The James Gang

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yeah - I just said that LOL
I didn't know if you knew it was an actual thing, or if you just thought you got weird pots, so I was just making sure you knew it is how they are actually made. So now here's the part that makes it even more confusing...when fertilizer manufacturers mention using "X" amount of their product to 1 gallon of soil, are they talking in trade gallons or us gallons? ;) :LOL:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I didn't know if you knew it was an actual thing, or if you just thought you got weird pots, so I was just making sure you knew it is how they are actually made. So now here's the part that makes it even more confusing...when fertilizer manufacturers mention using "X" amount of their product to 1 gallon of soil, are they talking in trade gallons or us gallons? ;) :LOL:
Nah, I always had an inkling, never really cared. I knew a little "one gallon" pot wasn't. Figured the rest weren't.

It was the obvious size difference between the "three" gallons that made me curious. Which led to the nute question which was more pertinent.

What about when you buy a "12qt" sack of soil?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And the measurements I got were to where you would fill the dirt to - on the "one gallon" .71 would be overflowing so I call bullshit on that LOL

You could MAYBE fit another 2 cups in.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since there is now furniture involved, the lineup here won't change much
IMG_2006.JPG
Here's the two srtrains from above to maybe be named if they turn out. The middle one is the 4G cross and about 8" taller. IMG_2007.JPG
The sea of diesel
IMG_2005.JPGIMG_2004.JPG
And the clones got some food to see if that generates more growth. Pretty sure they need more light since it's just two 65w lights for that little tent.
I'm changing the closet to veg soon, which means I'm probably messing with that today.
IMG_2003.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
If this is my new veg space - I'll never veg plants that tall. I'm thinking a removable and'or adjustable shelving and having storage at the bottom.
Easier on the back too. View attachment 83059
I like having the bottom of the tent at table height. Like you said, easier on the back. But it also gives you a dire rent perspective on the plants - you see them more from the side than the tops. Having them higher just makes everything easier.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I like having the bottom of the tent at table height. Like you said, easier on the back. But it also gives you a dire rent perspective on the plants - you see them more from the side than the tops. Having them higher just makes everything easier.
I was thinking about shoving that little seed tent at the bottom, but the electricity division right now doesn't trip breakers. So all the lights/fans stay where they are. You can see my hole in the wall outlet. I have a big 12/2 power cord going to the laundry room just for the timer/lights. I couls turn that into a power strip, but I don't need the space that bad. I store grow stuff in that bedroom for convenience. I have another spare bedroom just for everything storage. Be nice to consolidate and get the stuff like dirt and stacks of empty pots in that room too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Suck part about bucking day is the pics. I take a few, then get stuff done. Then check the pics.
Here's the only Croquembouche pic that was OK,
IMG_2013.JPG
And the Minnesota Muffin had 2
IMG_2018.JPGIMG_2016.JPG

Both are super frosty - to the point that just snipping stems and the nugs dropping to the tray left it looking like I just pulled the tray out of the freezer AFTER dumping it.

I got right at 2oz of buds each, and about a half-pint of MinMuf larf compared to a pint of the Croq. I am giving the Blueberry Freeze another day just because of how fat it was. So far the curing-jar rig is working great. I just have the air stones in the bottom, and the pump circulating air for a half hour every 6. I am going to probably drop that to twice a day for the second week, then once a day until it's done.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One other experiment I am trying with the seedlings is starting them out with coconut water.

It has been a minor pain in the ass keeping a little bit of pH'd water around and fresh for the babies, and mixing up a half gallon or less is just a pain to pH when there's almost no ppm in there to start with.

But the best practice for using the freeze-dried coconut water powder is to go into 0ppm water and not mess with the pH or add any other stuff to the water. Using a teaspoon per gallon means mixing as little as a pint is simple. Then I just keep it in the fridge.

Anyway, I don't give them anything but a few squirts of water every day or two, and if this doesn't kill them it's easier.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am checking the Blueberry Freeze to see if it's close to dry. I weighed it, then put it under vacuum with a large rH pack. I'll check the weight later this afternoon and see what it feels like to know if it needs to go back on a tray or in the jar.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What little larf there was on the BBF was dry enough regardless, so I have some of all three to go 'bowling' with :ROFLMAO:

I have now tried all three and all are fire. They alreadt have a flavor other than grass and gas, so the larf is fair game. The Croq will be trying to locate and define the specific terps, the BBF and MnM will be to see whigh one is more blueberry. Crazy taste already - but not as much on the smell yet.