The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One thing that I'm noticing is that some random crosses can have two wildly differen pheno's, and one can be great while the other is blah.
The Paradise Deisel was one example. There was a quick finisher that was beautiful, dense, and cured out to smell like cheeto's. That is what I am hunting with this big run (and to check a big tent-full run off my to do list 🤪 ). There was nothing wrong with the other cut, but it wasn't deisel either. It was more like a non-skunk-smelling skunk - that flowery/perfumy smell with a little gas. Great bulk as you'll see in a few months, and it made great budder - but it wasn't the one.

Looks like the same with the Hippie Crippler x Rosetta Stone. Both were huge, but one was huge and fairly dense, finished quick, and is starting to get a cheese smell and I like it. One was huge and larfy, went longer, and eventually tossed a nanner to get harvested instead of getting perfectly ripe like her pretty step-sister :)
IMG_1599.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Shuffles and flips. Everything from Nov/Dec flips is in here except the Early Skunk from Mr. Nice because it is a freaking midget.
IMG_1601.JPG
Only the two left corners are on upside down pots, the rest are all natural height.
IMG_1602.JPG
The Non-Diesel except the Freak are flipped, and hanging with the midget - I'm betting they'll pass her before they show sex.
IMG_1604.JPG
And the Freaky-Diesel tent. These will all flip in here, then I'll keep what can fit. Pot size may depend on the number of girls. I can run 8-9 3-gallons, but 15-16 2-gallons. I like to leave an open slot by the fan pole. Also depends on how many girls in the closet. I am keeping all of those. PD females get culled as a last resort.
IMG_1605.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nice work dude as usual.. That freak plant reminds me of a deformed marigold plant.. 😆.. Thats def a weird strain.
Shud be neat to see at end of flower after i seen @Micah48's freak he had.
Thx
I had heard of them, and after seeing the one @Micah48 has I asked @J.James to keep an eye out for some and he pulled through. I would veg it longer, but when I flip the masses I won't have an 18/6 spot except where the clones are. That might actually work, but I don't even know if it's a girl. Next one I'll play with longer and get a big shrub.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The half-pots were very rooty and needing water daily so I put the other 12 into 1g. I do like those 'crinkly' pots where you can deform/manipulate the rootball before taking it out of the pot. Flipping soon, so now they'll have p[lenty of growing room until they get sexed. Won't even have to rush to up-pot those.
IMG_1623.JPG
The Early skunk is gonna be on her own schedule. All of these babies are drinking well and starting to stretch.
IMG_1621.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am thinking I might as well flip the PD. The smalller they stay the more I girls can keep - a tent-full is a tent-full, no matter how many pots.

Then, depending on the number I can eventually shift everything to the tents for flowering, and change the closet to veg.

And smaller plants are definitely easier to deal with. Tomorrow I have to top-dress and water the other tent. That's why I like the rolling caddy's. I can pull a few out, then just rotate the rest around in the tent to get to them.

Also, I like to get really high and look at each plant real close when the pistils start turning. I usually prune away some fan leaves and such, so a good sativa or an edible that afternoon to get into creative/bonsai mode.

Running testers there's also a chance of a herm from a cross that didn't take so a good looking over at this point usually happens too - but I just noticed I don't have any testers going in that tent. I guess the Homecoming Queen could be considered one, but I think it was more of a "mostly male" strain rather than one that had any issues. Beautiful plant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sangria Cookies #2, noticed something interesting, so here's how I buck-n-jar stuff.
IMG_1630.JPG
This one has a more gas smell for now, less bread/cookie.
IMG_1628.JPG
First thing I snip is those lower stems. My only larf comes from those so it's the only fine stem-trimming I have to do. IMG_1632.JPG
One of the limbs went asymmetrical early, the other three didn't.
So I got maybe an 8th of larf, the tops averaged 5g, and it was 47.5g total - for now. Only reason I check it that close is that it is now under vacuum with one of the big rH packs. In the morning I'll re-check the weight and see what happens.
IMG_1634.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The .PDF tent (Paradise Diesel - Freakshow) :cool: is filling out nice. Today was their first 12hr dark. Lights aren't really that high - perspective.
IMG_1646.JPG
These are a few days in to flip just waiting. A few starting to stretch.
IMG_1637.JPGIMG_1639.JPG
And this tent is gonna be a great variety. This is how droopy I let them get before watering. The November 5 got their (likely) last feeding. If any go long they might get another. About the only time I check ppm now is when they go long (after the next two-three waterings) and might have used their food before getting ripe enough.
IMG_1640.JPG
The Hydra Hobbit (3-headed Dragon x Longbottom Fighter) are the two on the right. They are a fresh pickles & onions variety, kind of like how my Dank Sinatra is curing out. The three younguns are the VSL, Angel Heart and Homecoming Queen - no clue how they'll cure out. Angel Hearrt is the real branchy skinny one in the front.
IMG_1641.JPG
The MinMuffin is showing the muffin top traits (I assume)
IMG_1642.JPG
The Blueberry Freeze is a chunky girl. She's gonna have weight. IMG_1643.JPG
And the Croquembouche is gonna check the frost, weight, and probably a few other boxes.
IMG_1644.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Good to know I’ve got 3 purple jelly pies and 3 of the county tickets but these sangria cookies are really taking off compared to the other ones
One trait I saw on both was the 'petals' on the flowers, especially the lower ones, were round and pointy, really thick, and had full trichs on both sides. Trimming decisions were tough as far as how manicured to go - whatever you snip has hash, whatever you leave - ditto.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
PDF tent, probably have to spread them out after I water tonight, maybe snip the biggest two fan leaves off of each.
IMG_1660.JPG
And for what it's worth, I had an unplanned success with the clones. I have a heat mat under the propogator, which is great to keep the soil warm for seedlings, but was heating up the water in the cubes a little too much with the direct contact. so I used a double-boiler set-up :)
IMG_1516.JPG
any kind of smaller tray inside the dome, but it was on a plant-saucer to raise it off the bottom. I was able to keep water at the bottom to generate the humidity without waterlogging the cubes. Now that I can see the stem swelling on most and the roots on some at the top, IMG_1654.JPG
I shut off the heat mat, broke the individual cubes apart, and set them on the flat parts of the tray.
IMG_1653.JPG
Next up I'll turn on the other HLG65, then get them into cups once the roots make it out of the cubes.
IMG_1655.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Basically 10 days to roots, I've done nothing but spray them daily with plain water. Yesterday I mixed a little big-bloom and some VAM endo-mix (mycho's) in with the calmag and such, and 'rinsed' each cube. If you hold them at an angle the water will drain out, so I just did that, then soaked the cube with the new stuff.

What cubes are you using? I like the idea that they’re connected and you don’t need little 6 pack trays to hold them
Oasis horticubes. When I purchase them again, I won't get the ones that are pre-drilled. Those are set up for dropping seeds in, and I end up filling them in with loose powder from the cubes before I start. The other option is to just insert clones off center and just not use the hole. A flat sheet of it to score up like you want would be best. It cut's real easy. Reminds me of that green floral foam that grandma had the fake flowers jammed into. You can poke it with your finger and it stays poked. Not spongy.