The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆
It worked a little. Didn't solidify like butter, but it was more viscous than oil so you could get it with a spoon. Definitely can't be used as is unless it's just dumped in a big pot of soup or smething.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did some feeding and watering, and rearranging - and pic taking. The DAMN lvtk from @thenotsoesoteric is like that old ketchup commercial with the Carly Simon jungle... 😂
IMG_0971.JPGIMG_0973.JPG
But a better update will come later. Before I watered the closet I wanted to check those two - lvtk gets water, Hippie Crippler x Rosetta Stone gets decisions made. Chop or dark...IMG_0977.JPGIMG_0978.JPG
If this one is an early finisher I don't want to push her. I'd say about 70% milky and you don't have to hunt to find ambers.
So she comes out of the closet, then whe everything else is sorted I'll decide,
IMG_0978 (2).JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wasn't feeling it tonight. HC x RS is dark for now, but maybe not for three days. Not a lot of pics either.The other HC x RS isn't as far behind as the tops look
IMG_0985.JPGIMG_0986.JPG
Maybe another week. I think this one will still be putting out some pistilswhen the bulk of it is done.
IMG_0987.JPG
the herd
IMG_0992.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Almost 12 weeks 12/12 on the lvtk and the HC x RS. I don't see the other HC x RS making it past the weekend, but I went ahead and stuck the lvtk in the dark as well. She looks a lot milkier in the regular light too.

Getting empty in the closet. Probably shut it down until the veg-plants are ready to flip - the DS clone can go back in the tent.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Almost 12 weeks 12/12 on the lvtk and the HC x RS. I don't see the other HC x RS making it past the weekend, but I went ahead and stuck the lvtk in the dark as well. She looks a lot milkier in the regular light too.

Getting empty in the closet. Probably shut it down until the veg-plants are ready to flip - the DS clone can go back in the tent.
12 weeks is long!

The momma cut never goes past 63 days, usually about 10-20% amber.

Its weird how much variation comes from offspring. Hopefully it has a good smoke on her! Kudos bro!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@thenotsoesoteric I am still learning this. I think that when I stopped counting weeks and just started watching the plants (for feeding and everything) they have gone longer. I don't have that constant reminder that they are however many weeks old.

The ones flowering in the tent have grown up into the 40k lumen range from the light and still going. I think I will get them more light in general from now on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am planning a bigger run, and hate guess-work, and messing up plants in the fragile stage - which mainly happens with overwatering.

I weighed the cup full of dry soil (100g). First seedling that needed water I weighed and it was about 120g - so it still had moisture.

I watered it normally at each stage of seedling growth, a few squirts the first time, a little more a few days later etc. But I weighed the first one each time AFTER I did what I was going to do - then watered the rest on the scale to match it. Every 2 days they got water once I started watering. It progressed from 150g, gradually up to 220g which was the soaked cup with a little drainage.

Weighing the soil in the cups before I plant from now on so they all roughly match.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I continued that with these. I am only careful at this point until they get their first soaking about a week after repot - I don't like mud at the bottom where the roots cant get to yet.
IMG_0998.JPG
I got a kitchen scale that does up to several pounds and 2 days after re-pot one was really light, the rest were so-so. I weighed the light one (900g)
and watered it like I normally would and it came out to 1200g. It basically got a cup of water.

After that the assembly line was easy - set it on the scale and water it to 1200g. Some were closer to that 1200, but all got some water and all weighed the same after. Now the science begins. I wish I had weighed them at re-pot, but didn't think of it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Alrightythen... here's my bro-science opinion on the Cheap Thrils by Cannaventure.
I only found about a half dozen nanners and all on the tops, including what looks like one bean. I didn't dig into it, but if the test smoke isn't better than average it'll be hash and I'll see the bean-count if there is one.
IMG_0999.JPG
That said, the frost is deense, the smell is like raspberry, and even the tiniest larf-nug was dense. Their description:

