The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Cull day.
I have one of the Left Behind that finally popped roots out the bottom,
IMG_0155.JPG
and 4 flower clones that need repotting but not keeping all.
IMG_0157.JPG
The freaky growth is starting. So I may keep them all for now unrtil I see which have the best shoots.
IMG_0160.JPG
two of these are twins, but the far one has a fat trunk, proably ditch the middle one.
IMG_0158.JPG
And I think I am culling one of the Homecoming Queen. The other two are ready-ish for topping, this one has little to no shoots. Haven't seen this before, but it doesn't look promising. IMG_0163.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I potted two more Left Behind clones, so I have two from each batch I took, and ditched the rest. There were good roots on all, so the horticubes are still close to 100% on cloning for me.
IMG_0175.JPG
I topped the two Homecoming Queen, so the Sangria Cookies are the only ones left un-topped that aren't clones.
IMG_0176.JPG
And they are close - next watering.
IMG_0177.JPG
I'm not really counting any of the clones as part of the rotation. They'll fit when and where they fit - or not.
The 4 regs (HQ and RIR) hit 4 weeks today, and i'll be flipping them soon.

The regs might be all male, so I'm not waiting. I am really leaning towards the flower-clone thing to get my bulk. Cloning to sex plants hasn't worked for me because by the time the clones start showing the plants are big enough they have to be flipped anyway.

I'll wait on the fems (PJP, SC) to get a good 4-top going and about a foot of height.
Had some help with the repot...
IMG_0173.JPGIMG_0174.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The lineup is set. One BBF was a dud. I used to drop three to allow for a male a female and a dud. Not bad.
I dug out the bean and put it in water just fir giggles.
IMG_0229.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the layout of the next pic
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG
The HC x RS has FAT pistils and looks like it will get the nice plump calyxesIMG_0204.JPG
The lvtk by @thenotsoesoteric is frosty. I haven't seen the leaf-curl thing like that on the fans if you have any advice... It's been a little chilly at lights out but nothing bad.
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
The Left Behind had beautiful bud structure.
IMG_0214.JPG
And the Dank Sinatra is turning
IMG_0215.JPGIMG_0217.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I topped the rear two DS clones. I left 6-8 nodes on each just to see where the shoots fill out. IMG_0218.JPG
I may or may not keep one of these, since the flower clones are rocking.
IMG_0220.JPG
These have tags
IMG_0221.JPGIMG_0223.JPGIMG_0224.JPG
The SC are almost ready to top.
IMG_0225.JPG
And the OCD set-up
IMG_0228.JPG

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Here's the layout of the next pic
View attachment 75802
View attachment 75803
The HC x RS has FAT pistils and looks like it will get the nice plump calyxesView attachment 75804
The lvtk by @thenotsoesoteric is frosty. I haven't seen the leaf-curl thing like that on the fans if you have any advice... It's been a little chilly at lights out but nothing bad.
View attachment 75806
View attachment 75807
The Left Behind had beautiful bud structure.
View attachment 75808
And the Dank Sinatra is turning
View attachment 75809View attachment 75810
The lvtk I got is a bit sensitive in funny ways. Some phenos are nute hogs and seems to be more sensitive to humidity levels.

She should be cool I'm thinking.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The lvtk I got is a bit sensitive in funny ways. Some phenos are nute hogs and seems to be more sensitive to humidity levels.

She should be cool I'm thinking.
Cool - humidity is generally low here. I also added a low fan to help with gnats. Looks perfectly healthy, other than the scrunchies at the beginning of each fan.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Veg tent got soaked. By the weekend I'll flip the 4 HQ and RIR regs. Just waiting on the HQ to get a little more stretch on the shoots.
IMG_0232.JPG
I topped 2 of the 4 DS flower clones. both had good lowerr shoots like this, then a mess starting up top. Nodes on nodes, no spacing, and each one popping a shoot. I'll let them go for a bit then trim them back to 4-6 shoots, then each shoot will be pruned so it just makes one fat top.
The flower-clones tend to stack impressively.
The other option is to just keep the lower two shoots and do a manifold, keeping a few secondary shoots on each before topping.
Basically, I know I am not keeping more, so I don't want to be feeding more. Now I can watch to see what takes off.
The other two have really fat trunks, and were drier than the ones I topped. If I only keep two they will be the keepers. So these two are just to see if anything kills it.
IMG_0233.JPG
Everything is up and green but the one BBF. I debated dropping another, but I'll just add it back to my list to drop if this one is male.
IMG_0251.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sacred Lotus is falling all over itself, as is the dark one that gets chopped tomorrow night.
IMG_0237.JPG
The one in front is the SL clone.
IMG_0236.JPG
I think this is one that is putting on enough extra weight (newer/less-ripe stuff) that it is going to even out with the older suff. I got one pic clear enough to see it. Top-center in the shade there is a ton of milky-amber, but also lots of frosty-clear.
IMG_0250.JPG
So it can go as long as I don't need room, and a 3-day dark will brown up the final pistils - I think that's where any benefit comes from. If the plant is still living it is doing something. If it makes it stop pumping out foxtails that energy has to go somewhere. So bro science or not I think I'll lean towards doing that if I can - especially if I have one that doesn't want to finish. IMG_0239.JPGIMG_0240.JPGIMG_0241.JPGIMG_0243.JPGIMG_0246.JPGIMG_0248.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thinking more about it, this SL getting a dark period will depend on the SL getting chopped tomorrow. It is fat, so it is hanging for at least 6 days before I even mess with it - maybe longer if it's cooler.

I am not going to put a plant in soil in with a plant hanging to dry.

If it goes another week it'll probably just be ready to trim and hang, might not make it a week. Who knows LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the Sacred Lotus I chopped on the 11th. This plant was a little shorter, and had very little 'extra' growth. Once the pistils started turning, they stayed turned and the ambers came. 65 days from flip for this one, and just under 2oz total. The only "larf" is from me snipping apart the tops. I am not as impressed as I used to be by a jar full of fat tops that may or may not mold easily.
IMG_0259.JPG
But that isn't 2oz It's about 1.5, dense, sweet, has a coffee smell when you first open the jar. The other half ounce went into a "cob" and has now fermented
IMG_0252.JPG
I let it air dry per the instructions, wrapped it in new paper, then vacuumed it again. It's in the jar with the other stuff now for a month.
The smell was surprisingly not bad. It was definitely not moldy smelling like I expected. There's enough resin that vacuumed there's no air, just some water. More of a wine smell than anything, but sweet-ish.
IMG_0255.JPG
And here's some random zooms. On the first one you can see the few lighter colored pistils. That's all there was of 'fox-tailing'
IMG_0261.JPGIMG_0260.JPGIMG_0262.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Here's the Sacred Lotus I chopped on the 11th. This plant was a little shorter, and had very little 'extra' growth. Once the pistils started turning, they stayed turned and the ambers came. 65 days from flip for this one, and just under 2oz total. The only "larf" is from me snipping apart the tops. I am not as impressed as I used to be by a jar full of fat tops that may or may not mold easily.
View attachment 75949
But that isn't 2oz It's about 1.5, dense, sweet, has a coffee smell when you first open the jar. The other half ounce went into a "cob" and has now fermented
View attachment 75947
I let it air dry per the instructions, wrapped it in new paper, then vacuumed it again. It's in the jar with the other stuff now for a month.
The smell was surprisingly not bad. It was definitely not moldy smelling like I expected. There's enough resin that vacuumed there's no air, just some water. More of a wine smell than anything, but sweet-ish.
View attachment 75948
And here's some random zooms. On the first one you can see the few lighter colored pistils. That's all there was of 'fox-tailing'
View attachment 75951View attachment 75950View attachment 75952
That turd is interesting. I might try one myself.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That turd is interesting. I might try one myself.
Info is on the top of page 128, I think it might be cool. Supposed to make the buzz a little more trippy, like the old-school stuff. The only thing I messed up (i think?) is that I had it in a tupperware container on a heat mat for the first day - but it wasn't wrapped in a moist towel.

Stoned me at the time knew I was putting it in a little oven, and it was sealed in plastic. But the heat wasn't evenly distributed. The pack didn't feel all that warm when I checked the next day. I re-did everything then did the moist towel thing for another 12 hours. But I kept the total fermenting time on heat to 7 days.

Now it's just jarred, gradually cooling to room temp on the inside, and curing.

Fancy brick-weed :)