The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Back to the plants, the SC bagseed looks and smells yummy - it doesn't have the watermelon smell of the two I culled - which are in the freezer for wash run #1. This one will be smoke. Has the same exact smell as the SC.
IMG_3163.JPG
IMG_3161.JPG
The HQ flower clone has some beauriful little spires. Turning milky, maybe a week left.
IMG_3165.JPG
The Angel Heart flower clone is a damn shrub! I have plenty of the mom to smoke so this was just to see a plant go full term without getting bent over :unsure::cool:
IMG_3166.JPG
And I see more than enough smoke on one of these PD plants to keep me happy for a minute or two.
Two of these will be wash #3 but they're getting stupid amber first.
IMG_3168.JPG
And I made that call because this tent will be wash number 2, whenever I get around to doing the bagseed plants (which smelled amasing) and are just about frozen.
IMG_3170.JPG
The up-close shows a wide variety of trich's, but there are some ambers in the newer re-veg leaves, so when I get busy I am making a day of it. Probably have to buy some ice LOL IMG_3173 (2).JPG

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I have plants going too. I think that this tester cross must not like the mail. From H to JJ to me, and one leaf said 'fuck it' ;)
View attachment 87166
Not dropping another like the Lemon Tree (which will hit dirt as soon as I see a nub) since it was just a curiosity. I'll stay curious. If this one sorts itself out it's a fem so whatever.

Now we play "Name That Strain!" for @J.James if we can :)
View attachment 87167
I whittled down the list of possibilities for what this plant may be to ones that didn't pop in the past few months since I got new seed starter soil.
Sangria Cookies - definitely not - longer flowering, and there's a side-by-side with a SC bag-seed in the last pic.
Blueberry Freeze - just NO :ROFLMAO:
Rock Island Rocket - ???
CLHP - ???
SSHP x Bagguettes - ???
The structure looks similar to the Homecoming Queen and the Corquembouche. Real vertical sprouts. The plentiful, uniform sized nugs top toi bottom resemble both, but the fact they are smaller resembles the HQ. The HQ clone pic is later too. So I am leaning towards the Baguettes cross.
View attachment 87168View attachment 87169View attachment 87170
And here's with the Sangria Cookies bagster - which I will be pulling for done-ness shortly.
View attachment 87171
Looks like a wedding cake cross to me - Croquembouche

Lurrabq

To be clear, I hunt through soil for seeds that don't pop to see why - I'fe saved a few that were growing sideways or just hung up. But I like to see if there was at least an attempt to grow.

I know of one instance in that time period where I didn't find the bean, and I toss that mixed cup-soil into a tub to use to pre-mix with top dressing. - and my stoner ass can't remember when.
I do the same sort of investigation.

Couldn't find a Sangria Cookies seed, and used the cup for a DS F4. Well it came up a week after the DS and is now twice the size of the DS

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Could it have been from a plant that self seeded? Maybe you didn’t notice? It’s happened to me before. “Where the fuck did these seeds come from?”
Anything is possible. But I haven't had any bag-seeds to speak of except about 20 on one Sangria Cookies, which this ain't. That is actually the only one I have found mature bean on. I have found some that were immature like from late nanners, but not from pollenation early enough to make a mature bean. And if there was something tossing nuts and pollen, I would have found more I think. On more plants and in more stages of ripeness.

I just went back over my drops, and they are either Female (F or R, whatever they started as), Male, X is a dud, C is a cull like a herm or deformity.
1617069816535.png
There were 6 beans that didn't pop, and in this timeframe I didn't find one. I'm leaning towards it was one of the SSHP x Baguettes, or the CLHP just because they would have all been picked through at the same time from the same drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fun morning. Got 45g plus an early cone from the HC x GSC. That stuff throws kief everywhere. I'll get a pick when I un-vacuum it next. I only mention it because I am smoking it and I am pretty damn high. Chopped on the 24th.

