The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm a child of the late '70s, early '80s, graduated high school in '84 and yes, we had to read the book.

I saw every tour Van Halen did until I joined up, last one was earlier that year. Not much argument those were great music years. Metallica, Rush, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, Judas Priest, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, The late suckier Led Zeppelin etc. plus all the hair bands that had at least one decent song.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Dank Sinatra flower clones had roots out the bottom of 4 of 6. but they all pretty much go straight down. here was what wasa left of the top of the horticube after breaking off the chunks with no roots those corners also got removed.
IMG_9986.JPG
10 DS clones to get one or two. everything else is getting close to 1-gallons. I might stick the 3 fems right in 3 gallons when they are ready.
IMG_9987.JPG
Left Behind clones are in the dome.
IMG_9988.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Aside from having roots sticking 1/4" out the bottom, the flower clones look to all have sprouts starting at the nodes

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All the babies look great and got a little water today. Re-pots coming soon.
IMG_0186.JPG
Red - Homecoming Queen
Orange - Sangria Cookies
Blue - Rock Island Rocket
Purple - Purple Jelly Pie
IMG_0188.JPG
Thr RIR are probably the prettiest seedlings I've grown so far. Fashion model tall but sturdy. And once they got going and into stronger light the node spacing settled down
IMG_0187.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Heisen's and the Cheap Trills
IMG_9989.JPGIMG_9990.JPG
The reason I don't try and crowd my plants in the middle in here is because of the light
IMG_9992.JPG
IMG_9991.JPG
The light green ones are the lvtk up front, Left Behind dead center, and the two HC x RS in the back. Nothing much to see yet, all are of similar stretch, should be right in the three foot range when done like the rest in the tent.
IMG_9993.JPG
So now the shorty is the Sacred Lotus clone, which is starting to turn
IMG_9994.JPG
The Dank Sinatra is nice :)
IMG_9996.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Productive boredom :)
IMG_0003.JPG
Probably another week before the Sangria Cookies are ready. All of the DS clones are looking good. I don't think the first set was far enough along to re-veg, but the second set may take a bit longer to get one ready to flip. No roots yet on the left Behind clones.

The Rock Island Rocket got potted deep to support that giraffe neck they had - they look normal now, and already pumping out sprouts.IMG_0005.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I potted them into dry soil, then watered a ring right around where the roots landed. Only about a half cup of water each. I am going to mix up a foliar feed for everything tonight, then when the pots are light again I'll just soak around the edge of the pot. Probably a week before I actually soak the pots.

*One of my haters (since banned) spouted about me sounding "teachy". :unsure:

I picked Elementary Education to spend my GI Bill on. Local college had the best program, I could have been employed the day I graduated if I wanted to fight a liberal public school system - but I digress. The classes were 98% female, I was separated and already had a divorce filed :cool:

Anyway - I have a bachelor of science in being able to get my point across, and I can explain how and why I do what I do without it being a chore. Give me a few pics and 10 minutes and I can hook you up with a power-point 🤪

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I know I am culling most of the clones. 2-3 would be the max I keep, so culling will be a continual thing whenever I see something lacking.
IMG_0019.JPG
The two in the tray are keepers until I see how the flower-clones do. The other two are slower, so I culled one to see the progress
IMG_0021.JPG
Just a few days and the roots are fine, so the others are probably farther along. IMG_0021.JPG
There was about an inch of soil over the plug, and some roots already started out of the buried stem. IMG_0023.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Old ST1R - in case you thought I was pulling your leg... :ROFLMAO:
I picked up that Yuuuuuuge propagator, don't see me using it much, but it will fit, and it wouldn't by about an inch each way on my previous shelf-thing. It'll hold two of the regular size ones easy. One for each light.
IMG_0025.JPG
I also have a little vent-fan showing up tomorrow - which was what was keeping me from using both lights (HLG65) in the previous set-up.
I don't know where it will end up. Desk-top puts it at an easier height to mess with stuff - but I don't really mess with the plants much in the early stage anyway. More likely it will have a work-bench/watering station set up over the top.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
@Old ST1R - in case you thought I was pulling your leg... :ROFLMAO:
I picked up that Yuuuuuuge propagator, don't see me using it much, but it will fit, and it wouldn't by about an inch each way on my previous shelf-thing. It'll hold two of the regular size ones easy. One for each light.
View attachment 75190
I also have a little vent-fan showing up tomorrow - which was what was keeping me from using both lights (HLG65) in the previous set-up.
I don't know where it will end up. Desk-top puts it at an easier height to mess with stuff - but I don't really mess with the plants much in the early stage anyway. More likely it will have a work-bench/watering station set up over the top.
Nice! I put mine up on a folding table. It’s the perfect height if you ask me. It makes tending to the plants quite easy - no bending over and shit.

35A88E18-CB46-43E3-B139-BA1EF11F5174.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nice! I put mine up on a folding table. It’s the perfect height if you ask me. It makes tending to the plants quite easy - no bending over and shit.
I remember seeing yours and I think it put the idea in my head.

The suck part is that all my stuff is in a small spare bedroom. I have very little floor space, and if I stack it on something, underneath can only be storage and I lose more. I already have a table in there for mixing that is exactly the right size in two directions, but 6" too short. So I know it will work space-wise to keep it on the floor.

But I like the desk-top set-up, and I do also have all my grow-stuff on shelves in there so it's probably a wash. Just have to rearrange storage.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dank Sinatra clones are killing it. Definitely a cash crop if anyone needs it. 100% rooted.
IMG_0035.JPG
The two on top are the best of each set.
IMG_0034.JPG
I culled the smallest of the flower-clones to check, and I think I will have my pick of the litter if they all look this good.
IMG_0032.JPG
I don't think I'll get 100% on the Left Behind clones. Nothing's dead, but the flower clones have been droopy since tay one. Still green though.
IMG_0039.JPG
The one gallons were light after only 2 days since the repot, and don't look to have missed a beat.
They got more water, but the Sangria Cookies are getting dried out to re-pot. They could have taken a sip as well.
IMG_0037.JPGIMG_0038.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If any of you picked up any of The Crown Jewel that @J.James had for sale a while back, plant some :cool:
Mine hit a year old in the jar, and was getting a little on the harsher side, so I made hash. I got one of those little ultrasonic washing machines to try.
I had about an ounce and a half left - most of a quart. I froze the bud, then crumbled them while frosty and did dry-sift first.
The finer 2 will get either de-carbed for budder or hashed.
The stuff that fit through the 220 work-screen, but not the 120 will get tossed in bowlsn with other weed.
IMG_0028.JPG
After I got that bounty, I put all the "used" veg material in a full-mesh 220 work bag and ran it in the washing machine until I saw a good foam on top. I drained it through a 120 and a 60-ish one. The stuff in the 120-bag was crumbly - more bowl stuff as is. The other stuff was ready to be worked right away. It's still drying before I wrap it and set it back to cure.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the environmentals for the little seedling/clone tent.
The only filtration is what you see, just to keep dust out of the "Raxial" fan. And all my oscillating fans are too beefy for seedlings unless it's on low and indirect, so I got the little USB fan set. Need to figure out how I want to mount them. I'm thinking about using a spacer/hanger bar from an old tent if one is the right size, then making something 'permanent' but adjustable. IMG_0041.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That little fan set was only $15, so no harm messing around with them. I put some epoxy putty on hinges and mounted to the bottom of the fans, then just cutting a board to fit between the tene pipes sould seal the deal.