The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My thinking is that I'll have plenty of smoke from the best of the tops, and I might just hash the rest.

I have tried all kinds of edibles, but the most surefire edible buzz is decarbed keif. I press it into weighed pucks, then cut them into dose portions. I tried pressing the dose-weight into a puck but it was paper thin and a mess. It takes a very small amount (I use less than .2g for a "still able to function well" buzz :) Now I have use a gram then divide the puck into 4. The half-circle piece was a .2g puck. The 1/4's were from a .5g
IMG_1651.JPG
Having different strains of this is starting to appeal to me. :cool:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My theory is that the veg that is in there will keep getting sifted out the more it is run. Can't do that with bubble. But since this is just getting eaten it's cool how it is. Decarbing it now, and should see about 4.5-5g after.

I also mixed three different grades back together once it was sifted. Wish I had gotten pics of it separated.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not bad for bag-seed - but then when you find a random seed sprouting in a pot what do you label it? I just stuck a tag in that oneIMG_1862.JPG
The front ones are the HCxGSC, 4GxWLD back left, Spahn back right. Skunk will be shuffled elsewhere shortly...
IMG_1863.JPG
November flips on the left, December on the right. Next watering I will prune any shade leaves on the hot mess in the back.
IMG_1868.JPG
The November flips have an assortment of fall foliage :) All are 73 days old, and I know that just because I figured it out for the HH's.
IMG_1869.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not really a need for pics of pucks, but I now have Sangria Cookies 'pills' and the 3HDxLBF.
For anyone that messes with the decarbed stuff here's a quick reference thing i put together.
Basically, weed that is 20% THC means that each gram contains 200mg THC - 25% weed would have 250mg/g, etc.
1611753099632.png
I had heard that the kief was 75% THC, bro-science, grapevine stuff, but on the Ardent site where they test the hell out of stuff they say closer to 50% THC. Using 25mg as a dose measurement (and for easy math) it shows how much you would need of the debarbed bud or kief.

For anyone that likes or needs to be stingy with weed imagine getting 30 buzzes out of an eighth - instead of 2 cones or a blunt :ROFLMAO:

For the pucks, I found the sweet spot (duh) 0.4g of kief is substantial enough to be pressed into a puck, and it is easily divided by 4 :unsure: :rolleyes: which coincidentally is the easiest way to cut a circle 😂

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can confirm the .1g efficacy of the Hydra Hobbit kief.
Had one with coffee and a bowl this morning, Didn't even think about smoking anything until lunch. And from what I understand it is a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio or close, so it should be substantially different from the others that are pure potency.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wow. My Lemon Tree S1 from @Heisenbeans is well-cured now. There's is definitely a difference between the 30-day "good enough" mark, and stuff over two months. The buzz is the roughly the same, but the flavor is now straight up lemon zest with oily lemony aftertaste. For what it's worth, the buzz has not changed much. It has been a good clean headrush buzz with a nice after-mellow from about day 7 from chop. Maybe a little more racy right off the bat.

I am sure that this is probably true with most strains. The flavor (and the fact that it is definitely bowl weed) has kept me puffing on a bowl or three of this every few days since it was dry. So I think I have just noticed it more. I haven't grown any other citrus strains, so it's got that novelty appeal to me as well. I have more, and when I get around to it I also have 2 packs of O.B.S. - which is confusing because one is Orange Bloosom Special from Greenpoint. the other is Orange Berry Smoothie from @thenotsoesoteric.

I think I am done waiting on full cure. I love trying new stuff, which is why I grow lots of strains. I know the taste and smell will change as stuff cures, but what better way to report on that than to be smoking it? All in all I think it is better on the upslope towards cured than it is on the downslope after it starts losing it. Think about it. Keif/hash is as potent as it's gonna get as soon as you chop. Everything will get better with age then degrade, but when you start out with fire fucking enjoy it!

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Wow. My Lemon Tree S1 from @Heisenbeans is well-cured now. There's is definitely a difference between the 30-day "good enough" mark, and stuff over two months. The buzz is the roughly the same, but the flavor is now straight up lemon zest with oily lemony aftertaste. For what it's worth, the buzz has not changed much. It has been a good clean headrush buzz with a nice after-mellow from about day 7 from chop. Maybe a little more racy right off the bat.

I am sure that this is probably true with most strains. The flavor (and the fact that it is definitely bowl weed) has kept me puffing on a bowl or three of this every few days since it was dry. So I think I have just noticed it more. I haven't grown any other citrus strains, so it's got that novelty appeal to me as well. I have more, and when I get around to it I also have 2 packs of O.B.S. - which is confusing because one is Orange Bloosom Special from Greenpoint. the other is Orange Berry Smoothie from @thenotsoesoteric.

I think I am done waiting on full cure. I love trying new stuff, which is why I grow lots of strains. I know the taste and smell will change as stuff cures, but what better way to report on that than to be smoking it? All in all I think it is better on the upslope towards cured than it is on the downslope after it starts losing it. Think about it. Keif/hash is as potent as it's gonna get as soon as you chop. Everything will get better with age then degrade, but when you start out with fire fucking enjoy it!
Lemon tree was the most lemony weed I ever had. Orange berry smoothy was the most orangest tasting weed I ever had.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lemon tree was the most lemony weed I ever had. Orange berry smoothy was the most orangest tasting weed I ever had.
I tried the Sangris Cookies kief after lunch - YAHTZEE!

While I'm reeallly high why does no one talk about the pickles terp?

Lemon Tree - unique - will grow again.

Hydra Hobbit smelled like homade pickles and onions, with fresh dill. Crazy good, which is why I have been dropping more to get more. If I had only gotten one girl I would have taken clones. I thought it was unique

Then I try the Dank Sinatra - Bingo - same variety of smell. Maybe less on the dill, but there's definitely a pickle thing going on.

I want Barbeque flavored weed

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds

I tend to abbreviate orangeberry smoothie as obsm to avoid confusion with the obs by greenpoint. Cheers bro and the lemon tree s1 sounds nice.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The buzz has mellowed as have I - so to clarify on the curing thing:

I think that there is a process to properly dry the weed. After it is properly dried and smokable, game on.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I tried the Sangris Cookies kief after lunch - YAHTZEE!

While I'm reeallly high why does no one talk about the pickles terp?

Lemon Tree - unique - will grow again.

Hydra Hobbit smelled like homade pickles and onions, with fresh dill. Crazy good, which is why I have been dropping more to get more. If I had only gotten one girl I would have taken clones. I thought it was unique

Then I try the Dank Sinatra - Bingo - same variety of smell. Maybe less on the dill, but there's definitely a pickle thing going on.

I want Barbeque flavored weed
Somebody here, I forget who, said they had a chicken smelling pheno.