The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Growdaddy light that is supposed to arrive Monday is out for delivery. :)

I have a few different sets of the muffin fans, I upgraded to ones that push a little more air. Turned off the exhaust that was just on low, and put one fan in front of an open vent. 65w doesn't generate the heat to need the exhaust, but both lights on does. And the clones are still healthy and growing slow as planned.
IMG_3278.JPG
The one I moved is looking like either three or 5 good tops. IMG_3311.JPG
And this auto may be fine to get a taste of the strain. Still putting out white pistils so it may plump up nice. It's a pretty plant to have in the veg room for what that's worth.
IMG_3312.JPG
Got my first girl (Vin Santo) and the others are just staring to show. Seems slow to me. Might be the cooler temps. Monday is day 14,and I have yet to have a male show that late. Any that haven't shown male by then get up-potted under the assumption they are girls, I'm reusing the dirt if I have to cull after, so it is mainly trying to have them all on the same schedule.
IMG_3282.JPG
Didn't get a good pic but both of the Grapefruit show one node on one limb that is triploid. And I uncovered why the Gods Gift is a runt
IMG_3284.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The funhouse... You can see the turning of the HQ from a distance.
IMG_3308.JPG
Got her last soaking last night
IMG_3290.JPG
IMG_3293.JPGIMG_3291.JPG
Zoomed in on that last one and the purple creeping up the trich's on the edge of the leaf is pretty cool. Got the light-beer ambers starting to show.
IMG_3291 (2).JPG
This is the hot mess. The other two PD in here will go if I need room but they will probably all see ambers on the new stuff before I chop. If all 10 remaining testers are girls then it's possible. I had to get the wire bracing and high tension wires going on her for stability :)
IMG_3296.JPG
And I guess the Angel Heart clone was inspired by the PD and started doing the super-foxtail thing. It's a flower clone though and they do wierd shit anyway. And yes, the pistils have a very yellow tint to them
IMG_3299.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just had an epiphany. The fucking auto can take more light, and if it can't screw it. I don't think it will die. i should be able to ditch the shelving and get the light right for the babies and not kill the Zkittles.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got tired of looking at them and I have three more LOL
IMG_3336.JPG
No idea the weight, but this will be another first for me doing whole plant dry-sift. I have 6 dehydrator trays covered with bowl-trim, and had to stop with the bowl trimmer and just hang a plant and a limb because the mesh thingy was full...
IMG_3337.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Busy morning. Up-potted the LT S1 and the GMO Cake, but I am going to veg at least the Lemon Tree a little longer and so I went with the 1 gallons for now. I think if I had been growing Christmas trees recently I would not mind the auto as much. It is still doing it's stacking thing so there's hope.
IMG_3349.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lost the runty, curly-Q Gods Gift to nuts, and the Headbanger Zee is still androgenous. It has a few pre-flowers that could still go either way. Left it in the small pot. Everything else is in threes, and I have mucho pruning to do after they settle in. I think the Grapefruit are the most bushy Vigorous shoots everywhere. The H-Zee is the opposite. more stretch, less shoots, gangly looking. Probably a dude. It should all perk up in a day after being confined to tiny pots and getting dry every other day.IMG_3351.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess that means the Grapefruit and the Zerelda are the only thing close to 'testers' to see if anything different happens between the two.
The rest are just tasters, and will all probably get another go sooner rather than later.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Restocked the box this morning. The clear ones and the fatty are from the bagseed. Decent smoke, not enough to mess with curing. It was the lesser of the three that didn't toss nuts. Nice fruity smell and frosty/sticky as hell. Not entirely wasted effort. Have the early Skunk and the Angel Heart from Mr. Nice, and the Vietnamese Silver Leaf. I basically re-jarred the three, and the leftover got ground.
IMG_3353.JPG
I found a coffee grinder that actually works well for weed. I don't think brand matters but the small cheap ones that have a removable cup do a decent job. Just pulsed a few times and done. Had to re-grind a few chunks, but didn't want to over-grind the rest.

I'm also getting my first taste of the 4GxWLD today. Just cured, it had a late nanner or something, don't remember without investigating - and it doesn't matter. It was a no-go for breeding I think but a good one for tasting - like the bagseed.

