The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My thought as well. I don’t dry mine down so dry that it would break off like that.
Here's an addendum to that - granny's wardrobe stays at ~70 degrees and ~56% rH - which is close to what I would be looking for in the jar. I could leave it for two weeks in there with no 'damage'. Thus the importance of dialing in a drying room like you do a grow room

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have an awful hard time believing that those brushes don't just break trichomes off the bud, either. If the leaves are dry enough to brush off than so are all the trichomes that will get hit by the brush.
I aint even worried about that 'hype' selling point. scissors get gummy, and piss me off. I've thrown shit in a bowl trimmer because I was 'done'. Like I said, I'll give it an honest review, but it won't take much on the plus side to cancel out skizzors.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
But if it works as advertized, hell yes, capitalism rocks. Find a need, fill it, make bank. Good for you! If it's something I can use I'll help make you rich, no skin off my ass. How many pairs of trimming scissors have you bought? :unsure:🤪
And what to do with all those no longer serviceable trimming scissors lol, one can only sharpen them so many times at least ime, I have a drawer full of semi sharp to good to toss but not good enough to use...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Flipped the clones. I shall have Homecoming Queen in excess! These are on highchairs until 4/20 then they get the floor so they don't take up as much real estate
IMG_3550.JPG
which leaves these in veg. There is room in both tents for flips, so I don't know what besides the contest plants get flipped on 4/20. The Lemon Tree is definitely going longer in veg. The GMO Cake is almost ready for a new pot.
IMG_3551.JPG
The tall tent. I am watching the wierd volunteer plant close.
IMG_3554.JPG
It keeps looking like it is going to make little flowers, or they are plump with a seed - then they open and a pistil or three come out. IMG_3556.JPG
the other side of that same sideways bud
IMG_3555.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Scissors day.
I got all the seedleaves and their sprouts clipped. And the GMO Cake was getting tall so I pre-topped it to focus the growth. I cut above the third set of sprouts, but I am only keeping two sets. I'm going to have to re-think pruning for keeping the Contester christmas tree. If it's anywhere close I'll top the other one right at flip.
IMG_3586.JPG
The Zkittles auto is filling in nice up top.
IMG_3588.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got S&M on the sproutiest clone, trimmed away a few misplaces sprouts. As they start showing they'll lose more to make 4-6 tops per plant. Just waiting to see which are the good ones.
IMG_3576.JPG
Happy tent overall
IMG_3577.JPG
The Vin Santo is in the back, Starfighter Zee in the front.
IMG_3581.JPG
The rear Grapefruit had a hodge podge of heights on the lower canopy, but on the upper two limbs they were all plumping up nice. I took them mostly off the other two like I usually do.
IMG_3580.JPG
The front Grapefruit is the bomb.
IMG_3579.JPG
I could ditch the 4 tops and it would look like a bowl of marigolds. On this one the tops will lose any big fans that shade anything. A couple are close.
IMG_3582.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No pruning in here but I tied up some limbs on the Angel Heart.
IMG_3574.JPG
The two Zerelda are the shorties and right under the lights, the Gorilla Zee is in the back, and the Headbanger Zee in the front.
IMG_3575.JPG
I was pleasantly surprised when checking the mystery plant for nuts. First, there were none. I no longer trust mystery plants...
IMG_3566.JPG
The structure is crazy looking like a herm waiting to happen, IMG_3567.JPG
But it's frosty and every little piece of it is getting plump
IMG_3568.JPG
And after I got done checking her my fingers smelled like cinnamom from the stems.
IMG_3569.JPG

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Here's an addendum to that - granny's wardrobe stays at ~70 degrees and ~56% rH - which is close to what I would be looking for in the jar. I could leave it for two weeks in there with no 'damage'. Thus the importance of dialing in a drying room like you do a grow room
I jar at 62%. Different strokes for different folks.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I jar at 62%. Different strokes for different folks.
I hav 62% packs for the jars. A little lower rH so it actually dries. we're talking 6% from 56 to 62. The weed probably isn't at 56% just because the room is. All I mean is that if I left something in there and completely forgot about it, it's not that far from storage environment and would not be ruined. So going an extra day when I think it's ready won't hurt anything.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Punisher84 - since I go more by weight it doesn't matter as much, but I have had very few 'rehydrate' in the jar from the packs. Some do a little though when I initially put it under vacuum.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I literelly hate this but it was necessary - fuck autos LOL
IMG_3601.JPG
I have until 4/20 to not knock something over... After I flip a few out the tray is gone and the bitch gets the floor with shelves for the rest.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the last of the PD. I got two ounces of hard, dense nugs but the re-veg did prevent a lot from plumping up - That means about 6 ounces of stuff to make hash.
IMG_3605.JPG
I am now a fan of the brush. Scissors are still needed and I want to try it on plants that are not fucked up. Hwew;s a before and after and it took about 15 seconds of brushing to get thereIMG_3609.JPG
I didn't remove the fan leaves except for the mainstem ones before hanging. The stems up to the leaves start are still there. are still there, but their leaves are not. Doing denst flowers should be easy.
IMG_3611.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These sem to be OK with the high chairs and getting decapitated.
IMG_3621.JPG
Food for all the flowers. Might move the taller of the Z-batch from the other tent to in here on the 20th. IMG_3619.JPG
Ditched the high chairs for the clones.
IMG_3633.JPG
The 3.5 top (skinny center one) got untied, the other three got re-tied. The were all pointing north before I started. Now that they are to the pot edge and should start stretching now. Next watering I'll untie everything for a day or two and let it stretch then make final prunings of the non-hackers and re-tie as necessary.
IMG_3634.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Now I'm going to brag on being one of the first LOL.
Grapefruit. I have 10 left out of a 13 pack - and I'm getting another 4/20 ;)
Poor pic, but in the top right corner there's a spot of white that caught my eye.
IMG_3624.JPG
Not only does each plant have one limb with two triploid nodes before the natural maturity separation of the nodes
IMG_3630.JPGIMG_3632.JPG
I got my first leaf-bud!
IMG_3625.JPG
Really fun plant to grow LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
random stoner thought

When I recycle soil I check roots.

most root growth after repottintgg is down, not sideways.

Shorter - wider pots probably work best repotting in plastic nursery pots.

Lurrabq

Here's the last of the PD. I got two ounces of hard, dense nugs but the re-veg did prevent a lot from plumping up - That means about 6 ounces of stuff to make hash.
View attachment 88999
I am now a fan of the brush. Scissors are still needed and I want to try it on plants that are not fucked up. Hwew;s a before and after and it took about 15 seconds of brushing to get thereView attachment 89000
I didn't remove the fan leaves except for the mainstem ones before hanging. The stems up to the leaves start are still there. are still there, but their leaves are not. Doing denst flowers should be easy.
View attachment 89001
Never occurred to me to use a basting brush.

That is a straight up great idea!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Never occurred to me to use a basting brush.

That is a straight up great idea!
After holding the 'canna' brush, it is stiffer than a basting brush. It would be worth a shot, but I think you might have to put too much pressure for it to be effective. If you can find one with stiff bristles that would be the ticket.