The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I love when this seedfinder site has the stuff you are smoking. Talk about lineage!

I am pretty sure that Heisen's Wedding Cake was used in this cross, but whatever.
This is a smoke report on larf that was harvested last week (31st). I think I am becoming a pretty good THC guesser, and I would have to say this is already one of the strongest strains I have grown. It feels like 30% weed. I hit a packed bowl of larf one time and it sat me down. FUCK! IMG_2030.JPG
I looked after the pic and that is not a bean. It's one of those pistillate calyxes from under the bud by the stem.
IMG_2036.JPG

There is a definite pine already on the exhale, maybe some sandalwood and citrus. This will already make my "keep it in the cupboard" list.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I have a little bit of so many strains I got a bulk pack of assorted doob tubes, and I just pick a color combo to go with each strain. One big tube with the strain written on the cap reminds me and has bowl weed. I packed a cone of all 4 of the recent ones and I am now second guessing the Croq one. I have several strains that I don't bother wth cones, either because of potency, how resinous it is, or because I just like the taste. This hits the bowl-weed trifecta LOL
IMG_2040.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I like having the bottom of the tent at table height. Like you said, easier on the back. But it also gives you a dire rent perspective on the plants - you see them more from the side than the tops. Having them higher just makes everything easier.
I with you, I have all the tents on folding tables, it is much easier on my old back then the flowering room where the plants are low on pallets, need to rethink how it's set up, nice to have the extra height when needed but I am not getting any younger lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last sprout pruning on the PD. Now that they are stacking I took another 4-8 off each plant On the lower rung, anything that had a top and lower nodes with some stretch went away. Each limb lost a set or didn't, but I have been doing this regularly, so just 2 limbs needed it on about half the smaller plants.
IMG_2046.JPG
Three look to be charging out of the stretch, and the gassy pheno last time was a tall one (and went longer and was WAY fatter) so I am hoping that the ratio there is mostly cheese with just a few gassy-skunk for variety. IMG_2045.JPG
The Homecoming Queen has very little secondary growth, everything is tight to the stems, and will probably look like a Thai stick once plump. Starting to get some purple on the lower fans.
IMG_2049.JPGIMG_2053.JPG
The VSL is VERY branchy. Because I only got girl one I did 't prune a few of these back like I usually do. I pruned it after the pics. The canopy of lower stuff is hiding behind those two fan leaves that are no longer there.
IMG_2058.JPG
Starting to get the 'silver leaf' thing :)
IMG_2059.JPG
The rest
IMG_2062.JPG

The clones are pumping out the single-blade leaves now, should start to see some funky ones shortly. The two HQ on the left are also showing very little sprout growth. But since mama ain't tall they can hang out for a while and get bigger. The moms for all three clones are starting to smell amasing. The VSL is getting a sweet and sour thing.
IMG_2064.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pics are better. The VSL got jacked up, and I don't care if the two topw get a little crispy, since the bulk of the weed is that canopy.
IMG_2083.JPG
A few browns, some spiky
IMG_2077.JPGIMG_2078.JPG
The Angel Heart is browning all over, just waiting on the eventual bowl trimmer because I ain't cleaning that shit! :ROFLMAO:IMG_2087.JPG
The Homecoming Queen is another one of @J.James Baguettes crosses, IMG_2075.JPGIMG_2076.JPG
And having the individually adjustable racks is perfect. Since I am running random strains I think this will be pretty standard. IMG_2086.JPGIMG_2088.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And I don't even have them staked up yet and none have had any LST. That's all genetics. I topped them - that's it. Only one plant (top left corner) didn't self-level, and the two below it are taller than the rest. Other than that it's identical plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I have settled on keeping the PD in the two gallons unless a few really hate it. I'll see where they are at one I chop a few in the other tent. As long as they don't start needing water every day I'm good.

But I will have to stake them up next time out while they are easy to manage. I am really liking this system with the heavy-duty rubber wire hooking the tops to the stake better than the twist ties. It is more for support of the tops than any training, but on the VSL I used the wires to spread out the limbs and get light to that canopy. So it's easy, quick, and multi-functional.

I have some of those home despot plastic covered alumininum poles on standby for any monster plants, and regular bamboo stakes, but using the 2'-2.5' BBQ skewers has worked great for the little 4-tops.

edited: but I still need to secure the whole mess to the pot for overall stability if they get top-heavy. I think the tomato-cage-rings would be good for that, but a pain to put on later in life. Looking at other options...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those are only a foot and a half tall, so they won't go to the bottom of a pot and do any good. I'm thinking that paired and clipped together they won't need to go that deep though. But if I need them taller I can duct-tape some coat-hangers to them.

Which is what I'll use to make more of these if they work out. Damn LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And doing the 4-tops they can be a right angle instead of a curve. Easier to make. I attempted it before, but there wasn't enough wire in a coat hanget to make them tall enough.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So if you straighten out a coat hanger without chopping off the twisty parts to make straightening it out easier, they are 44" long. It's almost worth the price of the pre-mades to not have to screw with it. But optimum would be a bundle of 4' long straight coated wire to bend how I want. IMG_2096.JPG