The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
DS day something or other. 43 I think. Seems like no matter what I change they don’t want to reach for the light. Fan up fan down light up light down water more water less. Just living their stumpy droopy life I guess ha.
View attachment 79465
I don't smoke the stems anyway ;) Mine will be cured shortly, and the only way I can keep track of what I planted/flipped is
👇

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Most the plants from my last few grows I’ve been able to figure them out so to speak. These just wanna be grumpy. Raised light again tonight. Trying more stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One of the Sangria Cookies looks like it's a little ahead of the other. Flipped 10/28 so they aren't even 6 weeks in. The smell is amazing. I pulled them out so I had room to roll the others around for watering, and it was like aroma therapy the entire time. It's berries and cookies. Hint of caramel on the stem rub.
IMG_0949.JPG
So, thanks mystery Hillbilly Bob dude. 2 strains from you so far, and two winners. Everyone raved about the Hippie Crippler. I'm hoping it translates to the crosses I have since I don't have any more beans LOL.
IMG_0950.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Speaking of the Hippie Crippler - the Rosetta Stone cross is doing what the Paradise Deisel did with an earlier finishing bag-appeal version that's a little smaller than the other in all aspects
IMG_0958.JPG
And a straight up beast that ain't thinking about being done yet.
IMG_0959.JPG
I definitely have two phenos.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On both the HC x RS and @thenotsoesoteric's lvtk I have some very yellow spots that catch the eye, and scary looking stuff like that nub on the right side. All pistils.
I went back with a loupe and tooth-pick and they are the curls of about 5 pistils popping at the same time. Kind of like the spidery looking clumps of pistils elsewhere.
IMG_0957.JPG

Last edited:

Opie1

Master Grower
One of the Sangria Cookies looks like it's a little ahead of the other. Flipped 10/28 so they aren't even 6 weeks in. The smell is amazing. I pulled them out so I had room to roll the others around for watering, and it was like aroma therapy the entire time. It's berries and cookies. Hint of caramel on the stem rub.
View attachment 79470
So, thanks mystery Hillbilly Bob dude. 2 strains from you so far, and two winners. Everyone raved about the Hippie Crippler. I'm hoping it translates to the crosses I have since I don't have any more beans LOL.
View attachment 79471
Really frosty HAF! Did you keep a clone off of this one?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dank Sinatra F4 - not a full smoke report, since I was already high whe I started playing with my weed (burping jars). Chopped at the same time, the Lemon Tree is still a littl sticky. The nugs are getting tight and separate easily, but it still clumps in the jar.

The DS has been rolling around in the jar for a week - I think the leafier, hashier looking buds get there quicker than the chunky ones. Anyway, a kept out a few buds to play with.

Destemmed it has nice individual nuglets, all plump, but all leafy around the edges. Its about a 50/50 chunky vs leafy grind. But you have to leave the leaves...
IMG_0960.JPG
I ground up about 10 of those and tapped it out into that tin. DAMN! I don't use a keif-screen. That all gets brushed out back into the flowers.
IMG_0961.JPG

Smells a little like dank, a little like Sinatra... real report later LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner thought

Seems everything I grow is to some extent frosty on the vine. Crazy how they cure out different with some more resinous and sticky, no keif anywhere after you grind it. Then some like this that would leave a mirror looking like Tony Montana had been snorting lines.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Good junk. I ran a gallon ziplock of junk I had in the freezer through the washing machine. I saw that Frenchy uses one of these, and it was worth the $80.
IMG_0965.JPG
Bud stems, stuff already run for dry sift, and some trim from plants where there wasn't enough to mess with. I put everything in a 5gallon all-mesh bubblebag (220m) put in a couple of bowls of ice and a few gallons of water, and ran it for about 15 minutes. I have a set of 1-gallon all-mesh as well, so I just held them over the drain tube and drained it into a bucket. I put the water back in and ran it for another 15 and did it again.

I just used three bags, the 120m, the 70-something, and the 25m. The 25m was like bubblegum. IMG_0964.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner thought

Seems everything I grow is to some extent frosty on the vine. Crazy how they cure out different with some more resinous and sticky, no keif anywhere after you grind it. Then some like this that would leave a mirror looking like Tony Montana had been snorting lines.
:unsure: To be honest, I don't know the indica/sativa ratio of most of the stuff I grow. I have had a few pure sativa or close and obviously sativa dominant. I have had 100% indica as well. But I have noticed more of a buzz-profile difference between strains based on how they cure out (the level of keify vs sticky) than any other factor.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More weed-play. I had two Rainbow Man "John 3:16" plants that had the exact same buzz and are strong - but one was a chunky plant, and one was larfy to the top. The larfy one was harsh smoke - so edibles. Read an article on double infusing oil, so I have 2 batches going, one has already been run once. After about an hour I open it up and stir, so a picture.
IMG_0966.JPG
If I did the math right it should be about 50mg THC per ml on the second batch. Used 5g of bud each run.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After it's all done, I usually pour boiling water over the leftovers instead of squeezing it. It washes the butter off, then separates easy.

I know will work the same with the oil, but I don't know about it solidifying in the fridge like butter where you can just drain the water from under it.

So I think I'll put some butter in the bowl first, then the hot-water oil-wash over the bowl, then mix the butter and oil before letting it cool.