The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Only late nanners I have had on regs was the Crown Jewel that JJ f2'd. They got too tall too much light and I beat the hell out of them to combat that. So that was newb-me, not the strain.

The DCP from Chuckers Paradise was the only reg I have had the just went bat-shit crazy. But it never nannered (visibly) and was also in a damn solo-cup for 3+ months.

Soooooo pretty much fems.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think as a general rule I prefer nature. Fems are cool, epecally if you have plant counts or something, but being retired and this being my hobby, regs gives me more to do. I get to grow more plants without keeping as many - or if I get a bumper crop of girls I get to hone my jedi skills figuring stuff out so I dont have to cull any. Fems are just boring :ROFLMAO:

I have also seen more diversity from regs (which I like). So far I haven't had a strain where one pheno sucked and one was good. If they were different it was mainly in look and smell stuff, not quality. So in that sense the variety is like having two strains in a pack (mom and dad) - which I haven't seen as much in fems.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That said, if my goals were different I could see latching onto a strain, like Sangria Cookies for example, where the first two beans I popped produce very similar plants with lots of character to set my stuff apart from the dude down the block trying to sell his. Having a stack of those to run until the clientelle are ready for the next new thing make a stable strain from seed a great thing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Opie1 The Sangria Cookies if it was in focus it's a good pic. Beautiful plants. No play by play. Only real difference is the one on the left is getting a few knobby foxtails just on the tops The one on the right has nice even domes or cones on top. (for now LOL)
First pic is in their natural environment, and the DS clone got moved back in here. for better VPD. ;)
Then random flash/no flash shots
IMG_1003.JPGIMG_1004.JPGIMG_1006.JPGIMG_1008.JPGIMG_1009.JPGIMG_1011.JPGIMG_1016.JPGIMG_1017.JPGIMG_1018.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The new stuff looks to be stacking instead of stretching for the most part. I give the SC about two weeks based on the pistils (for now).

Just pulled the plug on the light in the closet. and moved other HC x RS and the lvtk back in there for darkness and better ventillation than granny's wardrobe. There was quite enough milk , so I said screw that there were only maybe 3% amber - plant is OLD. Probably tomorrow wil be a big harvest day.

Other shit I think about. I can fit 16 1-gallon plants in the 3x3 closet until I flip them. WHEN I start that, now that all three are vented I will have the closet for veg, and the two big tents for flower. I don't think it will work for this next big grow, but the future looks fun.

Last edited:

Opie1

Master Grower
@Opie1 The Sangria Cookies if it was in focus it's a good pic. Beautiful plants. No play by play. Only real difference is the one on the left is getting a few knobby foxtails just on the tops The one on the right has nice even domes or cones on top. (for now LOL)
First pic is in their natural environment, and the DS clone got moved back in here. for better VPD. ;)
View attachment 79608View attachment 79609View attachment 79610View attachment 79611View attachment 79612View attachment 79613View attachment 79614View attachment 79615View attachment 79616
Frosty, frost HAF, really nice work man!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This was the earlier HC x RS. The smell reminds me a lot of the runt Hippie Crippler I had. HC was straight gas, the runt had a cheezy-deisel thing going on - this does too.
IMG_1026.JPG
Wide variety in limb weight 103g 82g 56g & 26g
The two little ones were node 3.
The big two (node 4) would probably weigh the same iif I had pruned those two lower sprouts.
Those are the things I try to prune but usually end up with a few that were in between, then stretched.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
View attachment 79608View attachment 79609View attachment 79610View attachment 79611View attachment 79612View attachment 79613View attachment 79614View attachment 79615View attachment 79616
Stellar! Nice Job!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
2 down, one to go.
lvtk s1 by @thenotsoesoteric
Surprised me. Everything is super dense. The ginormous HC x RS weighed in at 241g
This is 234g - with skinny-ass stems. I think that would be my main downside to this particular plant. All those lower sprouts were bending harsh from the weight. Definitely a good scrog plant. But, how can you complain about a plant that gets so fat it can't support it's own weight?
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Another one bites the dust. Last post 1046, this on noon-ish. spent less than an hour triming this one.
Hippie Crippler x Rosetta Stone 2
Gonna be interesting to see how this dries out - it's larfy-chunky. Each chunky nug has foxtails everywhere, smell is more fuel than the other one, but based on Granny's wardrobe the other one is already changing from the cheesy to a sweetness. No clue what I'll end up with.
IMG_1034.JPG
275g total. and I think I am done with node 3, damn the calendar and the rotation.
Node 4 limbs were 116g and 113g - node 3 were 46g & 44g
Regardless of the size of all three, I was still in the 2oz ballpark with each.
A perspective shot.IMG_1035.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sangria cookies is so close I can taste it - and smell it. There's a little bit of that warm bread smell like with the cookies crosses I have run, but the berries and a bit of sour/dankness really hits the sangria on the head. Almost all the trich's are clouding up, mainly new stuff on the tops that's clear.
IMG_1045.JPGIMG_1046.JPGIMG_1047.JPGIMG_1048.JPGIMG_1041.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone