The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Might not be a good idea to put those cuttings back under 12/12, especially with them coming from a flowering plant. You want to get them going back into veg asap.
I have been chewing on that since last night and this will probably be more thinking out loud...

I have two plants that are damn close to harvest, and they'll go dark very soon if not tonight. That fixes the room situation and the badseeds can go in the big tent until they show sex. I might end up having room to keep three.

Either way, in a few hours they'll get to 18/6. Other options I was considering is to seal up the seedling tent pretty tight to get the rH up, then ditch that propogator.

I could also just stick them in the empty spaces in the propogator, but I am in the process of opening it up for the seedlings to get them hardened off. Opposite of what I want for the clones.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
HCxRS 1 - Close but no cigar
HCxRS.JPG
Early Skunk? Fuck it - close enough. For a plant to be called "Early" 11 weeks of 12/12 is all you get. I need the room LOL
ES.JPGES2.JPGES3.JPG
And the best part is the Angel Hears is also close enough. I have the clone going and this monstrosity can leave the room! And it's a bowl-trim job for the most part, so I'll have to see what's there and how I hang it or if I just bowltrim it wet and put it in the mesh baskets.
AH.JPG
The VSL should be this week.
VSL.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Both the AH and ES were really light, as was the rest in the tent, so I soaked them good and put them in the dark for at least the night to re-hydrate while I water everything else. Then start from stratch figuring out what needs to be on a shelf then adjusting the lights, then getting the bagseeds moved in.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For what it's worth I went with the original idea for now. I just cut a notch out of the top (now bottom) of each cup so some air could get in. Stuck the mini heat-mat under the tent :cool: I did this first thing - which is why plants ended up ready so it was a big fat waste of time LOL IMG_2613.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Aaaaaand, the deed is done.
The current lineup is
9 PD
IMG_2587.JPG
The conglomerate. Can't see it but I stuck the two clones in my new 3 gallon pots that are 3 gallons. The Angel heart looks like it'll need the extra room, and I just don't want anything hindring the Homecoming Queen during the final stretch.
IMG_2615.JPG
Stuck the beans and HQ clones in here for now, because I'm done tonight. But I can fuck with these until tomorrow at noon. I'm thinking about unplugging one light in the seed tent, and putting the clones back in there, under the gentler light. This is a 260W, but dialed back.
IMG_2616.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the one week look. Mixed results as far as growth rate. The tiny ones are the worst of the helmet-heads, but all look to be surviving so far.
IMG_2620.JPG
I switched to little square pots just for space, but I am going back to the double solo-cup method from now on. Solid dark cup on the outside, Clear cup split in half set into it. Little notch at the base of the split for extra drainage, and to make the split easier to fold open when transplanting. I like being able to check the moisture level and roots at a glance. IMG_2623.JPGIMG_2624.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Angel heart is bulky. 434g from the corner plant. The smell is a sweet/sour/fermented thing. Just plucked the fan leaves and lower bud leaves with big stems. Either bowl reimmer or scissors later, or both. The trays are the Early Skunk.
IMG_2628.JPG
That little short chubby plant weighed in at 300g whole with no fan leaves (it fit nicely in that little silver bowl)
I snipped every nug off the stems, and it weighed ~250g. IMG_2625.JPG
Ran it through the bowl trimmer
IMG_2626.JPG
Except for the 4 tops it looks like Brussels Sprouts.
IMG_2629.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I went ahead and mixed the trim from both, since neither was very frosty. Even after the bowl-trimmer on the skunk there's not much there. Buds were frosty as hell though, the Angel Heart to the point that untying the branches had my fingers sticky like I was playing with pine tar.

Both are from Mr. Nice, reputable breeder, so I have high hopes for the buds still. But this takes me back to running the ILGM Dutch-fems. All were reliably potent (like you could send every plant to the lab and it would come out the same no matter what you fed them) but a short curve on the "wow, this is awesome" scale.

