The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So that's another avenue I have for hunting the cheese. And another of the tester things. There's fire there, but the cross will probably never see the market because of the larfy side of the possibilities. Just not something to put his name on and sell.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Croquembouche F1
Not a great pic but this was the whole plant, with the weight making those lowers droop.
IMG_1958.JPG
Wedding Cake (Heisenbeans) x Baguettes (Aficionado)
IMG_1959.JPG
You can see those nice pingpong ball size nugs all the way down, and they only shrunk to about quarter size.
IMG_1960.JPGIMG_1962.JPG
I already decarbed the tinier stuff to try in edibles. Here's what's left.
IMG_2676.JPGIMG_2676 (2).JPG
This has a very sharp kush smell, with combination of pine and skunk in the jar. Very dense. I busted up a bigger top and a few lowers and the indivitual little clusters on the tops snapped off clean at the stem.
IMG_2678.JPG
That little bit (Maybe an 8th?) ground up to this and fluffed up nice. Ground it has a much sweeter smell than the whole nugs. Not a particular 'sweet' smell, but it tones down the pine.
IMG_2679.JPG
In a bowl think of giving someone bad news. The first thing you should ask is "Are you sitting down?" :ROFLMAO:
Every green hit is like you laced it with extra kief and get that full-body hash-tingle Very pine on the exhale.
I have a dozen or so beans left in the pack. I will be keeping a jar of this on hand and adjusting my drops and cloning as necessary :)
But I think it's gonna last longer than it looks. Packing a cone is a waste of time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner project 3 today was soil. Thinking about the enzymes and composting and such I sifted through the just harvested/culled plant soil and got the long roots out. I chopped them up and tossed them back in the tub of dirt. But I also saved the veg after I dry-sifted and tossed that in.

I have three large totes of soil that have been sitting for a few months that I doctored up with perlite and a little limeto adjust the pH. I just re-checked it after a week and the pH is still in the 6.something range and is now in service for re-pots.

For consistency I still use new soil (FFOF, FFHF, ROGF, whatever is cheap) and Black Gold seed starter mix to fill my seedling cups. After that it is re-cycled.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Over the past few days I have been opening vents, then removing the lid, then adding an indirect fan wit the walls of the propagator still there for a windscreen. They made it through the night with wind, no dome and no issues.
IMG_2684.JPG
They each got a good bit (a quart fed the lot) of 0ppm RO with freeze-dried coconut water added. and now they can spread out.
IMG_2687.JPG
The little p.o.s. USB desk fan is perfect. The low speed puts out very little air but it moves the plants. I have two propped up but the rest are on their own, but not ready for real wind yet.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mix tent got water, probably the last for the three January flips. The clones are looking good. Homecoming Queen is as pretty as the mom was, and the Angel Heart is stretching but I think I have it controlled this time. She's on about a foot-tall stand now.
IMG_2697.JPG
The volunteer bean still hasn't shown. Culled two of the bagseeds, probably keeping all three of these since the tents are clearing out. and all three are different.
IMG_2690.JPG
The one on the left is a shrub. mucho veg going on. Nice even sprouts at all nodes - the champ of the three. IMG_2692.JPG
The little runt is just like the other one, but mini.
IMG_2693.JPG
But this one is growing different. Long node spacing and kind of haphazard shoots. It is either a different pheno or next to go. Giving them a few days to make sure on the girl thing then up-potting the keepers.
IMG_2694.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Decided to take the beaner out. The 4G x WLD gets no fanfare for possible future sales, but it was a nice plant. I just ran it through the bowl-trimmer to see about the beans. It'll knock loose-ripe ones out if you don't plan on growing them. They might get nicked by the blade. Ayway, there were none but green immature (but large) beans in the 8-10 range, not infested. And the smell is very nice. almost a minty dankness.
IMG_2709.JPG
That was the last tall plant, the two HC x GSC will go in the next few days. Both look amazing, and the tent is gonna have mainly them for smells for the next few days. Bag-seeds got 2-gallon shoes, and when I chop those two, I think I'll be glad I kept what I did.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had family visiting a few weekends ago. Three year old grandkid loves to help grandpa water the flowers. I don't like blaming kids for things but the timing is right. One hours worth of pins on the timer were pushed in, directly opposite the 12 off hours. 2 pins is about toddler finger size. I have to use a screwdriver if I want to push in less than three or four :)

They went from 12/12 until brown pistils started showing, then at some point 6/1/5/12 until I saw the re-veg on a tent full of plants LOL Maybe a week or two?
IMG_2716.JPG
I think @Punisher84 called it several days ago when the first one showed and I blew it off 🤦‍♂️
IMG_2715.JPG
I am going to let a few go and see what happens - the rest I'll trim off any of the new stems. On most it's just the very top, but this one will be crazy looking.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In other news I up-potted the seedlings. If I have to use individual clear cups for domes instead of a propagator, I don't care. This is the best way I have found to get the babies past the iffy stage. You can see the moisture level and the root development at a glance. Having it set in a dark cup keeps light off the roots. And repotting you can open up half to loosen it from the roots, then flip it over and do the same.
IMG_2712.JPG
I had a few that are struggling. Either slow, or wierd leaves that may dead end. They are under the gentleer light and wind in here. I was going to have to put a few in here anyway. Next project is a temporary floor for the top of the shelves so I can use the whole closet again.
IMG_2713.JPG
The rest are all doing well, and the Mimms is putting out another triploid node. IMG_2719.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I had family visiting a few weekends ago. Three year old grandkid loves to help grandpa water the flowers. I don't like blaming kids for things but the timing is right. One hours worth of pins on the timer were pushed in, directly opposite the 12 off hours. 2 pins is about toddler finger size. I have to use a screwdriver if I want to push in less than three or four :)

They went from 12/12 until brown pistils started showing, then at some point 6/1/5/12 until I saw the re-veg on a tent full of plants LOL Maybe a week or two?
View attachment 85427
I think @Punisher84 called it several days ago when the first one showed and I blew it off 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 85426
I am going to let a few go and see what happens - the rest I'll trim off any of the new stems. On most it's just the very top, but this one will be crazy looking.
The time with your grandkid is worth it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got the Vietnamese Silver Leaf jarred up today. If you are growing this go for a flat canopy with many tops rather than 4-tops like I do. There was a distinct difference between the flowers getting full light and those at the base. This is un-scientific, based on visual evidence from one grow. But the tops are fine, the lowers get drastically thinner on the way down.

Because of the larf which I now count as 'experimental' and not part of the harvest (stuff that should have been pruned) I twisted a few fatties of it and have some leftover ground up for the bowl.

It has an amazing smell, like a combination of sweet buttered popcorn - and death.
There is an undertone of sweet/nasty/dank that is pretty putrid - and awesome if that makes sense?

SO smoke reports will follow as appropriate. I'm gonna get high on it between now and then as well. But this was just based on plant structure. If you are a SCROG person hit this.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And the rest
Vin Santo (Vin Diesel x Monsanto? :ROFLMAO:)
V IMG_2744.JPG
Grapefruit with the Zkittles auto to the side
IMG_2745.JPG
The lone Gods Gift gave me issues - real weak at the stem-root transition. I had to prop it up, then mound soil around the stem.
IMG_2747.JPG
But the star is the Mimms Kush I am counting this as an oddity - not a tester. Only one popped and I doubt this is representative of the strain :cool:
IMG_2742.JPG