The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These are almost 4 weeks. Two had beautiful even sprouts on node two and three, so I only pruned node two and topped them. The rest lost node two and three and will get topped as soon as the sprouts are ready.
IMG_1056.JPG
Plenty of light at the start has kept them short statured. I'll be dropping more beans than I have room for in my little seed-tent, so some will go in here as well. So flipping a few before the rest just makes more room. IMG_1057.JPG
All the young flowers are healthy. I was warned that the Muffin is a light feeder, They get soaked and fed tomorrow, and you can see the 3HDxLBF next to her is ready for food and she is cruizing. IMG_1063.JPG
Croq was the one that made me real selective on the sprouts I keep. This will be like the HC x RS with the size difference limbs. I had to snip two beautiful fan leaves so it could get light May have to take more when I have her out and look her over good. Might be able to train them instead.
IMG_1059.JPG
Blueberry Freeze is spot on. Not stretching like the back three, but very respectable node spacing. I waited to plant her strain because I was worried about height initially. Not I am kicking myself LOL IMG_1058.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The babies needed water this morning. Here's what I meant about the PTK. Shootds are compact, and vertical.
IMG_1064.JPG
They are beautiful trees up top, wide maple leaves that make you think "Oh Canada" 😂
So glad I didn't just drop the 5-pack. @J.James got 2 to pop, one boy and one girl
- and it seems that is all you need to make beans :unsure::cool: Nice job!
IMG_1066.JPG
The three HQ in the middle are all growing differently, so I'm hoping that means one is a girl. I'd bet the topped one isn't since it is taking off quicker. There hasn't been a girl found yet, so definitely no long veg for them. I am dropping an few of the other Baguettes cross (SSHP) I have next. PTK are lower left, the RIR top left are more spindly . VSL is bakc right, and the topped one is the Angel Heart. PJP is next, and the Early Skunk is the midget.
IMG_1065.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Beans wet.

18 Paradise Diesel by CLG- Big Bud #4 x East Coast Sour Diesel. This is from the first batch of testers @J.James sent me so instead of dropping all of them I am holding 5 back to see what kind of action I get in a few years. Looking for the cheese on this one. If I have to cull any girls to make room it will be from this group. Don't see it happening though since I'll be running all 3 rooms for flower.

6 Spahn Ranch - From a member of the Straight Satans bike gang that hung out at Spahn Ranch, to JJ's dad, to me...
I have to include the pack on this since no matter what pops I am keeping no more than one girl out of sheer curiosity
IMG_1081.JPG

1 County Line Hash Plant by CLG - the only fem of the drop
2 SSHP x Baguettes by CLG- Spyrock Special Hash Plant x Baguettes.
2 4th Gear x White Larry Dragon by CLG
2 Hippie Crippler x Girl Scout Cookies by CLG

The only non CLG stuff is short this time. These will be 5-gallon projects with longer veg. I may sex the tops so I can veg longer without wasting the time on males.

2 Momma Moonshine by @Mysturis420 - Sativa landrace (Thai) x Raspberry Moonshine [Raspberry Kush x Old Time Moonshine]
This is a dank, raspberry-armpit smelling jewel that I am still looking for another girl of. This was short last time, so no problem with longer veg. Down to half a pint jar of it and 6 more beans after this :cool: fingers crossed

1 Freakshow - the journey begins.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In the stoner community, we do more before 6am than most people do all day :ROFLMAO:

Had a decision to make since everything wouldn't fit in the seed tent. The assortment went in here
IMG_1102.JPG
And the bulk PD went in here. Decision was a little easier because all but one of the PD had a 1/4" or better tail after a 24hr soak.
I was going to shove them all in the big tent and still might once they all get vertical that are going to. IMG_1103.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Another thing I'm trying just on the PD is to go from the smaller starter pots (about half solo-cup size) to the half gallon pots instead of one gallon.

I wish they were tall and skinny for floor space, but they are almost the same diameter as the one's, but squat. Should let the roots spread out well and hopefully get them to flip with less dirt. But if they need up-potted during the short veg it should slide right into a one-gallon half full of soil and not skip a beat.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This would have been about flip day for these. The two circled ones were the first topped and look close - temps have been cooler so that may add a few days. But flipped now I would get respectable ~2oz plants from what stretches on the 4 limbs. That's just asking 14g dry per limb.

I got rid of the 3rd node shoots on the other topped ones so this should be about an extra week waiting on the 4th and 5th to get there.
If there's no stretchy sprouts on the PTK when I flip the first batch, they go as is for Christmas trees. The Early Skunk is still too tiny. I may have to train the fan leaves on the HQ 🤪 (the two on right above and below circled HQ)
IMG_1103.JPG

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Another thing I'm trying just on the PD is to go from the smaller starter pots (about half solo-cup size) to the half gallon pots instead of one gallon.

