Tree, the others just pruning that inside fan leaf has been enough. They both have a natural 45 degree spread from the trunk to the limb. The lemon Tree was going vertical.
IMG_3779.JPG
And the Zkittles is already showing a sprinkling of leaf ambers (and cat hair). Two weeks out I'm guessing. One more feeding.
IMG_3775.JPGIMG_3774.JPG
Starting a few more cukes and the NL I'll be keeping an eye on. Looks fine but that loop in the taproot was just below the surface. still acting wierd. A little stretch and some more dirt and she should be fine, but I am ready to drop another just in case. IMG_3772.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I cluttered up @High kev 's page talking about it so fuck it - I am dropping two autos to replace the two tester beans that didn't pop. The water and the beans are both warming up and shall meeet shortly ;)

After seeing the 18/6 version, this is a test to see if I want to run auto's in the future. No sense hanging on to the last two auto's if I don't. This Auto-Zkittles by seesman is a frosty bitch, and would have been thicker if I had gone straight to a 5gallon, or done it earlier.

Anyway, no problem with the plant - it was an easy grow, hearty plant, got sooper-droopy twice from drinking the pot dry and popped right back without losing a leaf. But it is a canopy nightmare, no two ways about it if you have it at 18/6 in your veg space. If I can run these two autos at 12/12 for most of the grow and get a decent yield of plump flowers then I'm game.

It's not a high hurdle either - if I get a few ounces per plant that is worthy smoke, I'm in to run them. But you can't top them - I think this has been proven beyond bro-science. But I want to try pruning away the larf on these. It'll keep them skinnier since those lower tops won't be stretching out. I'll probably try two different pruning methods to see if anything works.

Some people complaining about the yield on autos may be looking for more per plant than I am. If I can fill a quart jar or two I'm good, but if I want hash I'll grow a plant for it. I'd rather not be saying 'fuck it' for half a plant halfway through a grow because of the mandatory larf.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I cluttered up @High kev 's page talking about it so fuck it - I am dropping two autos to replace the two tester beans that didn't pop. The water and the beans are both warming up and shall meeet shortly ;)

After seeing the 18/6 version, this is a test to see if I want to run auto's in the future. No sense hanging on to the last two auto's if I don't. This Auto-Zkittles by seesman is a frosty bitch, and would have been thicker if I had gone straight to a 5gallon, or done it earlier.

Anyway, no problem with the plant - it was an easy grow, hearty plant, got sooper-droopy twice from drinking the pot dry and popped right back without losing a leaf. But it is a canopy nightmare, no two ways about it if you have it at 18/6 in your veg space. If I can run these two autos at 12/12 for most of the grow and get a decent yield of plump flowers then I'm game.

It's not a high hurdle either - if I get a few ounces per plant that is worthy smoke, I'm in to run them. But you can't top them - I think this has been proven beyond bro-science. But I want to try pruning away the larf on these. It'll keep them skinnier since those lower tops won't be stretching out. I'll probably try two different pruning methods to see if anything works.

Some people complaining about the yield on autos may be looking for more per plant than I am. If I can fill a quart jar or two I'm good, but if I want hash I'll grow a plant for it. I'd rather not be saying 'fuck it' for half a plant halfway through a grow because of the mandatory larf.
The last two autos I just finished stayed with the photos from seedlings to finish, I LST lightly because I was short on space and needed them to grow more upright, they took training and larf removal with ease, one went longer than I would have preferred I figured the 12/12 would speed them along maybe it did not.. Think that's part of my issue I been trying so many different breeders I never spend enough time on one strain to where I totally have one dialed in...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The last two autos I just finished stayed with the photos from seedlings to finish, I LST lightly because I was short on space and needed them to grow more upright, they took training and larf removal with ease, one went longer than I would have preferred I figured the 12/12 would speed them along maybe it did not.. Think that's part of my issue I been trying so many different breeders I never spend enough time on one strain to where I totally have one dialed in...
Same here on the strains. I don't need the weed that would result from getting a strain dialed in. I've been in too much of a hurry to flip and drop the next batch as well. I'm slowing down. These autos will stay 18/6 until they outgrow the solo cup, then we'll see. I hate going right to a big pot, but that might just be what they need to produce right.

As far as 12/12 from seed, I have done a solo-cup contest and did that just to try and keep the plant small. It showed sex no earlier than a plant at 18/6 (I think it was about 35-40 days in) so all it did was keep the plant smaller, not start flowering sooner.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Same here on the strains. I don't need the weed that would result from getting a strain dialed in. I've been in too much of a hurry to flip and drop the next batch as well. I'm slowing down. These autos will stay 18/6 until they outgrow the solo cup, then we'll see. I hate going right to a big pot, but that might just be what they need to produce right.

