The James Gang

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
@J.James also gave me a few Auto Zkittles from Seedsman so I coult bust my auto 🍒, so I have one of those in the drink as well. :cool:
I tried my first outdoor autos last year and stunted them (probably during repotting). This year I'm going to start them in 5 gal fabric pots in May and then will put the pots in the ground as soon as the days are long enough here. I'm not a huge fan of autos so I will probably plant all the seeds I have (3 Bruce Banner fems and 4 Himalaya Blue Diesel regs). I'm thinking of planting a few of my accidental crosses outdoors this year too (Blue Velvet pollinated by a Kings Banner herm). I've been really curious to see what I will get from those, because I have a ton of seeds from that.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I tried my first outdoor autos last year and stunted them (probably during repotting). This year I'm going to start them in 5 gal fabric pots in May and then will put the pots in the ground as soon as the days are long enough here. I'm not a huge fan of autos so I will probably plant all the seeds I have (3 Bruce Banner fems and 4 Himalaya Blue Diesel regs). I'm thinking of planting a few of my accidental crosses outdoors this year too (Blue Velvet pollinated by a Kings Banner herm). I've been really curious to see what I will get from those, because I have a ton of seeds from that.
My thinking is that I don't grow for bulk anyway. If something has all the traits of the fem or reg, but has less of a return, no biggie - I plan to leave it in the veg room and let it do it's thing on 18/6 in perpetuity. It'll probably end up in a 3 gallon.

Dis39

Really Active Member
I'm an idiot.

I have been waiting on the PD to start turning to do the next drop. :rolleyes:
I was doing that because the current seedlings were in my mind as a drop - but I'm only keeping 2 or 3.

Sooooooo I'm getting beans wet today. Been rethinking the logistics since I have been running 18-regs to get 9 girls (I'll keep all girls I get) - but having the fudge factor of the PD tent clearing out before they get too big and the gap in the rotation from dropping the bagseeds I want to get every tester run and done. Gonna drop 3 each.

From @J.James CLG new release and testers:
Zerelda
Starfighter Zee
Headbanger Zee
Gorilla Zee
(all three pretty self explanatory)
and Mimms Kush which is RBS Kush and Zee.

From Hillbilly Bob also at CLG I have
Grapefruit
God's Gift

He also threw in some Northern Lights fems, but because of space and the fact they were labeled "Freebie" I'll have to wait :)
Lucky you, my package got shipped on the 11th, left Kansas on the 18th, and uh... Yea, JJ is resending me the individual seed pack thats delaying my next start while we wait to see if the rest shows. Those NL fems have me curious!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The stash-box of a tester. Right now I have 20 different jars/strains. I got a mix-pack of doob-tubes, with 8 different colors of tubes and caps. Lots of combinations that I am now starting to use as 'harvest' caps. The yellow caps are my @Heisenbeans tester weed, but everything else is mixed up. Of those 5, the Lemon Tree and the Wedding Cake x DosiDos were primo bowl weed with the right combo of flavor and face-punch. Lemon Tree made my list of "stuff not to run out of" with a few other recent chops.
But I also got a bundle of the larger tubes for bowl-weed - same cap and tube colors - and I have one tube for each strain. I have a bin of the tube/cap combos that are empty but "assigned" to a strain while I have it on hand. So when I grind a handfull I have that 'designated' tube out and some twins.
IMG_2457.JPG
So if I grind up a handfull of whatever, I'll have a few of the large tubes and caps to funnel it all into - then usually do several strains at a time. Then pack a few cones whatever is left is bowl-smoke. Sometimes if there's a nice combo I'll do a mixed salad cone with the leftovers.
IMG_2456.JPG
Those shorties up front are the Croquembouche 😋

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I also like to keep a tube of primo kief on hand as a bowl-topper. Whatever tha last best dry-sift was. Which is currently a 50/50 combo of 76m Croquembouche and 96m Homecoming Queen - Both of those are also on my "list" - but I gotta get more HQ beans from @J.James before I run out of the cloned flowers. That was a whole pack to get a girl - and worth every minute.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Game on. The little tent and the big propagator are a tight fit. No heat mat, no fans or anything, just the lights for the warmth. And they'll stay on until tomorrow at noon then go to regular 18/6. Easier to just click the timer to 'on' than digging out a heat mat and messing with plugs.
IMG_2465.JPG
The Auto Zkittles by Seedsman is in the back in a cup-rig. The bag-seeds are getting good stretch on the sprouts finally so I can start pruning them up and thinking about flipping.
IMG_2464.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Boredome rules all. I pruned 6 leaves on each plant. The the original fan leaves at the base of each limb, the the two center leaves on the lower two branches to get light in the middle. The inside leaves on the upper two limbs will be next to keep the center empty.
IMG_2466.JPG
And they are just an experiment, so they are getting flipped today so I can cull before the seeds need this room. I did have just enough space to shove the auto in the little tent. The 4 on the right are the keepers so far depending on sex. IMG_2467.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I'm done with the logistical nightmares with too many plants and flipping and such (says the dude that just dropped another 25 beans...) After the testers I have nothing that "needs" run other than me wanting to try it. So I think I'll be dialing it back to fewer plants per tent as these thin out.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_2469.JPG
Two tubs of once-used soil from when I first started the organic. Been in a spare bedroom with the central air shut off (hotter summer colder winter) but still inside temps since last summer when I dumped all the salt-soil in the garden and started recycling. Opened it up and no gnats flew out, nothing crawling, some moisture on the lid but not much, so It is ready to be put back into service.

