The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The math can get away from you, so I thin for my budder, oil, whatever I'll be using that 20mg/ml or 100mg/tsp conversion. You are still guessing on actual THC content, but it's close.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mix tent got water last night, but a few didn't get food. One of the HC x GSC is almost done and not drinking nearly as much, no nutes, less water. Same for the VSL and the Early skunk. The rest got food, and I never worry about 'flushing' since it's organic. I just avoid loading the soil I am gettting ready to recycle with nutes the plant won't use.
IMG_2522.JPG
IMG_2502.JPG
The Homecoming Queen clone has two tie-downs. One leaning the plant and one on a little bottom limb.
IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2521.JPG
The Angel Heart is straight up bondage. Both will get an up-pot next watering.
IMG_2520.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those big knobby evenly spaced foxtails on the AH corner plant look wild. Reminding me a lot of the Royal Mystery I grew. It's GONNA have white hairs when it's done, so I just have to watch it close.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Kind of interesting. The stuff I cut off the bottoms was so dense that there was very little oil in it. There was 60ml of coco oil solids left uninfused, so I mixed it with the bottom pucks and heated it all in the microwave a little at a time until just melted, then I mixed it up and strained it.
IMG_2527.JPG
Just a generic very-fine kitchen strainer got 95% of the kief, letting the remainder settle then pouring it into the Nova slowly got most of the rest. No heat there or anything, just a silicone mat to keep it from slipping. The strainer is just propped between knobs on the stove.

I have no clue what the infusion level of that is with the new oil and the 'washed' kief, but I got exactly 60ml back out of it without pressing on that puck o anything. I am going to super-charge is with some of that LBF cross I did that is high CBD as well. I'll keep track of how much I am adding and try and guess what the leftovers had. I'm guessing it wasn't much, except whatever leftover oil was in the pucks. I think the kief itself just added color.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First tester report.
I am going back to dropping beans at the new moon. This has been a bitch batch. The wet looking ones are the Gods Gift that needed excavation, 4 that haven't broken soil but have promise after checking. three were recent helmethead removals. I get it real wet becore messing with it to loosen that inner skin up.
IMG_2533.JPG
The Headbanger Zee should be called the helmethead Zee. All three refused to give up the shell, two made it through surgery... Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?
IMG_2543.JPG
There were several others that required assistance. One Gods Gift was sprouted, de-shelled, and growing in a circle with its roots in it's mouth under a light layer of soil. Got her uncurled and shoved dirt round the root - we'll see. IMG_2537.JPG
The only known dud was a Starfighter Zee -- two are good.

Last but not least, The only Mimms Kush above ground is special IMG_2534.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’d be watching the middle one in the back. There’s something about it.....
On the bagseeds? I like it too. The center one below it is the survivor bean that'll be a strain guessing game if it's girl.
The 5 bagseeds are from a fem plant, don't know if I'll get 5 girls or how that works, but if they are then I have two tall and three short - and that is the definite keeper of the shorties.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I drop testers, especially brand new off the vine, I count on a male a fmale and a dud by dropping three. If three pop oh well.
I had 6 not make it. Two of the Gods Gift did this. Like their gravity sensor was broke. Next time they get a paper towel and I wait for a longer tap-root. This one I had no clue about. the coty's were 'above' ground laying on the soil and it just looked runty.
IMG_2547.JPGIMG_2548.JPG
But I lost 6 out of 24, so keeping 3/4 overall is better than 2/3. Only have one Mimms left and it's the Tripod. And one Gods Gift that looks pretty normal. Good news is I know I can fit 16 plants in the closet in one gallons. If I have to take a few to flip i the seed-tent so be it.
IMG_2549.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The babies have been getting nothing but spray bottle since drop. Now that everything is above ground I will put ab out 50-100ml in each, just a sports bottle squirting around the edge. Calmag, silica & amino's, basically re-mineraled RO water. Almost no ppm, but ph'd and aerated.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Short story. I flipped the clones on the 8th. 3 weeks and the Homecoming Queen is rocking it. FAST flowering.
The mom is almost cured, and the bitches I flipped her with are still not ripe. That's is pretty handy since she's not a bulky plant.
IMG_2579.JPG
And I have never tried taking a flower clone from a flower clone - until today LOL.
IMG_2580.JPG
I snipped 4 shorties, stuck them in water - then wandered around the house finding shit to make it work with the limited room I have...
I came up with this using cups as domes, but I think a regular propagator and heat mat in the 12/12 closet would be better overall. I don't think that 12/12 while they are rooting and the bag-seeds are waiting on sex will hurt anything and I'll flip them back to 18-6 as soon as I can. The cup-rigs would have fit in the seed tent but I changed my mind while typing.
IMG_2581.JPG
I mainly came in here to check ripeness on a few of these - because if one was ready for harvest or moving into the dark, I could move the bagseeds to the main tent.
IMG_2578.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Done
IMG_2582.JPG
Little skinny-mini heat mat under the opposite side from the clones, and the water-channel on that side is full of the run-off. I'll keep that full for humidity's sake. IMG_2583.JPG
And @Old ST1R this is the bag-seed of interest. It was a stubborn leaner, then started with the alternating nodes instead of symmetrical very early. Like, there are no paired shoots on the upper two limbs. IMG_2557.JPG

Opie1

Master Grower
Short story. I flipped the clones on the 8th. 3 weeks and the Homecoming Queen is rocking it. FAST flowering.
The mom is almost cured, and the bitches I flipped her with are still not ripe. That's is pretty handy since she's not a bulky plant.
View attachment 84887
And I have never tried taking a flower clone from a flower clone - until today LOL.
View attachment 84888
I snipped 4 shorties, stuck them in water - then wandered around the house finding shit to make it work with the limited room I have...
I came up with this using cups as domes, but I think a regular propagator and heat mat in the 12/12 closet would be better overall. I don't think that 12/12 while they are rooting and the bag-seeds are waiting on sex will hurt anything and I'll flip them back to 18-6 as soon as I can. The cup-rigs would have fit in the seed tent but I changed my mind while typing.
View attachment 84889
I mainly came in here to check ripeness on a few of these - because if one was ready for harvest or moving into the dark, I could move the bagseeds to the main tent.
View attachment 84886
Might not be a good idea to put those cuttings back under 12/12, especially with them coming from a flowering plant. You want to get them going back into veg asap.