The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The mini cone was actually fine,. Once it's lit it won't go out on you. Hot coal burn, harsher than a bowl, not worth the effort. Snip it into a bowl and call it good.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Bagseeds are flowering pretty quick.
IMG_2843.JPG
The HQ clone is nice. Doesn't take much room, but those stems are pretty dense with the flower sites.
IMG_2845.JPG
The Angel Heart takes the room the HQ doesn't...
IMG_2847.JPG
The HC x GSC is kind of sticky
IMG_2854.JPGIMG_2852.JPG
Her sister is coming down sometime today.
IMG_2861.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I usually have the lights going out at 6am. I debated dropping everything an hour to keep my schedule the same, but I can dig having an extra hour to mess with stuff in the morning at the expense of having to wait an extra hour at night.
The PD are just a hot mess. Maybe the strain should have been trainwreck? 🤪
IMG_2867.JPG
The babies are getting along fine, 2 of the Zee, 2 Gorilla Zee and the Mimms Kush are killing it I figured having three of everything it would grow slower. More solar panels I guess?
IMG_2863.JPG
The shoots look normal though, so it shouldn't be that crowded.
IMG_2865.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The HQ clone-clones are situated for now. The last one I'll leave in the cup for a while to see if that makes it start popping shoots sooner.
IMG_2862.JPG
Plenty of room in here for my Heisenbeans Contest-ers :p. They are supposed to be Animal Cookies × Adub, but there's one pack being sent out that is crossed with MAC. Should be interesting! Still debating on what I can drop besides two of those. I have a few H'beans tester fems I haven't tried yet (Sundae Driver X Animal Cookies and Gorilla Glue X DosiDos), and I also have the GMO Cake. Might squeeze a Lemon Tree in there as well (get it? LOL)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These got their first food last night, one tsp of Jump Start scratched in and watered. Snipped some seed-leaves and their shoots on a few, next watering should be the rest. Having the Mimms that I will probably not top got me thinking about topping on the rest. I kind of need these to go slow to let the Paradise Diesel un-fuck themselves, but I also want to flip and cull. Saint Patty's day is 3 weeks from getting wet and about the earliest I would flip. The Mimms Kush may get flipped on her own. The auto-Zkittles is staying on 18/6 which means the seedling tent while I flip these... Hot mess.
IMG_2891.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hadn't messed with this since it was cured a few weeks ago, so I rolled it out to check. I put some of the 4GxWLD in the little tray that is still curing and really green for comparison. The Muffin has an almost blue tint to it compared to the deep purple/brown on the BBF. The pic doesn't do it justice - I need to work on that LOL.

I haven't really done a smoke report on either, but I know @J.James had the BBF for sale for a while. If anyone has some in the bank and wants the skinny lemme know. I know I sat on mine for over a year worried about them being super tall (not) then theyjust got shuffled back with new stuff.
I would put both in the afternoon smoke category. The BBF is a blue jolly rancher, sweet, but a sharp sour note too. The MinMuff is straight up blueberry muffins. Heavy on the blueberry. Both taste smooth and very similar to the smell.

As a side note, both were frosty as hell in flower, neither is very kiefy. Sticky enough that is stays with the grind. I don't press buds but I imagine these would be amazing for terps, and resin filled.
IMG_2906.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am going to have to up-pot the PD if I am going to keep them. They are still in 2-gallons, and a few are showing signs of it being too small.
IMG_2912.JPG
I was counting on them being done about the same time as the HCxGSC...
IMG_2908.JPG
I was planning on the testers filling that tent...
IMG_2910.JPG
instead I have three distinct versions of fucked up plants :ROFLMAO: IMG_2911.JPG
I have picked 5 of 9 to up-pot. An assortment of tops and sizes. I'm not culling the other 4, just keeping them wet until I need room then they hang and we'll see what we get. looks like the flower cycle is about a week or two in though - thick white pistils popping on some of the new growth. I may just keep what I can fit in the other tent.
IMG_2912 - Copy.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In the middle of repotting and needed a recharge. grabbed a VSL early tester mini cone and the first smell when I opened the tube was vanilla.

Back to work LOL Didn't want to forget :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Guitar stool work station. The five I am not as excited about lost all the fan leaves and will stay in two gallons until they are eventually culled - which is hopefully closer to a harvest. I think airflow will be more important at this point, and the new growth has plenty of new veg.
IMG_2919.JPG
The secondary fan leaves show the distinctive PD trait of having the super long fan leaf stems. I left all those on for now. IMG_2924.JPG
The three in the back have the runt with all her leaves, and two pruned up. The runt was fine in the 2-gallon for now.
The three I took pics of above got full-size 3-gallon pots. There is very little volume difference between these tall 2-gallon and the trade three gallon. The three up front are all pruned as well.IMG_2926.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Kind of cool how the two almost identical plants ripen at such different rates.
Hippie Girl Scout.jpg
Getting some nice color, both in the fans and the buds. In the first pic the lack of flash glare (compared to the plant next to it) is about right with the amount of milk there is. But still little to no amber.
IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2939.JPG
Two of several different pics at the same time just to see if any are clear. On this one the whole rest of the pic was blurry
IMG_2938.JPG
And some up-skirts
IMG_2932.JPGIMG_2933.JPG
The smell is very mild, I think because it's almost done. I did a stem rub out of curiosity and it took me a minute.

