The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The lineup is set for this batch, even if I have to drop another NL. This one sank quick, but I couldn't tell if there was a crack. No tail.
One of the auto's was a dud, so that one is it. IMG_3864.JPG

Wednesday will be 6 weeks for these, and they'll probably flip then. The Lemon Tree is a week behind, but loks to be the stretchiest. IMG_3863.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Half ass smoke report. Today was blueberry day. Had some stuff to do early so the wake-n-bake was Minnesota Muffin. One of those half-joint cones. Very mellow buzz, and perfect for daytime. Did the stuff then wanted to be high high. Tried the Blueberry Freeze and now my ears are ringing :cool:

BBF on the left - half ass pic to match the report.IMG_3866.JPG

Last edited:

LoudCountryBAMF

I cluttered up @High kev 's page talking about it so fuck it - I am dropping two autos to replace the two tester beans that didn't pop. The water and the beans are both warming up and shall meeet shortly ;)

After seeing the 18/6 version, this is a test to see if I want to run auto's in the future. No sense hanging on to the last two auto's if I don't. This Auto-Zkittles by seesman is a frosty bitch, and would have been thicker if I had gone straight to a 5gallon, or done it earlier.

Anyway, no problem with the plant - it was an easy grow, hearty plant, got sooper-droopy twice from drinking the pot dry and popped right back without losing a leaf. But it is a canopy nightmare, no two ways about it if you have it at 18/6 in your veg space. If I can run these two autos at 12/12 for most of the grow and get a decent yield of plump flowers then I'm game.

It's not a high hurdle either - if I get a few ounces per plant that is worthy smoke, I'm in to run them. But you can't top them - I think this has been proven beyond bro-science. But I want to try pruning away the larf on these. It'll keep them skinnier since those lower tops won't be stretching out. I'll probably try two different pruning methods to see if anything works.

Some people complaining about the yield on autos may be looking for more per plant than I am. If I can fill a quart jar or two I'm good, but if I want hash I'll grow a plant for it. I'd rather not be saying 'fuck it' for half a plant halfway through a grow because of the mandatory larf.
I top all my autos. And the grow huge. The problem is the smoke. Plant gets huge with a higher chance of just okay smoke, and when you find that great auto, no clone. So it really really really about genetics.

I top all my autos.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I top all my autos. And the grow huge. The problem is the smoke. Plant gets huge with a higher chance of just okay smoke, and when you find that great auto, no clone. So it really really really about genetics.

I top all my autos.
Good to know. I'm sure at some point boredom or curiosity will get me trying them again. I just have one to play with, so I'm basing how I prune it on how the other one turned out. Lose the bottom few limbs all the way around early in veg, then any larfy-nuggies below the tops will get snipped early in flower. You could tell early on the sites that only had half a dozen pistils and a tiny flower. That is the pruning I plan on as soon as it shows.
IMG_3873.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Flipped 4/15. The Homecoming Queen clones are popping! Getting the fans off the contest tree is starting to pay off, but for now it looks like a leafy traffic cone. But the fans on the secondary limbs are getting large so the growth should progress nicely. Looks like a it'll be flat canopy under a tall top.
IMG_3886.JPG
The Mimms Kush are killing it, triplets. The CLHP looks like it hit a bad spot but she's still vertical. The auto has the black tag. still under a split cup except for the pic.
IMG_3888.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Maybe it'll be good for tinnitus lol.

The new ringing will cancel out the old ringing. Plus you'll be ripped so you might forget about the ringing altogether.
I would love to find a strain that evened out the ringing, lost 80% hearing one ear overnight a few years back, I swear it was replaced with ringing!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Feeding day for the flowers. They all got the 'white pistil' feeding. 1tbsp each of All Purpose, Cavern Culture, and malted barley mixed with some soil, then top-dressed on the pots and watered in. And both the Angel Heart and the bagseed were done. The tops still had white pistils but everything underneath was brown and done. IMG_3903.JPG
The Angel Heart has an overpowering amazing smell. mainly sour, but with a hint of literally everything else. It is unique. I'm thinking mangos as the predominant smell, that fruity/sour/petrol smell. Hot mess of limbs though. 375g as is.
IMG_3904.JPG
The bagseed is beautiful except for the tops. It has the gas, but there's a hint of coffee and cinnamon. And I'll never see it again LOL. Hope it's good. Got 325g hanging here beside the Zkittles.
IMG_3905.JPG
All but those re-veg looking tops was stupid plump
IMG_3906.JPG
And these got fed too. I got to thinking about the contester plant being concentrated on the top, so I am going back to remove those two long lower sprouts. Might take two more before she shows tops real good.
IMG_3901.JPG
NL is up and everything looks good here
IMG_3910.JPG

Lurrabq

How long did you take your Sangria Cookies? Mine are at 6 weeks and is the overpowering reek in the tent.

I have a 20" stand fan I Put in front of the tent when I leave the flap open. That bedroom smells awesome right now!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How long did you take your Sangria Cookies? Mine are at 6 weeks and is the overpowering reek in the tent.

I have a 20" stand fan I Put in front of the tent when I leave the flap open. That bedroom smells awesome right now!
mine went 10 weeks

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Forts time in a while doing some heavy LST - didn't break anything. The Lemon Tree is a re-grow because I know I like it. She's vegging for a while the only sprouts I took on this were the bottom set and the ones that were 'under' on every other node where one is pointing up. She's to the edge of the 3g, let everything grow north for a bit then untie it and stick it in a 5g and flip.
IMG_3923.JPG
The Mimms are fantastic, the CLHP is better now, and the auto and the NL are still under cup-domes.
IMG_3916.JPG
I also have the cucumber 😁 And the crimson and mini clover seeds I got for the yard I am sprouting a few to know what to expect. The mini clover looks like an excellent in the pot cover-crop, just don't know how that will play with top-dressing. I sprinkled some on the contest plant that already flipped just to see what happens.
IMG_3917.JPG

So these are the new games I am playing to stay busy LOL