As far as 12/12 from seed, I have done a solo-cup contest and did that just to try and keep the plant small. It showed sex no earlier than a plant at 18/6 (I think it was about 35-40 days in) so all it did was keep the plant smaller, not start flowering sooner.
I tried the big pot from the start and it didn't change anything for me except a smallish plant with lots of roots, might have just been the strain but it did much better starting in solos then up potting before the roots start wrapping around the bottom of the cup, I have been starting them in solos ever since, it is amazing how big a plant you can grow in a solo.....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I tried the big pot from the start and it didn't change anything for me except a smallish plant with lots of roots, might have just been the strain but it did much better starting in solos then up potting before the roots start wrapping around the bottom of the cup, I have been starting them in solos ever since, it is amazing how big a plant you can grow in a solo.....
Roots.... The only thing I put in a 5 gallon now is stuff I know will flower extra long, or I up-pot to that when needed. That is great info, because hand watering a 3 gallon and 5 gallon are two different animals. I can water a whole tent of three gallons from a 5 gallon bucket. With 5 gallon pots it becomes bucketS

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess i'm one of the few morning people on here. Old dudes...
Both auto's are in the dirt. Since I am doing fewer plants I just didched the propagator. If they look like they can't hack it I have more clear cups. Hard to make out but I have a heat mat shoved under the tent on the side the seedlings are not on.
IMG_3807.JPG
And I may be dropping another NL. This was a yuuuuge bean, and kind of offset - like the sides didn't meet up right, but is was still sealed and obviously viable. but wonky. it has trailer park teeth coty's and I can't tell what those are coming out next. Probably should have gotten a pic before I misted them. But I'll let that next set of whatever grow out before dropping one. Before the end of the month. IMG_3809.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can't wait to get the volunteer bean and the clone out of here. I'll be more uniform LOL
IMG_3810.JPG
The volunteer bean must have dropped off a plant at some point and not been a lost bean, this ain't no planned strain LOL. But the cinnamon stem rub is real. Each top is crazy like a re-veg - but the plumpness underneath is good.
IMG_3811.JPGIMG_3812.JPGIMG_3813.JPGIMG_3814.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This tent will get some company soon but I ain't rushing it.
IMG_3821.JPG

I'm still in the burping stage on the mom for the 4 clones. Crazy good. When you first open the jar it's straight kerosene, then it mellows to an almost perfume/spice fuel.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I pruned a few lower leaves, and a lower set of sprouts from all these. On the next node up I just took the outside one. Next watering I'll hit the upper two limbs.
IMG_3823.JPG
Since I can accomodate height in flower I am letting these get a little taller before flip. Maybe as tall as the pot. But the height of what would have been the top is what the stretch is measured from in my experience. I have LST'd some limbs sideways to the pot edge and then let them get a foot or so tall, and that is too much for some strains. If you get 200-300% stretch and they are already 2 feet "tall" (length then height) you can get monsters.
IMG_3822.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I can't wait to get the volunteer bean and the clone out of here. I'll be more uniform LOL
View attachment 89734
The volunteer bean must have dropped off a plant at some point and not been a lost bean, this ain't no planned strain LOL. But the cinnamon stem rub is real. Each top is crazy like a re-veg - but the plumpness underneath is good.
View attachment 89735View attachment 89736View attachment 89737View attachment 89738
Quite a bit of fox tailing, were you using canna boost by chance? I tried some awhile back I had mad foxtail

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Quite a bit of fox tailing, were you using canna boost by chance? I tried some awhile back I had mad foxtail
Nah, nothing out of the ordinary. This popped up in the soil I added to the top of an already flowering plant. I yanked it out and grew it -like destiny or something LOL. But it's basically a bagseed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After the crazy re-veg I had, I learned that in the future, if something starts doing that it won't hurt to just chop it off. The bud under it is still what you were initially wanting to grow. And it will ripen quicker if the plant is not feeding all that new growth.

The other option is just to ignore it. Watch the buds and harvest based on them.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
After the crazy re-veg I had, I learned that in the future, if something starts doing that it won't hurt to just chop it off. The bud under it is still what you were initially wanting to grow. And it will ripen quicker if the plant is not feeding all that new growth.

The other option is just to ignore it. Watch the buds and harvest based on them.
These foxtailed so bad they were all airy not much left after drying, I did try cutting the tops of the buds to see if they would plump up to no avail, first and last time I use boost the "unboosted plants were normal they were all clones from same mom, I thought I had the lights to low at first but soon realized what caused them to foxtail....

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These foxtailed so bad they were all airy
I noticed that on the ones I had. Since I had 9 plants, I treated several different. I let a few go long term until the actual top was done. It was all larfy - lots of hash though from letting it go, and the fluffiness of t made the dry-sift easy. On some I pruned off the new growth on the tops and they got some density. Out of nine plants in 3 gallons I got about 2oz of hash, and a few half gallons of dense tops. Nothing underneath got dense.

In the future if I have a re-veg problem I'll prune any new stuff off if it is worth keeping for hash, then if anything gets dense fine. But waiting until it starts flowering again before breaking out the hedge clippers is a must. They pit out new shoots until the flowering starts again.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Took about a half hour going up each limb taking any no-frost fans off. What is there is 255g. Lots of lumber though, (which is valuable too 😁 ) so the 25% weight I'll be looking for when it's dry will probably have no bearing on the actual weight of the flowers. IMG_3843.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I should clarify, I got 2oz of premium, first run low-veg dry sift. between 66 and 96 microns from the Paradise Deisel
Instead of running this a second time I am thinking about getting a bottle of everclear and being done with it. Here's the still sorted leftovers, from the 120m screen, the 220m screen, the 1/8" bucket grid, and the stems and big junk. IMG_3844.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dropped another NL fem. The first is still the same height and showing no new leaf growth. If it survives I'll have two, but the new bean is likely going in that same cup...