Back when I was a kid, mom kept a little "shut the fuck up" pouch in her purse. Candy, gum, that kind of stuff. It smells like a combination of wrigleys spearmint and juicyfruit gum. :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I found a washer tray that fits the closet just barely. Now I get to use that shelf elsewhere eventually, but the add-on pole that has the fan mounted on it is very convenient. and there are no tent-poles in the closet. Since it's just veg/flip now and I'll be doing less plants I might find a different oscillating fan and save this as a spare for the tent. I'll end up rigging something because it's just a little too high to get to check on the back ones easily. And setting on top of the two shelves it has to be that height.
IMG_2942.JPG
I just realized that after the Hippie Girl Scout chops thhis will all be stuff I made. Clones and bag-seeds/unknown volunteer
IMG_2943.JPG
I guess I'll call the volunteer Tennessee until I get some idea of which strain it is. It is slow, so that may start ruling a few out. Hardly any pistils yet compared to my awesome hermie-bean collection! :ROFLMAO: They have a very distinct look with the kinky pistils and the long, tongue-like bud petals popping. Already frosty as hell on the fan leaves, so they definitely came from good stock, and were worth saving. Gonna start the nut-watch for the next few weeks just to be safe.
IMG_2945.JPGIMG_2946.JPGIMG_2947.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I haven't noticed any benefit to leaving that clone in the cup.
IMG_2954.JPG
The others are moving along, the first one is showing good re-veg.
IMG_2955.JPG
Roots look good-n-fuzzy.
IMG_2956.JPG
So the low light experiment begins. Just 65w 18/6, tiny fans to move a little air, and a 4" in-line vent fan as an exhaust - on low. I just want to keep them healthy and happy to eventually grow out. Once they get going with some sprouts I think it would be cool to just flip one per month. Just advance one to the veg room with each batch of seedlings. I know that with the good even stretch on all the sprouts, they will be good in a manifold with lots of tops.
IMG_2959.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_2953.JPG
In honor of St Patty's day I flipped my shamrock - the triploid Mimms Kush. I'll get a pic tonight, but she has real good shoots already so topping was already an option. Since I'm not topping I said screw it. I'm growing at least her out as a Christmas Tree in preparation for the Adub contest. As far as these being testers though, i may just say screw it and let them all go. Two of the Zee and two Gorilla Zee are ready for topping as well. If I decide against topping I may just flip them in two batches. Screw the system. Only the girls will get bigger pots, so I have room in the other tent for a small batch before I flip the closet. Probably right when I chop the HCxGSC.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My sniffer must be working well this morning. Any dankness/death smell there was to the VSL is gone. 2 weeks into curing and it smells like Cap'n Crunch cereal.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mimms Kush just because I said I would... I can't wait to see it stretch.
IMG_2960.JPG
Normal shoots, just three per node. Topped it would just be a 3 or 6 top and you wouldn't see the mutation.
Instead of X-men its X-mimms LOL
IMG_2961.JPG
I have room in here if I wanted to get some flipped and culled/up-potted, but I think waiting on the PD I may need to top all the testers just to keep them shorter longer. A week or two may make a difference in some of the PD getting close to done when I cull them anyway. I think the next pruning is going to be to get all the sxcess crap off the top of those 5. Let all the energy go to the existing buds.
IMG_2962.JPG
Downsized the shelving, and this set is lower than I wanted but it'll do. When you are lifting plants from the back, a little low is better.
IMG_2968.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm in on that Adub competition, so Heisenbeans will be dropping on the 24th. It's a best top contest so plant count doesn't matter - which works good for me. Since my job is trying to smoke everything I grow, variety is better. :cool:

I think the lineup is set. I have room for one propogator in the seed tent, which fits 6 colo cups comfortably. I have 3 Heisen fems that I haven't smoked yet, and the Lemon Tree is going quick so there'll be another of them. Keeping with the 6-pack theory that will be one of each and two contest beans.

I am stoned and probably already said all that - or it was in a message to someone - or whatever. The reason I bring it up (again?) is that the Lemon Tree is a great salad smoke. I had been keeping it to the bowl, and in small increments. The flavor on the second hit is never as good as the first.

But in a cone with other strains, that lemon adds a noticable citrus bite that you can pick up for most of the smoke. The epiphany came when I mixed the Sangria Cookies and the Lemon Tree, Very nice :)