But I started the process on the PD. 1 down. I don't want to have to mess with a bunch of plants at once, then it's a chore. It's all gonna get hashed, so I'll end up doing one every few days as I get ice made. Thursday will be waching this batch and freezing the next plant.
IMG_3188.JPG
I got about 3/4 of a gallon ziplock out of this, and two trays of bowl-trimmings on the dehydrator with no very little heat - like 85F.
IMG_3189.JPG
Also shoved my SC bagseed in the dark. for a few days. I think if nothing else it makes trimming easier. 3 days with no light and the leaf stems get weak. You can pluck most of it and not need scissors.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here we go - the later harvest Hippie Girl Scout. 4 hours under vacuum with a few 62% packs. Went in 45.68g, came out 45.72. So it got a little too dry - which is perfect because now the weight doesn't matter. It is ready to stay in the jar. with just regular burping and not worrying about moisture.
IMG_3196.JPG
These are all dense, heavy nugs. and kind of frosty...
IMG_3201.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A little of everything. A nice pile of PD dry-sift. The buds are still in the freezer. The plan is to keep the dry sift and bubble separate for aging. andif I get 9 piles like that I'll need a system to keep it curing right for a few months
IMG_3204.JPG
Right now it is just drying under the screen, with a loose lid on the sifter
IMG_3205.JPG
The Lemon Tree that went sideways had a replacement dropped about noon on the 29th. 2 days. IMG_3216.JPG
She's got her own little dome for a few days.IMG_3217.JPG
Since it was culling day I called it on the GGxDD - one coty, one and a half seed-leaves, and nothing. IMG_3211.JPG
Lost a H-zee, G-zee, Vin Diesel and a Grapefruit to nuts. only two others have sexy parts showing that might be male. We'll see. IMG_3207.JPG
The PD are all getting some nice plump calyxes. After the bowl-trim on the first one there were no beans, So the ultimate stress test on the PD is a go.
IMG_3214.JPG
Since the mystery seed is going long, I stuck it in a 3 gallon. The little HQ clone on the right is gonna be next to go, the rest have a while.
IMG_3206.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner thoughts - terps are cool :cool:

I have been re-grading some saved kief, and got the goodies from the Hippie Girl Scout as well -- VERY good return on that one, mild aroma. When I re-sift the kief, it's mainly the bigger stuff to see if drying broke the stems off any trich-heads and allows more through. It also helps sift out any remaining veg material.

There is a definite difference in the aroma from the puro kief. I think harvesting for hash going for the smell might be as important as the ambers. Many plants I have grown start to lose smell later in flower as the ambers come on. The PD might come down quicker than planned because the diesel funk is spot on right now. There's just the one monster I want to see the top-jungle get ripe on, but there won't be much weight there, and the original bud will probably be couch-lock or losing efficacy.

The Angel Heart is a really pungent strain and will also be mostly hash now that I am getting into this. The HQ, i actually enjoy the raw kief. That and the Croquembouche are both amazing, and would probably make excellent hash, but I don't think they would be as terp-heavy. But going for terps I will definitely be cloning the Lemon Tree to try that as well.

Stoner stopped typing and took down a second PD because it seemed the right thing to do before the lights go out. Took 15 minutes with the bowl-trimmer

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hippie Girl Scout. Great cross.
I'd say the yield was average to a little better than average. Each plant was over half a quart of density.
IMG_3225.JPG
I just hit a bowl of the newer stuff I had leftover from whenever I jarred it and packed a cone - very good high. It's a little of everything.
I can't pick out a particular 'side effect' that dominates - it's all there. There's still a little larf left that I'll mess with before full cure, so I'm gonna hit up the older one next. Very similar terps, same pheno, but the later chop has a little more sweetness, the earlier one a little more kerosene. It's about a 60/40 mix for each though, very similar.
IMG_3226.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Half-ass re-report on the Sangria Cookies. Doing dishes while puffing on a cone and having wet hands I smoked a little more than I usually do before I could get it from mouth to ashtray 😎

A. I'm really high now.
B. it is smooth enough that I could do that without a coughing fit :ROFLMAO:

Chopped it Christmas day.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Vietnamese Silver Leaf
Smells like weed - this is a tough one... IMG_3274.JPG
This is a sativa. hands down, no question, I am getting shit done this morning - or at least doing a lot of stuff. We'll see tomorrow if it was productive or just fun...

There's a hint of warm spices - think India or Middle Eastern food. But it's light. After recing a recently posted article about harvesting I learned that for the true long-flowering sativa's 20-30% amber should be the goal rather than the 5-10%. I'll try that next time, but this is good smoke.

It has a bite to the smoke. A little cough-y, but it's right at 30 days. that should ease up. It's not on the first hit though - more of a fill-guage. When you cough put it out - you're done 😎

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also have the two Mr. Nice strains done (Angel Heart and Early Skunk) if anyone is interested.

The AH clone I have going I'll let go to that 25% amber stage. It has a great smell, pleasant smoke, decent buzz, nothing exceptional.

The Early skink is super dense and tiny, like a jar of gravel, and it has a little rank-ness to it but no skunk yet - still looking for that...