The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Beers and edibles - early to bed... way early to rise. I have as much 4/20 to do stuff as I want now :ROFLMAO:
Wake-n-bake with Sangria Cookies at about 1am... 🤷‍♂️
First off was feeding and watering the veg closet. I ditched the tray until the auto is done and I up-potted the GMO Cake into a 2 gallon. I also moved the Zkittles tree from a 3 to a 5 gallon :rolleyes:. She was dry to wilting in 2 days after getting soaked.
IMG_3651.JPG
Then I flipped (made room for) the Adub x AC contest plant in the short tent. Only big plants left are the two grapefruit and the Starfighter Zee.
IMG_3647.JPG
Moved the Vin Santo to the tall tent. There's one spot left in here which will probably be for the Starfighter when more stuff gets flipped.
IMG_3642.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My wago's will be showing up today, so I may fuck with the lights at some point depending on arrival time. I have beans to drop, and a heat sink to cut that doesn't require wire connectors.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have crowding, but I am still dropping every month or so. This 2-fem 5-reg drop is to get me 4-5 plants. The Heisen 5-fem drop was a known quantity.

The clones are going to be gumming up the works as usual, so culling there is an option since I am getting more beans. More likely they'll get shoved against a wall and left.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hippie Girl Scout is nice ;)
IMG_3653.JPG
super dense, with a sweet/spicy smell that I can't define yet.
IMG_3656.JPG
It has sweet on the taste as well, and kind of minty on the exhale. I ground up a handfull of nugs to get really into it for a day or two.
First thing I noticeed was the layer of fine beach sand coating the tray under the ground up veg. It all tapped loose, not gummy.
This pic is with it all shifted to one side, then tilted to let the veg slide down
IMG_3658.JPG
IMG_3660.JPG

*will grow again list

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Started trimming on the Homecoming Queen and it needs another day. Tiny, dense nugs. smells like sweet/spice with an undertone of coffee. IMG_3678.JPG
The leaf top that is visible in the center looks pretty cool
IMG_3680.JPGIMG_3680 (2).JPGIMG_3680 (3).JPG
Anyway - I have 4 more :)
IMG_3683.JPG
And I have a spot in here available, so the next thing that needs flipped has room. I have the heatsink cut, the boards reassembled, and the spare driver ready to go for in here - but I'm not feeling it... The wide two-board light centered here would get shoved back, and the third board added left of center near the door. But I have to turn the lights off to get it done . So I am going to run wires mount the driver etc. so it's just unplugging/disconnecting the existing driver and hooking the individual two-wire to each board. I can get the extra light hung too. But I think the actual power shift should be in the morning after I have slept on it...
IMG_3687.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Topped the Lemon Tree and removed the seed-leaf sprouts. After I ditched the tray and everything got closer to the lights it started growing :unsure:
Before:
IMG_3690.JPG
IMG_3691.JPG
After.
IMG_3692.JPG
IMG_3693.JPG
I am going to get the Lemon Tree into a 5 gallon eventually, and I am going to start training stuff flat as soon as there's some stretch. Let it veg out to the diameter of a 5-gal before letting them head north. Then I'll leave more undergrowth on each of the 4 trees since there should be light in the middle.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Topped the Lemon Tree and removed the seed-leaf sprouts. After I ditched the tray and everything got closer to the lights it started growing :unsure:
Before:
View attachment 89276
View attachment 89277
After.
View attachment 89278
View attachment 89279
I am going to get the Lemon Tree into a 5 gallon eventually, and I am going to start training stuff flat as soon as there's some stretch. Let it veg out to the diameter of a 5-gal before letting them head north. Then I'll leave more undergrowth on each of the 4 trees since there should be light in the middle.
I’m definitely running Lemon Tree in the fall. The last one I started was a mutant and didn’t make it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’m definitely running Lemon Tree in the fall. The last one I started was a mutant and didn’t make it.
That sucks. I hate it when that happens...

I really love the actual "I just smoked a lemon peel" effect you get. And the smell is amazing. Cured it's almost like smoked lemons - or preserved or something.

I'm growing this one out more than I usually do before flipping, Might top it for 8 or something - depends on what the plant does I guess.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pic 1 - how to turn anything into a veg room :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
This was all I was going to use a few years ago. Thr door is light-proof enough for a dark bedroom, thick pond liner on the floor and foil-taped to the bottom of the door loosely to act like a gasket. Some boards screwed to the door frame where needed to add a foil-tape light barrier.
Still better for veg but it flowers fine (fuck I'm high)
The intake ventillation was more intricate but I ripped all that shit out to make it easier to clean. Vent-hole cut high on the inside of the closet, low on the outside, blocked off at the top. Washable dust filter jammed in. Hole in the ceiling for the kick ass exhaust and hang a light.
IMG_3721.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Anywhooo
I may have to rethink the auto thing. Since I am not looking for a large return, I may see how the next one does at 12/12.
If it gives me a good taste of the strain at that light schedule then it would actually save electricity rather than waste it with no time in the veg tent. Gonna weigh this one whole and then compare it to the next one ad 12/12 from germ when I run out of this smoke.
IMG_3717.JPG
so I would not be against running autos if they meet some parameters. Like they should have a decent return of dense flowers that are no different from running a fem or reg (understanding that the actual weight would be less, as long as the flower is worth the wait), and doing so under 12 hours a day of good lighting should be enough. I might drop two of a strain and try pruning lower crap on one (not topping) and not the other and see if it is beneficial. Might be another selling point.
IMG_3722.JPG
Since these weren't stretching and getting crowded, I pruned the inside fan leaf on the two stems that had those nodes (east and west here). No LST yet and everything has some room to grow north. I did that on the Sundae Batter as well. The Lemon Tree might not need it.
IMG_3719.JPG
The GMO Cake got flipped and is in here beside the Adub x AC contester. I realized I don't even know if I like it so get-r-dun! I'm betting yes, in which case I have more beans...
The clones on the ground got untied, and they can now grow like a stand of pines, all crowded and stuff. They'll be fine (I'll show you how I know next post). The little shrub on the rack is still tied town, and may stay get untied in a day or so. A few had to get stretched a bit to where they needed to be tonight, so the rest had to be adjusted lower. She's also in a 3g instead of a 2g to adjust for the extra tops
IMG_3712.JPG
And I lost the Gorilla Zee to gender identity issues. Any fellow testers keep an eye out, and please don't find any so I can drop another LOL.

After the dust settles (I don't think so LOL) I have room to move the Starfighter Zee in here - she's happy now between the Grapefruit Sisters, and it won't matter until I flip a few more from veg.
IMG_3727.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last Homecoming Queen clone had 8 or 9 tops, some shorter some taller, all bunched together, and they all got plump, top to bottom. It was a 2 gallon pot, less than 2' tall, and I got 5 quarter-bags out of it... (yes, that's a ramen bowl) LOL
IMG_3700.JPG
And that's about what I got from the mom. and I am happy as a pig in shit about it. Nice purpe highlights now that the crows-feet are (mostly) gone.
IMG_3709.JPG
And it's a little frosty.
IMG_3705.JPG
The mom is already fucking me up on a regular basis, and I let this one go a week or so longer.
IMG_3704.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got the Lemon Tree up-potted, and all three of these will be waiting a week or so to flip - or until they look ready. The other two get watered tonight, can you tell?
IMG_3761.JPG
3 of 5 on the Mimms, and the NL had/has a crazy curly-Q thing going on with the tap-root. had to remove it, make a hole, then wiggle it back in.
IMG_3762.JPG
Not pictured but I lost the two Zerelda and the Starfighter Z to nuts. Discussion about it and it might be the early flipping that is part of the stress problem. There were plants from each tent, so it wasn't a peculiarity to one or the other. I'm holding off on the Zee crosses until he hears back from other testers.

And for whoever told me I was wasting R/O water - I put together a fix.
I have a spare bathroom, so I have the sink permanently used for RO, and the hot water off at the valve to prevent mishaps. The garden hose timer is a good addition. Takes about 20 minutes to fill a 3gal bottle.
IMG_3767.JPGIMG_3767.JPG
IMG_3767.JPG
Unless I am going for 0ppm then it'll take about an hour. The fix was I added a valve before the last deionization cartridge.
IMG_3763.JPG

Streetpro09

Tester
Got the Lemon Tree up-potted, and all three of these will be waiting a week or so to flip - or until they look ready. The other two get watered tonight, can you tell?
View attachment 89492
3 of 5 on the Mimms, and the NL had/has a crazy curly-Q thing going on with the tap-root. had to remove it, make a hole, then wiggle it back in.
View attachment 89493
Not pictured but I lost the two Zerelda and the Starfighter Z to nuts. Discussion about it and it might be the early flipping that is part of the stress problem. There were plants from each tent, so it wasn't a peculiarity to one or the other. I'm holding off on the Zee crosses until he hears back from other testers.

And for whoever told me I was wasting R/O water - I put together a fix.
I have a spare bathroom, so I have the sink permanently used for RO, and the hot water off at the valve to prevent mishaps. The garden hose timer is a good addition. Takes about 20 minutes to fill a 3gal bottle.
View attachment 89495View attachment 89495
View attachment 89495
Unless I am going for 0ppm then it'll take about an hour. The fix was I added a valve before the last deionization cartridge.
View attachment 89494
Never thought to use a pool timer. 😳 good idea!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fucking Chinese...
I have one tent flipped over to the remote-driver three-board setup. Figured I needed about 300' of wire to do the tent, 60' for both. :unsure:
Ordered a spool that was 60' right? 🤷‍♂️
Fine print "30 foot red, 30 foot black" 🤦‍♂️
It's 2-strand wire - they are hooked together. You can pull them apart ease, but it's one fucking 16/2 wire 🤬
IMG_3768.JPG
Temps are about 5 degrees cooler so far. Now that I know it works I'll get in there and make stuff prettyb at some point.
Going back in to dial the exhaust back a notch... IMG_3770.JPG