I wish they were tall and skinny for floor space, but they are almost the same diameter as the one's, but squat. Should let the roots spread out well and hopefully get them to flip with less dirt. But if they need up-potted during the short veg it should slide right into a one-gallon half full of soil and not skip a beat.
My 1.75l square pots are kinda tall and skinny. I think you can get 8 in a 1020 tray. I’d have to confirm that. Almost the height of my 2gal pots.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My 1.75l square pots are kinda tall and skinny. I think you can get 8 in a 1020 tray. I’d have to confirm that. Almost the height of my 2gal pots.
I have the little 6" pot-trays for the individual one-gallons. I don't actually lose much space compared to a tray. These work better in a tray. They are onlyabout 2" shorter - so yeah, my one gallons are a metric something or other - not a gallon.
IMG_1116.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Bucked and jarred the HC x RS #1 and the lvtk s1 today. After it's jarred I vacuum it with the rH packs for about 6 hours then check them. The lvtk went down to from 58.3 to 58.13 so not worried about it being too wet. Still felt dry to the touch when I dumped it. I would have left it on a rack if it lost a lot of weight or felt soft/squishy.
IMG_1122.JPG
Straight pine and gas. Exactly what I have picked up that the kush profile is.
IMG_1123.JPG
The Hipie Crippler x Rosetta Stone is hard to nail down yet. Leaning towards the dankest of the Hippie Crippler I ran.
IMG_1125.JPG
It actually gained a miniscule amount of weight in the jar, so I nailed this one.
IMG_1126.JPG

Here's all I keep track of for harvests.
The wet weight is at harvest, and the 25% and 20% weights are based off of that. I use that weight to check and see if it's dry enough to jar.

1608088667530.png
I clean it over a half inch grid, and any larf (never much doing the 4-tops) gets smoked now.

First up is the Guru. (Crippled Hippie x translating the Bible :ROFLMAO: )
Keify goodness.
IMG_1120.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The other HC x RS will be tomorrow or the next day. It seems to be leaning towards what the Rosetta Stone is described as. Which has me kind of excited LOL

"Expect wonderfully sweet, musky, incense scented plants with notes of jasmine and anise – the classic Jack Herer aromas and flavor as well as the potent, uplifting, cerebral high with an adrenaline rush. It’s Jack Herer, but more consistent, bigger yielding and faster-flowering.

Flowering Time: 63-70 days.

Morphology: These are big, vigorous plants with tons of resin on a large main cola and heavily budded branches so be sure to use supports.

How Does it Smoke? Rosetta Stone buds smell like a classy men’s cologne with musk, jasmine and anise notes on the nose – it’s classic Jack Herer. And the high is a sublime classy one too, you feel smoothed out and ready to party or get artistic.
"

Edited - on that first bowl the second hit (after the keif flamed off) had a nice sandalwood/inscence taste on the exhale - the cure should rock this.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Early Skunk (lower left) is the only one I'm going to wait extra time on. Everything else looks to be right on the 5-week flip schedule. (the 21st)
IMG_1127.JPG
And I can't top these PTK. I have to see what happens au natural... Hope ones a girl.
IMG_1128.JPG
Sprouts are keeping the tight internode spacing too. IMG_1129.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Moving right along... The closet got a break, stuff looks like it stopped stretching, and I have 4 beauties that fit right in. Two Hydra Hobit, the Minnesota Muffin and the Croquembouche
IMG_1132.JPGIMG_1133.JPG
The Blueberry Freeze stayed in here with the closer to harvest plants, and some new additions. The two PTK, the Angel Heart and one of the HQ all flipped today.
IMG_1135.JPG
The rest wait a week, maybe ore for one.
IMG_1134.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hippie Crippler x Rosetta Stone
Guru number #2.
67g, and half of that was the 4 tops. The two big ones were just shy of an ounce together. They are the only thing with much density though, so this would probably be a good scrog plant. Where the light was strong it was fine.
IMG_1136.JPGIMG_1137.JPGIMG_1139.JPGIMG_1141.JPG
Here's what I swept out of the bowl under the 1/2" bucket grid. This is a hash factory. IMG_1144.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I ended up taking the two top fan leaves on the HQ that were crowding and shading. (skinny ones by the small dome) Looks to have worked. I'll have to train those top sprouts sideways on both when they get some height. Had 7 beans not pop so i consolidated and everything is in here now.
IMG_1145.JPG
The Paradise Deisel were 17 of 18 over 2 years in the fridge. I think my bean storage set-up is sound :)
3 for 6 on the Spahn Ranch (square ones)
IMG_1147.JPG
And these are all looking good
IMG_1146.JPG