The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And the tent would be fine with nine 3-gallons, having the three that are in 5-gallons makes this tight.
IMG_9869.JPG
Center rear SL and the one under the fan will be gone first, already showing ambers, but not enough milk yet, lotsa clear.
IMG_9878.JPG
And this is the Mighty-Midget Dank Sinatra. I might keep one of these going from clone for a few runs just to see what happens.
IMG_9880.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Notes

The 2 spots for plants near harvest will take the Left Behind if it shows girly, and then 1-2 of the HC x RS. If there are three I might be able to stuff them all in both rooms before they get too big. Then stuff will start clearing out.

The shortest of the 4 HC x RS is the probably boy - the other three are uniform.

I definitely don't want to flip my veg-tent again - what a pain.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More notes.

I guess waiting to cull a plant until after it shows a few ambers ain't a bad thing... I never planned to keep that many sacred lotus anyway LOL
In want the two corner ones to go full term though. Won't be much longer, but they are definitely two different phenos.

So I'll have some earlier and some later of one pheno, and a second pheno. It's like harvesting three different strains when it comes to cured smoke.

I'm gonna have to get used to culling girls just to stay sane.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Sacred Lotus on the left are plumping up nice now, and I'll cull the HC crosses before I rush them.

There's three plants in the big tent that are on stilts and an empty spot, so the Heisens will probably shift to the tent, and the shorties to the closet with the stuff from the veg tent that'll fit.

MtRainDog

BlĂĽmen Meister
For what it's worth I am not officially a subscriber to the dark period thing. I think it's bro-science - but whatever. It falls into the "can't hurt" category. These plants will get three more days to ripen rather than me chopping them tonight.
I never did the dark period thing either, but when I tried doing a 24hr dark period, I felt there was a noticeable increase in terps and that something was just better about the way it ended up curing. Couldn’t speak to the science of it, but I will do the 24hr dark thing if I have the free space to do it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I never did the dark period thing either, but when I tried doing a 24hr dark period, I felt there was a noticeable increase in terps and that something was just better about the way it ended up curing. Couldn’t speak to the science of it, but I will do the 24hr dark thing if I have the free space to do it.
I have that designated drying closet that has ventillation, so it was an easy choice. If I have one of those fatties that's close when I need room it might be a great option. Other than that I don't think it can possibly make that much difference, other than getting X days riper before you chop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am not as worried about terps. So far I have not had an issue getting them since I start out with good genetics ;)

I am stoned pretty much 24/7 though, so I notice different things about smoke than some people. Everything tastes great in a bowl, but for me good smoke tastes great when you re-light the joint.

Just had some of the G13 Genius from CLG and it has a great floral/spice/sweet/fuel note in a bowl. Same when you first light up. But I can't finish a joint for most strains I have. Re-lit it has a nice caramel/hash flavor - the resin makes a nice oil-ring for that next first hit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Damn Hillbilly Bob put the head fake on me saying the seeds were hard to crack, and put a dud on top of the tube.
So I drop two to be safe and both pop :unsure: :cool: Well played sir, well played :sneaky:
IMG_9914.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got the seeds and clones separated and added a mini heat mat to the clones to keep it warm when the lights are out.
IMG_9923.JPG
Thats 12 Dank Sinatra clones (6 regular, 6 flower) and 4 Left Behind.
IMG_9924.JPG
I have my eye on a few more on the LB (front left) and like the DS it's just to get one or two good plants
IMG_9925.JPGIMG_9927.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I started some major defoiation on the Heisen plants. I'll be getting rid of most of the middle leaves and tightening them up to make room for one more plant. Some are turning and the smells are wild. a few smell just like lemon pledge, one has a fruit punch sweetness. Good stuff.
IMG_9956.JPGIMG_9957.JPG
I may have jumped the gun on stopping the food for the Sacred Lotus - maybe by a week - noted.
I added some liquid qoodies to nudge them past the finish line
IMG_9932.JPG
Starting to get a good bit of milk and some 'amber' which look more golden, like a pilsner.
It looks like when the pistils are done the trichs will be as well.
IMG_9936.JPGIMG_9941.JPG
But it's looking like the SL clone will be the star. Real dark leaves.
IMG_9935.JPG