I'm hoping that's not the case, because both smell really fine. But the Early Skunk smells suspiciously like the ILGM Superskunk. The Angel Heart smells good enough I won't be klilling the clone even though I'll have three ounces from the corner shelf plant.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The Angel heart is bulky. 434g from the corner plant. The smell is a sweet/sour/fermented thing. Just plucked the fan leaves and lower bud leaves with big stems. Either bowl reimmer or scissors later, or both. The trays are the Early Skunk.
View attachment 84987
That little short chubby plant weighed in at 300g whole with no fan leaves (it fit nicely in that little silver bowl)
I snipped every nug off the stems, and it weighed ~250g. View attachment 84985
Ran it through the bowl trimmer
View attachment 84986
Except for the 4 tops it looks like Brussels Sprouts.
View attachment 84988
Looks like broccoli to me. 😀

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The VSL was 317g wet so the three plant total should be around 7.5 oz. That's using the 20% mark so it'll probably be half a pound. I think that the longer flowering plants al seemed to bulk out fine. VSL's hanging on the right. Out of curiosity I took some of the lowers from the Angel Heart, and the lowers from the two tall cola on the VSL (they all match now) and run some of each through the bowl trimmer.
I also plan to run a few nugs from each through it after it's dry, then hand trimmed just to compare the three. IMG_2639.JPG
IMG_2637.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Crazy stuff. Had three plants, including one sold as "early" go into week 11. The three in the back I planted a month later are almost done as well.
IMG_2640.JPG
Hippie Crippler x Girl Scout Cookies both look like pure fire. The VSL and Angel Heart were dominating the tent smell-wise, so I haven't realy gotten anything from them.
IMG_2641.JPGIMG_2642.JPGIMG_2643.JPGIMG_2645.JPG
IMG_2647.JPGIMG_2648.JPGIMG_2649.JPG

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Crazy stuff. Had three plants, including one sold as "early" go into week 11. The three in the back I planted a month later are almost done as well.
View attachment 85090
Hippie Crippler x Girl Scout Cookies both look like pure fire. The VSL and Angel Heart were dominating the tent smell-wise, so I haven't realy gotten anything from them.
View attachment 85091View attachment 85092View attachment 85093View attachment 85094
View attachment 85095View attachment 85096View attachment 85097
Nice. I have 2 or 3 of the Gsc x hc going now. One is about 10” shorter than the others. Be interesting to see if it’s different throughout flower.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The other side of being a tester is that I have the 4G x WLD.
Also looks like fire. Much frost! IMG_2652.JPG
IMG_2653.JPG
Cool looking pac-man calyxes clusters
IMG_2654.JPG
But she also seems to have made a few beans. No other suspects in the tent, and no obvious pollenators on this plant. So the info goes to @J.James and I have most of a pack of beans left that now have a question mark, and he has a strain he may or may not work further - but based on one plant it ain't much info. That is what I am fixing inthe future. Better drops for testers. IMG_2655.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yesterday I noticed some crazy leaves going on with a few of the bigger Paradise Diesel - this morning it's on most of them.
IMG_2656.JPG
My forst thought was when Bugs Bunny spills the gumball machine of Martian seeds, then you see the tops of their hair popping up through the cracked ground
1614943991006.png
IMG_2657.JPGIMG_2660.JPGIMG_2661.JPG
Anyway, got a couple of shots right at lights out
IMG_2658.JPGIMG_2662.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Yesterday I noticed some crazy leaves going on with a few of the bigger Paradise Diesel - this morning it's on most of them.
View attachment 85102
My forst thought was when Bugs Bunny spills the gumball machine of Martian seeds, then you see the tops of their hair popping up through the cracked ground
View attachment 85108
View attachment 85103View attachment 85105View attachment 85106
Anyway, got a couple of shots right at lights out
View attachment 85104View attachment 85107
Could you please try to get the tops more symmetrical and even out the canopy a bit?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So far the clones are liking the set-up. only 65w, and pretty high up. mini-heat-mat and that's it. Staying right around 84F.
IMG_2665.JPGIMG_2666.JPG
All remaining seedlings have gotten over any issues even though some are straggling
IMG_2667.JPG
And the Mimms Kush x Zerelda triploid looks like it's gonna keep it going. Don't know if I'll shoot for a three-top or just let it go. IMG_2668.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Could you please try to get the tops more symmetrical and even out the canopy a bit?
Exactly why I don't scrog. The stakes have that rubber-wire holding each top in place.
But I can yank them out and inspect, prune, water, feed, hug - whatever. I don't think they've gone back in the same position after any watering. The shortest one is by the fan, and the tallest one away from it - that's about it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Damn. The thing I just noticed about the PD is that they all look to be on the same schedule, and based on the 3 getting done in the other tent that were planted at the same time I don't think I found that early finishing cheese pheno I wanted. As it has cured though, one of the Hippie Crippler x Rosetta Stone (the one that wasn't a larf-monster) has almost that same smell going on.
IMG_2673.JPG
It's not as sharp as the PD was, a little more sweet, but it smells like opening a bag of cheetos.