But it reinforces the 'run testers like testers' thing I am going to do. Half a pack or better on one strain instead of trying to do them all at once. There might be a pheno I missed, so I have not even eliminated them as something I want to run again or not, just gotten a taste of the possibilities.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Heisen-beans are all running hot straight and normal. Probably doing one CHristmas tree on the contesters, and topping everything else.
The Lemon Tree is another one that I want to keep on hand and I don't care if there's extra, so if this looks like a good one I may look for 'mom' advise. I want to re-stock a little smoke now, but I think if I just clone the top when I get there I can flower either one and mom the other.IMG_3370.JPG
And the Headbanger Z showed me pistils. This tent is now set, but she gets a 3 gallon next watering. Fuck me for not doing what I originally said and up-potting them all regardless. 🤦‍♂️ Everything fluffed up nice though, and I didn't soak them in. They each got about a pint right around the edge of the rootball, because I want to feed them soon. I just don't like tossing dry top-feed in with freshly exposed roots. At least the H-Zee doesn't need pruning like the rest.
IMG_3355.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The freak house
IMG_3364.JPG
The Homecoming Queen can't make up it's mind. Not drinking and showing all signs of being done except for the lack of ambers popping.
IMG_3357.JPGIMG_3358 (2).JPG
And the Paradise Diesel are wild. The monster is going to have a good harvest just from the new stuff. That yellow leaf poking out is testament to the doneness of the old-growth. IMG_3365.JPG
But every new little top is getting some respectable plumpness.
IMG_3368.JPGIMG_3367.JPG
And the Angel Heart foxtail madness is going to be a fixture in the corner for quite a while...
IMG_3369.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is interesting. The flower-clone-clones under 65w are doing better than the one in the veg room. You can just see the edge of it here, but it is a hot mess right at the stem. I picked out some stuff by hand, but not much success. All the Heisen gear is killing it. IMG_3383.JPG
Moving it back to the little tent to see if that helps, and taking the back right one here and up-potting it.
IMG_3382.JPG
The Zkittles is thriving, and getting a little plump. Continuing to surprise. I think the thing I would need to know before gettting into autos is if pruning the lower junk will make the tops fatter like on regular plants or just kill your yield.
IMG_3386.JPG
The Zerelda are the back two on the left, and are the fastest to pump out flowers in the bunch. Grapefruit are the two center back, and the front three and the middle right are the loners.
IMG_3387.JPG
These are the front three, which means that the one by the fan is the S-ZeeIMG_3389.JPG
Funhouse
IMG_3390.JPG
And I am definitely going to rig something to get a whole-plant weight on this one LOL
IMG_3391.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The mom is about done, and this one is starting to pop. I bent the three main sprouts over, but there are a few others that look like they are trying. I think that 4/20 will be both a bean drop and a flip. And I'll probably move two more HQ into pre-flip mode. The runt of the 4 I will try and keep longer the rest will give me enough to have plenty of smoke, and also play around with decarbing. hash, etc.
IMG_3399.JPGIMG_3400.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
two went right in the trash, but I saved the pole-clamps. Might be able to rig that to better fans. All of these work, and will get a clean and lube around the oscillating contraption to hopefully prolong what life they have.
IMG_3401.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Only 'issue' in here with any of the testers is that some have a runty limb... The Grapefruit were really trying hard on the sprouts, so I didn't prune as many to see if any wanted to stretch for the light. They were spready with wires for a few days to open it up, but then I untied them last watering.
IMG_3404.JPG
They all lost the first set of shoots on each limb, some lost a few more that had nothing going on.
Now that they have good tops on all I will do the last (probably) shoot pruning and get stakes in them. I like messing with the stakes and wires when they are still green and bendy, and touching the flowers doesn't matter so much.
IMG_3407.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More pics in a bit. Checking the ripeness on one of the PD that was showing a lot of brown on the new growth - Good news bad news. It's way done
IMG_3417 (2).JPG
But that top also had this IMG_3417 (3).JPG
I'm not plucking. I looked all over the buds and couldn't find these nanners without referring to the picture - so they all gone... I have plenty of room now for flipping the Heisen gear as it gets ready.
IMG_3417.JPG
Not even bothing checking the other pics.