Raspberry Kush clone / Triangle Kush clone x Sherbert cut
For the CannaVenture Seeds 10th Anniversary Drop, We want to show our appreciation for all of the support and love we’ve been shown through out the last decade by releasing an amazing line up with a more affordable price that differs from our normal retail prices. Most of the CannaVenture Seeds lines are bred specifically towards a certain pheno or towards one of the parents etc. The Cheap Thrills line is different.
We purposely left this wide open, to exhibit a wide range of phenos. Cheap Thrills is an Indica / Sativa mix and the terpene profiles are super loud and range from a sweet ,raspberry / fruity, all the way to Piney OG terps. Some plants will exhibit beautiful purple colors in the flowers. Plants will finish around 9 weeks and up to 10 weeks for the OG Dom phenos. Yields will be above average to good. Easy to cultivate genetics.

Soooooooo
What I am thinking was that this was a one-time drop, fuck whatever happens. No selective breeding - it was a random chuck. My expectations are not high so it's a low bar.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fuckin nanners man. 😱. I have one strain right now that likes to do that shit. This'll probably be the last run of it.
Yeah mon - they no be good.

Honestly it's pretty weed. Has a reddish tinge to the bud under the frost, leafy bits stayed dark green, and it smells nice. If it has a decent buzz it'll check many boxes.

That said, I have mucho beans. This drops down to the "break glass in case of emergency" beans unless someone ends up wanting them or I give a newb free beans with a warning or something.

Streetpro09

Tester
Yeah mon - they no be good.

Honestly it's pretty weed. Has a reddish tinge to the bud under the frost, leafy bits stayed dark green, and it smells nice. If it has a decent buzz it'll check many boxes.

That said, I have mucho beans. This drops down to the "break glass in case of emergency" beans unless someone ends up wanting them or I give a newb free beans with a warning or something.
Personally I'd probably just throw them away. There's to much good stuff out there to be tainting the waters. Who knows what the next guy'll do.

Looking back Im questioning why I kept the one I did for so long. 🤔

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Personally I'd probably just throw them away. There's to much good stuff out there to be tainting the waters. Who knows what the next guy'll do.

Looking back Im questioning why I kept the one I did for so long. 🤔
Actually, I think I am pretty much done with cloning just because of that. I know I can do it now if needed.

For what it's worth, I ground up enough of that Cheap Thrills for a J and a few bowls. Saving the cone for morning with a fresh head - wake-n-bake is best for testing. But I hit a bowl and it is pretty damn good. So right now the only "emergency" beans I have are "Dulce Cherry Punch - which seeded all on its own. Never saw it until harvest and got almost 200 beans out of a solo-cup 4-top.

I had some ILGM fems that I gave to @TreeFarmerCharlie just because I was never gonna get around to running that many fems. Not bad beans, but I had my fill. Unless the fully cured buzz changes my mind I think these will go into that category

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Didn't have to do anything with the plants except check the babies to see how close they are to topping. The Angel Heart is a beautiful plant. perfect structure. Makes it easy to show what I meant about nodes and sprouts for manifolds and such.
Even on the left odd on the right. If this ain't the proper way, it's what I have been referring to.
IMG_1002.JPG
Node 1 is the cotyledon (chubby leaves)
Node 2 is the single blade seed-leaves and sometimes they produce decent sprouts. I never keep them myself, but in this case where they are both there and substantial, it means Node 3 is probably a good bet to keep. This is fine for the 4-tops I have been doing. Keeping node 3 and 4 on this one would likely end up with 4 even tops.

For manifolds, this is the only instance where I would keep the third node. If there were no sprouts from node 2, or a weak side on the third node, I prune them as soon as it's evident because I am not keeping them.

I'l wait until I soak them next to mess with any of that. I am leaning towards top-n-flip instead of manifold but a few of the smaller ones might not be ready with the rest so who knows. each plant might be different getting to the 4 tops.