I don't do anything special to 'charge' the soil. It probably has leftover dry nutes in it, but I would rather it be more of a neutral vehicle like coco, then add what is needed. My current soil has been through several grows with nothing but a little perlite added recently to the stuff I just sifted. The one 'iffy' plant in the PD tent got me going on this. I don't want the soil to become a problem from constant re-use but I am building some good microbial shit in there. It'll go into storage, or maybe get used 50/50 with this stuff.

I am thinking about mixing both up then get it back in the tubs and pick one to slurry a little just to check the pH.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the other reason I dug into the soil (lol) was that I will probably never have this many plants going again. almost all of my soil was in use.

What was left was a half tub of moister soil that had just been re-sifted and had perlite added. I mixed all three together the perlite content in each tub was different but mixed it looked fine.

I think I'll start from this point with a few new tubs to start saving the current plants soil and start letting it age. I have all the rootballs so far that I sifted the dirt out of, and I'm letting that dry. I'll crumble those up and mix it in with the new soil I start saving. I st don't like any type of 'green' veg in the mix to start rotting and screw with the pH too much.

I am getting an extra bag of perlite and will start doing this crap in small batches as the plants get harvested...

Last edited:

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Ya, just check your soil PH before use and you should be fine. Watch the next round of plants for any issues and adjust your soil accordingly. Don't overthink it or you will start dumping money into more products to "Build Soil" and that defeats the purpose of reuse lol

I use some recharge kits from buildasoil that are priced well. A nutrient kit and mineral kit. I use them to both reamend and build new soil

I use a lot of soil outside in planters and to build up my garden beds so I have a use for any extra soil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ya, just check your soil PH before use and you should be fine. Watch the next round of plants for any issues and adjust your soil accordingly. Don't overthink it or you will start dumping money into more products to "Build Soil" and that defeats the purpose of reuse lol

I use some recharge kits from buildasoil that are priced well. A nutrient kit and mineral kit. I use them to both reamend and build new soil

I use a lot of soil outside in planters and to build up my garden beds so I have a use for any extra soil.
Well, the FF dry nutes have all of that junk in it and the plants seem to be liking it - I don't want to add anything to the soil and screw that up. And I am sure there is some left in there both from male plants culled and full term plants harvested.

As far as the pH and tester plants - Bag-seeds baby! Perfect karma LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had a light bulb moment on the tents getting crowded. I planned on culling PD anyway if I got more than 9.
IMG_2474.JPG
And I had three clones going. The HQ clone is necessary, and I may take a clone from it before it's too late. But the VSL, I have a LARGE plant getting ready to harvest, and I don't even know if I like it - and I have more beans... The Angel Heart is more a pride thing, just wanting to see a few tops grow out normal instead of the stuff I have in the corner. But if I need room it goes.
IMG_2475 (2).JPG
Culled - 2 PD and a VSL clone.
IMG_2472.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nothing much with the plants today. I've wet the topsoil a few times on the beans as needed. A few are already above soil. I use mostly dry soil, then wet it around the bean in that seed starter pocket of soil. It retains water OK, but is real apparent when it has lost it. so 2-3 squirts of pH'd water that I'll dump back out of the bottle and aerate between uses.

What I am doing is coconut oil. IF my keif is 400mg (40%) THC per gram then my infusion of 18g of decarbed kief into 360ml of oil should render about 100mg of THC per tsp/5ml. When I sorted out the universal/metric bullshit, a tsp is 5ml, a 1ml dose of 20mg seems a good place to start, and the math went from there. I'm pretty sure that my kief is pushing the upper range of THC content on at least a few plants which would be 55%-60%.
IMG_2485.JPG
The Nova has the little purple silicone infusion sleeves, but they only hold about 250ml to the rim, 200ml to be safe. So I have two going, and since it's keif I set the timer and stir it up every 15 minutes just to make sure it's not caked on the bottom. It mostly disolves. But all the little trich skeletons sink. On budder they make a nice toasty looking layer on the bottom but maybe not so nice for the coconut oil.

Since the coconut oil is solid at room temp, I think letting cool naturally overnight should give most of the junk time to settle. Regardless, I will give it one more good stir after the thing shuts off. Just leave it in the sleeve to harden, then throw it in the fridge tomorrow to toughen it up. Might be able to slice the uglies off the bottom and set it aside for where looks don't matter.