The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nothing really changed but location. The next drop will squeeze into half of this. Only 18/6 space for now.
IMG_3073.JPG
and these are flipped IMG_3071.JPG

The Mimms triploid was a boy, so since everything is flipped I rearranged and the Zee and G-Zee are in here. Gorilla has some fat leaves.
IMG_3063.JPG
Next to go in here should be the HQ clone, but she's not showing early finishing like the mom. Flipped 2-8 and no browns yet
IMG_3065.JPG
And the bagseeds look frosty and nice structure. IMG_3070.JPG
And the PD are showing good brown pistils now, so in 2-3 weeks they should be close enough to not be trash.
IMG_3054.JPG
The wierdo has full 5-toed leaves up top
IMG_3060.JPG
And as far as timeframe, I can probably fit two little plants in for every one culled, so I might not have to trash much. IMG_3058.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For what it's worth, the Croquembouche has the same effect as the Homecoming Queen. keep some of this around for a buzz-topper. A little dry mouth compared to the HQ, but that ain't really a downside to me. If he releases any of the Baguettes crosses snag that shit!

I have the HQ clones to play with for a while now, but no more beans. I think I'll save the rest of my CQ to look for the next one after all the HQ is gone. I think I'll go into that drop planning to look for a mom. A year from now... :ROFLMAO:

Cabl3t3ch

View attachment 84542
Two tubs of once-used soil from when I first started the organic. Been in a spare bedroom with the central air shut off (hotter summer colder winter) but still inside temps since last summer when I dumped all the salt-soil in the garden and started recycling. Opened it up and no gnats flew out, nothing crawling, some moisture on the lid but not much, so It is ready to be put back into service.

I don't do anything special to 'charge' the soil. It probably has leftover dry nutes in it, but I would rather it be more of a neutral vehicle like coco, then add what is needed. My current soil has been through several grows with nothing but a little perlite added recently to the stuff I just sifted. The one 'iffy' plant in the PD tent got me going on this. I don't want the soil to become a problem from constant re-use but I am building some good microbial shit in there. It'll go into storage, or maybe get used 50/50 with this stuff.

I am thinking about mixing both up then get it back in the tubs and pick one to slurry a little just to check the pH.
Ever think about running a dehumidifier in the room with the soil, lid off for a few days before putting it into long term storage? Thinking of that moisture being trapped in a dark closed space

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ever think about running a dehumidifier in the room with the soil, lid off for a few days before putting it into long term storage? Thinking of that moisture being trapped in a dark closed space
Thanks for the input! I let it get to about the moisture content you get from a bag of storebought soil before I put it back in tubs. It stays in a spare bedroom though so the temps don't fluctuate a lot. I want it to ferment some to break down any roots and junk I open it every harvest to add more used dirt (at least monthly) and give it a good stirring. And the tub to be used next is a little dryer

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Another thing I am doing is adding chunky perlite to the old soil before I put it back in service. I don't put it in beforehand because it'll just sit there and soak up moisture and probably lose efficacy.

Before I put it in service I take a huge tarp, dump a tub of soil and spread it out. You can mix it just by lifting edges of the tarp and rolling the pile back and forth. I'll put some in a cup and do a slurry test for pH. If it's way off then i'll add lime or sulfur (soil acidifier) to adjust it, then it goes back in storage. Try again later. If it's anywhere in the 6's for pH that's good enough for me.

Spread it back out and add perlite evenly over the top. Having the new perlite makes it easy to see when it's mixed well.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Another thing I am considering is that I am growing organic. I am building a little ecosphere of microbial stuff. I want there to be some moisture so it doesn't all die in storage, and I think that anything that does grow in it will be beneficial, and all get mixed back in when I prep it. There's usually a mist of moisture on the lid when I open it, but no drips, and no wet spots in the bottom.

Cabl3t3ch

Another thing I am considering is that I am growing organic. I am building a little ecosphere of microbial stuff. I want there to be some moisture so it doesn't all die in storage, and I think that anything that does grow in it will be beneficial, and all get mixed back in when I prep it. There's usually a mist of moisture on the lid when I open it, but no drips, and no wet spots in the bottom.
I thought about re using soil but was afraid of not getting all the bits of roots out and having a fusarium outbreak.
Let me know how it goes I may try revisiting that idea.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I thought about re using soil but was afraid of not getting all the bits of roots out and having a fusarium outbreak.
Let me know how it goes I may try revisiting that idea.
I have been doing this for almost a year now and no bad juju. That's why the two sets of soil. The one gallon I just culled will get sifted, and all the roots removed. The dirt was only used for a month-ish and the roots are still thin enough to sift out the dirt easy.

Harvested my second HC x GSC today, and that dirt will get sifted as well, but will have a lot of broken up roots in the mix that might need to decompose. That goes in the other tub.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I have been doing this for almost a year now and no bad juju. That's why the two sets of soil. The one gallon I just culled will get sifted, and all the roots removed. The dirt was only used for a month-ish and the roots are still thin enough to sift out the dirt easy.

Harvested my second HC x GSC today, and that dirt will get sifted as well, but will have a lot of broken up roots in the mix that might need to decompose. That goes in the other tub.
Get some malted barley, add it as a tea or top dress, the enzymes break dead root matter down, plant love it, it's diy hydrozome/canazyme

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Get some malted barley, add it as a tea or top dress, the enzymes break dead root matter down, plant love it, it's diy hydrozome/canazyme
Added it to the "wish list" ;)

Neat trick - if you have stuff you want to get but don't need now, put it on a list or in your cart. Watch the price start dropping as you don't buy it LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last drop for a bit for me. I need to let tents clear out. I'll have to either drop or chop something on 4/20, but if it's a drop it'll just be a fem or two. I owe Hillbilly Bob a Northern Lights grow :)
IMG_3083.JPG
2 AC × Adub (contest), GMO Cake , SD X AC , GG X DD, Lemon Tree S1
The Zkittles has been in there for a day now and seems fine. It's veg-spectrum lighting, but it's 18hrs of it instead of just 12.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Water-n-cull day. The testers are just starting to show. Lost one Gorilla Zee to obvious testosterone excess...
IMG_3118.JPG
Lost two of the three bag-seeds. Saw one nut just forming on the big one, the little one is just too shrubby for me to chance it so it's gone too. You get what you pay for LOL
IMG_3124.JPG
But on the up-side they both have a lot of brown pistils. and fully formed trich heads. And the smell is amazing. It's like watermallon jolly rancher. I'll give up that it was one of the Sangria Cookies that I got the beans from which is why I was excited to grow them and see if any other beans I found could be fire - they still might be but I'll run the original from now on. There were male and female so something got to her - not sure what. Smoke is still amazing.
IMG_3122.JPG
Anyway, since I may have to cull some PD early but with brown pistils I am tossing these in the freezer, do a quick wash or two, and give it a test run. Might show me a minimum limit for harvesting, or at least set a point at which I know it ain't worth saving.
I am also watching the last bag-seed like a hawk, but since it's a 4-top it's easy to check it thoroughly.
The other stretchy testers that I put in here are still here. Once I cull a few more males I'll have room to jam everything in here on shelves.
Once the closet is cleared out it's not going back to 12/12. That's where the PD culling may come into play.
IMG_3125.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
💡
I just figured it out. I am gonna start pulling some PD out to keep and put them in the mix tent, There's room for the three large-pot ones.

Then all the testers go to the PD tent where they'll stay anyway!

And I have two separate 135's in there instead of a 260, so I can have two different heights!

:cool: