The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Boredom and new ideas. That water-curing thread got me interested, but not in water curing. Someone mentioned Malawy or Cob curing and I started searching and reading. This is what the end product is supposed to be like. Fermented weed, vacuum sealed during curing so it doesn't mold.
1602692100715.png
Here's the gist of it
Malawi 1.jpegMalawi 2.jpegMalawi 3.jpeg
And since i had some Sacred Lotus at the perfect point of hang-drying I couldn't resist. Game on ;) 20g experiment. IMG_0107.JPGIMG_0108.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I like the science behind it. I know I am not the only one that wants to find that buzz from back in the day, and I think that some of the crappy brick weed that actually fucked you up may have inadvertenly achieved this process in transit from wherever.

Since I have weed getting a year old now, I think it is safe to play around some. I am going to try this on one of the 4 limbs from each plant for a bit until I have tried this little gem in about two months. If I like it then there's no reason to stop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For this one I have it one a seedling heat mat, covered to keep it warm for 24hrs. If that doesn't look to be doing the trick, I have a soux vide that I can set the temp on for the next batch.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Boredom and new ideas. That water-curing thread got me interested, but not in water curing. Someone mentioned Malawy or Cob curing and I started searching and reading. This is what the end product is supposed to be like. Fermented weed, vacuum sealed during curing so it doesn't mold.
View attachment 75458
Here's the gist of it
View attachment 75455View attachment 75456View attachment 75457
And since i had some Sacred Lotus at the perfect point of hang-drying I couldn't resist. Game on ;) 20g experiment. View attachment 75453View attachment 75454
Im giving this a go. Is the 104 for 24 hrs just a hydration teast or does it have other merits?
I did 4 small tester packs. 1/4oz or so each. Had some OD curing at 65-67% shoud be perfect for a fernent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Im giving this a go. Is the 104 for 24 hrs just a hydration teast or does it have other merits?
I did 4 small tester packs. 1/4oz or so each. Had some OD curing at 65-67% shoud be perfect for a fernent.
supposedly the moisture isn't bad, just excess moisture. After a day I unwrapped it and there was some sweat on the inside of the bag. It didn't feel damp on the actual chunk-o-weed thing, so I re-wrapped anf vac-sealed it. It's on the top of the wifi router for a week now.

From what I read, you'd be better lumping the 4 together. The bulk helps it do it's thing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The veg tent is vegging. No domes.
Last of the Left Behind clones got little pots (lower left), and those three look much better.
I'll have my pick of the litter on the Dank Sinatra
IMG_0109.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
New moon tonight so I dropped two each of these, all regs, keeping all girls.

'88 Minesota Muffin - @J.James Family Collection
4th Gear x White Larry Dragon - County Line Genetics
Croquembouche F1 - County Line Genetics
Blueberry Freeze F2 - Masonrie Genetics (F2 by CLG)
3 Headed Dragon x Longbottom Fighter (1:1 THC:CBD) - Bad Dawg
Momma Moonshine - @Mysturis420

The top four are new to me, simple run to get a first taste.
The Hydra Hobbit and Momma Moonshine are re-runs that I'm getting low on and enjoyed - so I'm taking clones and running a few in succession.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Out of the 6 Croquembouche I dropped I got 4 to sprout and all of them males. You are in uncharted waters so watch close for issues and cull any issue plants. That Muffin doesn't like fertilizer, I would only give them 1/4 of what you normally give. 4th Gear x White Larry Dragon leans 4th gear in every female I have flowered so I will be tossing it back into the breeding tent as a side project. Blueberry Freeze leans sativa so train it short but let the stems bulk a bit before you flip or be ready to support branches, She's a chunky girl on a little frame.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Out of the 6 Croquembouche I dropped I got 4 to sprout and all of them males. You are in uncharted waters so watch close for issues and cull any issue plants. That Muffin doesn't like fertilizer, I would only give them 1/4 of what you normally give. 4th Gear x White Larry Dragon leans 4th gear in every female I have flowered so I will be tossing it back into the breeding tent as a side project. Blueberry Freeze leans sativa so train it short but let the stems bulk a bit before you flip or be ready to support branches, She's a chunky girl on a little frame.
Thanks for the nuggets! I am presently using about 1/4 of the recommended feed anyway, and with the top-feed, the only issues I have seen is with under-feeding, and that is on the two SL that I just stopped feeding too early. I may be sacrificing some bulk if they don't get enough food, but I haven't seen any issues with too much since I started this system.

I'm fully counting on getting all males on some strains and all girls on others. It will be a two month rotation on re-drops, with the RIR and HQ getting dropped again in November if I don't get a girl, then any from this batch that I don't get one will drop again in December.

I'll drop roughly the same number of beans each time, 12 to get 6, and I know the m-f ratio even if it is 50/50 won't be 50/50 per strain unless some weird shit is going on. But I'll knock strains off my checklist that I haven't grown out yet and keep going.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I am getting ready to fire up the seed tent anyway, I may re-dome the Left Behind clones. Here's the overview and then some close-ups.
Some were ready for topping, some not.
IMG_0139.JPG
PJP was the champ growth-wise, but short node spacing. IMG_0131.JPG
I use the grafting tar on most toppings, especially if there's a hollow stem, but the sprouts can stick to them if they aren't tall enough, so I did a major FIM :sneaky: I'll re-top it once they grow past it, because I know itwould continually want to make new growth.
IMG_0132.JPG
The HQ are like the three bears... I picked the lowest node shoots off the big one to even them out.
IMG_0134.JPG
DS clones are on about the same growth level as the ones that are almost ready to top.
IMG_0136.JPG
DS flower clones will probably flip with the batch of beans I just dropped. The pistils have almost disappeared, and the re-veg leaves are popping.
IMG_0135.JPG
The SC are a week behind anyway, but they are probably caught up with the slower ones.
IMG_0138.JPG
One of the RIR had 6 great shoots to choose from so I didn't yet. One has 4. Both eill have 4 but I may do a skinny plant with 4 pointing the same direction :) Like a 4-prong candleabra
IMG_0137.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here' a better pic of what's what. Lots of stuff going on, but really not much I "have" to keep.
IMG_0139.JPG
The three on the left are fems. Keeping them obviously.
HQ and RIR are regs - I hope to get one of each - who knows.
DS clones on the left are to fill in any gaps left from culling those two sets of regs, but I am definitely keeping at least one clone and one flower-clone.
Left Behind clones are a toss-up. No more beans, hoping one will take. Don't even know anything about the smoke yet, so they are "just in case" I can't beg @J.James for a few more if it is killer :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I will eventually build some kitchen style cabinets, maybe with a sink since I have a bathroom (plumbing access) on the other side of the wall with the shelf. But I think this is the end of my grow area expansion. Small work-area and the seedling set-up
IMG_0143.JPG
The little cardboard thingy is my beans cooking
IMG_0144.JPG
And the tents/closet. The flower areas are on the left because I have holes in the ceiling already and vents running to the attic.
I just got a 4" hole-saw to run the veg-tent exhaust up there, since there's nowhere else that tent could go anyway.
Tile or linoleum would be the last thing on the list, just because I would have to move everything to do it...
IMG_0145.JPG

Opie1

Master Grower
Here' a better pic of what's what. Lots of stuff going on, but really not much I "have" to keep.
View attachment 75609
The three on the left are fems. Keeping them obviously.
HQ and RIR are regs - I hope to get one of each - who knows.
DS clones on the left are to fill in any gaps left from culling those two sets of regs, but I am definitely keeping at least one clone and one flower-clone.
Left Behind clones are a toss-up. No more beans, hoping one will take. Don't even know anything about the smoke yet, so they are "just in case" I can't beg @J.James for a few more if it is killer :)
Looking great HAF, one of the SC’s is showing the cookie traits with the crinkled/twisted leaves.