The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Homecoming Queen - performing exactly as expected. Once I untied them everything went vertical and grew back together, and they don't care. All the buds I've harvested have been on the small side but dense. As far as real estate goes, skinny plants. If it crowds up in here they'll line up against the wall and be happy with it. The GMO Cake is the last to show but getting some size to her.
IMG_3934.JPG
The contest plant is a complete experiment to try and get a super fat top at the expense of everything else ;) (I have another in veg LOL)
I'm not taking any more main shoots, but I'll snip off any tertiary stuff on the ones that are there.
IMG_3931.JPG
Nothing bad in here either. The Headbanger Zee is the taller one, Vin Santo is the on the left, and the Grapefruit in the back.
IMG_3940.JPG
This is the no-heat tent, and I just dropped the lights on these to get more lumens. Here's the Leaf-bud Grapefruit
IMG_3935.JPG
And the regular one. Both have a pretty high leaf-to-calyx ratio, which is one reason I dropped the lights. I want that to get plump.
IMG_3936.JPG
The Headbanger is the fattest. but all are pretty plump top to bottom
IMG_3937.JPG
The Vin Santo is compact. Looks like more density than weight on her. IMG_3938.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One thing I noticed with the 3 lights off the one driver is that I can turn the driver all the way up and it seems there's more board left I could be using - like they could be brighter.

I think electrically I figgerd it out but check my math!

The 240-driver designed for two boards doesn't fully juice three when at full power - not electrically efficient for the driver, but the boards should be fine?

I'm thinking about adding a 120-driver once I get the other tent shifted over since it's outside the tent. I was wanting to free up a plug but it might not be worth it. But this makes changing the other tent over an easy job since it's just running two wires, then a one for one replacement and not adding a third board. Two are fine... for now 😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Zaphod420 you were talking about cooking and eating - as a soiler I have other thoughts. There has to be some good stuff in them like ginger root or ginseng or whatever, but good stuff to put back in the soil too.
IMG_3945.JPG
Since I am doing fewer plants and vegging longer I am going to have more soil to play with and more time between repots. These are kind of dry.
I am going to snip up the fine roots and then chop up the main roots and get them all back in the soil. Probably let the fat main roots dry out to firewood consistency before adding them.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Boredom is a motherfucker LOL. I am getting set to up-pot and move the babies, so I flipped the Sundae Batter I'm not sure if this tester batch is a different chuck from the ones for sale or not or if there was another run after they figured out which ones were a go. Anyway, no clue about the stretch and she's starting already so flip. On a step stool for now but I don't see that lasting past the next watering.
IMG_3944.JPG

@Zaphod420 you were talking about cooking and eating - as a soiler I have other thoughts. There has to be some good stuff in them like ginger root or ginseng or whatever, but good stuff to put back in the soil too.
View attachment 90357
Since I am doing fewer plants and vegging longer I am going to have more soil to play with and more time between repots. These are kind of dry.
I am going to snip up the fine roots and then chop up the main roots and get them all back in the soil. Probably let the fat main roots dry out to firewood consistency before adding them.
Dude my compost pile(s) for my veggie garden get all my root balls and bare stalks, and I just grab my mattock and swing on them until the are nice and small chunks. I have earth worms(no shit now) that are as big a round or > than your thumb and over a foot long. They love them roots and stems imho. Never really tried making any balms or teas out of them yet but I'm sure they must have some medicinal value in them as well.

LoudCountryBAMF

All my headbanger crosses were boys. Got 2 gorillas and 2 star fighter girls going. Headbanger looked the best. Bummer!
About to flower one of these, but thinking of reversing a clone and just hitting all my girls.... 🥸😁

About to flower one of these, but thinking of reversing a clone and just hitting all my girls.... 🥸😁
Man I tell you what if it really turns out to be 37% that certainly something I plan on trying to do as well. So hyped for this strain and can't wait to see one growing in my tent.(You da man LC)

LoudCountryBAMF

Man I tell you what if it really turns out to be 37% that certainly something I plan on trying to do as well. So hyped for this strain and can't wait to see one growing in my tent.(You da man LC)
I keep trying to find that amazing review, but still searching... that's the only thing thats making me hesitate....we'll see what the smoke is like from this one...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I keep trying to find that amazing review, but still searching... that's the only thing thats making me hesitate....we'll see what the smoke is like from this one...
I am no scientist, but I don't think it is as rare as they think. If I had to guess, at least the one Homecoming Queen plant I grew (and thankfully cloned) is pushing the 30% range. I'm just guessing based on how it effects me compared to a lot of others. There may be others that have that punch. How many growers out there actually have their stuff tested?

I am no scientist, but I don't think it is as rare as they think. If I had to guess, at least the one Homecoming Queen plant I grew (and thankfully cloned) is pushing the 30% range. I'm just guessing based on how it effects me compared to a lot of others. There may be others that have that punch. How many growers out there actually have their stuff tested?
What's cool about OK is not only can you just pick up a rock and then throw it and most likely hit a dispensaries(there are ton of them) but they are required to get all their weed they sell tested and print labels of the results and stick them on anything you buy. I have had a couple Sativas that were 29% but I I have yet to see one in the 30's but I will definitely be able to tell if Fututre 1 ends up being beyond everything out there they are currently selling. Oh and say H.A.F. I think I see you are growing some red clover in a pic you posted... Do you use that for companion planting/cover or do you smoke it? I had a friend tell me if you smoke it it cleans out your lungs and apparently makes it much easier to get high and you don't have to smoke as much weed and I have no idea if that is true or not.
What's behind the Big Green door you ask? Jars and Jars of stinky delicious WEED!@
MaryJ.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Do you use that for companion planting/cover or do you smoke it?
Clover sucks nitrogen from the air and inserts it in the soil. I am thinking about cover-crop layer for the pots. These are just to see how big it gets, how long it takes, etc. I want to see if top-dressing is sill a viable option with a bed of clover there. I think that while raking it won't be possible, it also won't be necessary. I have so much microbial junk in my soil that it grows together in a wafer on the top. Tiny roots and primordial ooze sticking it together and making the water run right to the sides if not disturbed.
What's cool about OK is not only can you just pick up a rock and then throw it and most likely hit a dispensaries(there are ton of them) but they are required to get all their weed they sell tested and print labels of the results and stick them on anything you buy.
I grow weed. If I have to get each crop tested, I am going to pick the finest looking bud in the lot, probably a top - or near it if there was a late 'pistil-push' up top. Would every bud on the plant test the same? I am thinking not. I trust their labeling about as much as I trust anything else.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am also wondering how easy it would be to get that one batch that tests well, and hang on to it to send in every time. while stuffing random shit in the packages.

I am also wondering how easy it would be to get that one batch that tests well, and hang on to it to send in every time. while stuffing random shit in the packages.
Yeah I have no doubt there are probably a couple tricks a ethically challenged shop could employee to game the numbers a bit but if you burn enough people with bullshit word is going to get out and good luck trying to get those people back that think you aren't throwing straight dice. They take weed here pretty serious and you can smell test and put nugs under magnifiers and inspect potential purchase and just use the lab report as a basic starting point. Red clover sounds pretty bad ass where did you get your seed for it?
Bogarts.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just ordered a 5lb sack. I have about a third of an acre that still needs grading and this might be a cheaper option than topsoil. The dirt ain't that bad, a little on the clay side, but this can be tilled under, and much will come back.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those mini clover seeds are the size of poppy seeds. a pound is a LOT. I'd say the others are about mustard seed size.