The James Gang

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Here's the rig. I started out worrying about the seals on the tubing where it goes through the lids. I have a spare unopened tube of RTV now for example. Then I remembered I'm pumping air through them. :unsure:

So I found the drill bit that made it the hardest to squeeze the tubing through and called it good. I have the Hydra Hobbit in a couple of jars, but that is larf and everything. When the other three are ready for jars I'll consolidate it into one jar. I just have it on a timer to come on for a half hour every 6.
Is this for curing?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And it's 'bout fixin' ta have 4 full jars - maybe a week :)

I have some leaf change and ambers on the lowers finally, so the BBF is done.
IMG_1956.JPG
No room for dark, so I'm putting on coffee and will have to at least pluck the big leaves off all three plants and hang them. This is a beast, but it also looks like a quick trim.
IMG_1953.JPGIMG_1955.JPG
If this was ever seeing a bag, it would have that -- you know -- that thing 🤪 :ROFLMAO: IMG_1954.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Already had the scissors warmed up. Trying to keep the flower clones in check as they go instead of needing hedge-clippers later.
IMG_1943.JPG
Here is the clone-farm on each limb. Sprouts starting everywhereIMG_1944.JPGIMG_1946.JPG
This is the VSL I am keeping un-topped for now. I did take those original leaves off
IMG_1947.JPG
The HQ are just getting going, but they are going
IMG_1949.JPG
And the after for the three I pruned
IMG_1950.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I finally found a decent shelf that is adjustable and 12x12. tougher than you'd think. Skunk is in here now for good
IMG_1977.JPG
The beautiful shrub up front with the silvery looking leaves? Yeas, that's the Homeqoming Queen :ROFLMAO: The VSL is the green on in the backcorner :)
The HQ has lots of small buds, but they all look plump
IMG_1980.JPGIMG_1978.JPG
The VSL is probably gonna be a beast.
IMG_1981.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I finally found a decent shelf that is adjustable and 12x12. tougher than you'd think. Skunk is in here now for good
View attachment 82868
The beautiful shrub up front with the silvery looking leaves? Yeas, that's the Homeqoming Queen :ROFLMAO: The VSL is the green on in the backcorner :)
The HQ has lots of small buds, but they all look plump
View attachment 82870View attachment 82869
The VSL is probably gonna be a beast.
View attachment 82871
I’m excited for the VSL! Looks great so far.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Boring veg stuff
If there's room in the pots this is how I do the top dressing. A little dirt in each cup, the dry nutes (two different ones), then I use the little cup to shake it like a mixed drink. If there's not room I just spread it out on top as even as I can.
IMG_1969.JPG
Bonsai rake
IMG_1972.JPG
And I go around the edge of the pot abd as close to the stem as I can without tearing stuff up too bad, and loosen all the topsoil. I either put the nutes on before I do this, or if it's mixed with dirt I do this first.
IMG_1973.JPG
Found one with a curled root that is going into beast mode.IMG_1971.JPG
And this is going to all stay here until death. The closet is gonn be 18/6 as soon as I need it for the clones/bagseeds.
Since I know I'll eventually need to stake them and pull the branches together I am pruning all the fan leaves from the middle of the plant. I dont care as much about the ones on the outside, since they kind of enforce a perimeter :) IMG_1974.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I realized you couldn't see the shelf.
I go by square feet. Each plant takes up about a square foot. Wire-rack 11.8" x 11.8" just big enough for one plant, and it has 5 shelves and 5 sets of pipes. After stuff is done stretching I may go erector set and level out all of the shorter ones. IMG_1984.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
HAF buys a shelf and I’m like “ah fuck it this is close enough in height and will hold the weight”

Looking good as usual.
Thanks. I have these wire shelves all over the house all different shapes and sizes. Most of them are 14" wide, and take up more room than needed for a plant. And with the little clips to adjust the height I think I can get 4 shelves out of it. There were only 4 sets of pipes, so it was 4' tall overall. I think it was $40. $10/shelf with a spare top/bottom rack

Wish they had wheels LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bought a second set before they disappear. I don't think I will need more than one shelf-height per plant in general.

But if the shelves aren't at exactly the same height I can have two shelves on the same pole... two or three side by side on the edge of the tent shouldn't get in my damn way - which is what I fucking HATE about using upside down buckets or pots. Not stable. Any bump and it goes sideways and takes out every plant it can...

I'm gonna play with this idea LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Don't threaten me with a good time :cool:
hamsters were running about half speed on this one. Needs work but it's a solid start. IMG_1990.JPG
They get wet tomorrow so I'll screw with it again. They're starting to put buds together up top so I don't think they're stretching much more.
The three olympians on the podium were the 4th Gear x WLD and the 2 Hippie Crippler x GSC. IMG_1986.JPG
IMG_1989.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at pics helps. I think a max of 5 shelves in an L opposite the fan. and get it close. not trying to get the transit out and survey the tops, but I want to even out the lumens if it is this easy.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Clones bounced right back
IMG_1994.JPG

And I have another potential cull on the bagseeds. Wierd one upper right. After thinking about the one that I salvaged from the other pot, I am keeping that no matter what. That is a "money" bean that I counted as not popping. The bag-seeds I'll keep at least one depending on room and stuff, but the mystery bean is one of 5 [Sangria Cookies, Rock Island Rocket, Blueberry Freeze, County Line Hash Plant, or SSHP x Baguettes] which are the only ones I have noted as duds. I now need to start noting "found" and "not found" when I sift the soil for them :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1995.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Soooooo

Since the 3-gallon pot/hydro setup situation and gettting actual three gallon pots my reality has changed.

I never really was worried about it but I decided to stick a plastic bag in each of the pots and fill it with water. The new 3 gallons are. The stuff I have been using is as follows

1g - .5g
2g = 1.5g
3g = 2g
5g = 4g

Fuck me, right? I'm still not worried about anything, but re-thinking things.

So I have been flowering out plants in 2 gallons and it's been fine. also means I have been getting about an ounce of bud per pot-gallon consistently.

This also means that the top-dressings I have been using haven't been as sparing as I thought - light feeding for three gallons is less light in two's