The James Gang

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
That little fan set was only $15, so no harm messing around with them. I put some epoxy putty on hinges and mounted to the bottom of the fans, then just cutting a board to fit between the tene pipes sould seal the deal.
I hear ya on the “regular” fans being a little too much for these small tents. I may have to try some of those computer fans.

Opie1

Master Grower
@Opie1 - be warned that if you use 1020 trays, they will not fit the 18" size. I have those heavy duty propagators and they are only 16" long, so I can fit two side by side.
Yeah I’ve got one of those too, they’re really nice. A lot more durable than I expected, I was thinking that it’d be made out of flimsy plastic, but nope they’re heavy duty. I’m gonna try to remember to get another one.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's what I ended up with. The top may be a temporary thing, but so far the carpeted wood dampens any vibration from the exhaust. Since it's table-top I just jammed everytning on top. the controls for the exhaust and the fans are hanging on the side. Lights and exhaust on the timer, then the fans if needed would be on 24/7
IMG_0045.JPG
I went low-tech for hanging the fans. Mainly used that rubber-coated wire, then a cord with the clamps like on the vent-strings to be able to adjust the height - which I don't think I'll need. If I need wind they are adjustable, and at that height would only be direct on plants that can take it. The Lights aren't adjustable either.
IMG_0044.JPG
I'll probably mainly use one light, then the exhaust if needed. Open vents will probably make that unnecessary. This will get more use with clones I think, but only if I need the room in the veg tent.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here was my other project - don't remember who on here inspired me, but I wanted it ready for the sacred lotus which comes down tonight.
2-gallon pet-food gamma-lid bucket, cheapo-pump, one-way valves and a timer. I perforated a piece of tubing aand clampet it off. Then I filled the bottom of the bucket with water. the air was stronger out of the first holes, and almost non-existent out of the end ones. I know water pressure is different, but think the air-stone should work better. I put one of those disk-shaped stones in the cart... For now I have another stone like that I can add with a T.
I hacked up a bucket grid to fit in the bottom.
IMG_0046.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Here was my other project - don't remember who on here inspired me, but I wanted it ready for the sacred lotus which comes down tonight.
2-gallon pet-food gamma-lid bucket, cheapo-pump, one-way valves and a timer. I perforated a piece of tubing aand clampet it off. Then I filled the bottom of the bucket with water. the air was stronger out of the first holes, and almost non-existent out of the end ones. I know water pressure is different, but think the air-stone should work better. I put one of those disk-shaped stones in the cart... For now I have another stone like that I can add with a T.
View attachment 75284
Is this going to be a curing bucket? I’ve always wanted to try a space bucket!!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Is this going to be a curing bucket? I’ve always wanted to try a space bucket!!!
Yup. I think the 2 gallon is about all I need. I'm going to rig some jar lids as well for keeping individual plants separate.

I set the timer to come on for 30min (one timer button) 4 times a day. I'll still be checking regularly once I use it, so I'll try and figure out what works best. I don't know if it would be better to flush more air through fewer times a day, or less at closer intervals.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't usually post reviews of a plant that is only 12 days from harvest. Probably because I'm never smoking it... 🤪
But this is a unique situation, and curiosity - and a killer buzz - required it. I just chopped a beautiful, fat, Sacred Lotus with no larf, and ping-pong ball size nugs top to bottom. It was at the early stages of ripeness (~5% amber) because of the two I still have going.

This was under an ounce from two plants I would have culled if I needed room, so it is a plaything, not worried about 'wasting' any by smoking what isn't cured.

Sacred Lotus
(Wedding Cake S1 x Star Triangle F6)

Star Triangle
((Snow Lotus (Goohead) x White Fire OG (WIFI)) x (White Lotus x Silver Lotus)) X Critical Sensi Star

This Sacred Lotus is leaning towards the wedding cake (I guess?) because it is more sweet than kushy - but both are there. Both taste and smell, but nothing really defined yet. But I ground up some and packed a bowl and I am numb from the chest to about the biceps and down to about mid thigh - tingly frome there on out :ROFLMAO: Seems like a 'fun' high. No matter what I'm doing I think I'll enjoy it. NOt even going to try and figure terps though, since I have the 'good' plants to follow :ROFLMAO:
IMG_0066.JPG
This has no kief. You can see that it's frosty, but picking apart the nugs for the grinder was like touching gnat-trap paper. That might change as it cures, but I am thinking that a rosin press would love these. IMG_0065.JPGIMG_0064.JPG
And some ground - the grinder is a sticky mess. This will likely be scissors-and-bowl weed :cool:
IMG_0062.JPG

So I'm super high on the 'almost culled' fire. With three fat plants and a clone to follow. Life is good.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Only 2 packs of Sacred Lotus left on the website and then this F1 version will be retired. This would be a great project for a hobby breeder to play around with, Lots of potential to be worked into something great

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
View attachment 75284
jiZmiea.jpg
Hey, those look familiar! ;)

Punisher84

Just some asshole
View attachment 75284
Interesting idea. Pump comes on once a day?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Potted the 3 regular Dank Sinatra clones. All had fat fluffy roots. Flower clones are upper right and all good.
Left Behind clones upper left look sad, but they looked sad in the dome as well. I got them potted as soon as I saw a few roots, hoping this does the trick. If not the ones in the dome are a little more perky.
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
One Sacred Lotus is damn close. I pulled her, removed all the fans, and just couldn't pull the trigger.
IMG_0092.JPG
They both have about 5% amber on the lower stuff. But the rest was about 50/50 clear and milky.
IMG_0089.JPG