The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The just-flipped. IMG_9829.JPG
Girls in the middle. Stuck the 1-gallon SL in here until I flip the tent back to veg.
I lost two HC x RS, the 4 on the left ain't girls yet, but they ain't boys yet either. No pistils on any regs
Lost one Left Behind, but two more are probably gone tomorrow - down to one on them probably. If it's just one I may be cloning to get another.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sacred Lotus and a Dank Sinatra in the middle. IMG_9828.JPG
There are 8 more clones to take on the DS - or shoots to prune. So I am getting a bigger dome set-up ready and doing that tonight.
I really only want one more DS, but I have room to veg a bunch and pick one or two.

I want to take the just-pistil'd (I made that up) shoots because of how the same process turned out with this clone of the SL
IMG_9814.JPGIMG_9816.JPG
I left a lot more on this one, because everything was getting fat.
IMG_9822.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am not a patient man. Since the bulk of the plants broke soil I started excavating the other three.
One Rock Island Rocket I found a curl and stopped - wet it and forget it.
IMG_9833.JPG
One RIR and the Sangria Cookies were a no pop.
Once everything in the tent is sexed I'll be dropping a few more beans. including another SC and I'll scuff it and wait for a tail this time.
Took the other clones on the Dank Sinatra, how many I keep may depend on how everything else sorts out.
IMG_9832.JPG
My DIY starting rig and helper
IMG_9831.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I love how some throw all those branches in re-veg it just always takes me longer to get em flipped back over then the weird leaves for a couple weeks then freekin branches everywhere 🙃 woohoo!! Your tent look awesome bro!!!
The clone that is flowering was a topping I tried to sex. The plant ended up getting flipped before it showed, so I put it back in veg. It never really got into flower, but was on 12/12 for about 3 weeks as a clone before getting vegged.

I have done actual flower clones with the re-vegging, wierd leaves, etc and this showed none of that.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@J.James - this got me thinking.

Because of the importance of the dark cycle, could starting plants in 12/12 for 'x' amount of time before putting them in 18/6 be a thing?

Would this stimulate more root growth in the beginning? Then when you put them in veg they can perform better on the upper growth?

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
@J.James - this got me thinking.
Because of the importance of the dark cycle, could starting plants in 12/12 for 'x' amount of time before putting them in 18/6 be a thing?
Would this stimulate more root growth in the beginning? Then when you put them in veg they can perform better on the upper growth?
Iv learned over the years that plants like consistency and slow changes. I've never experienced any lighting cycle that gave me a obvious noticeable results that was beneficial with the exception of running my lights on my cloning shelf for 24 hours a day for the first 14 days. I normally take clones after the plants have been in flower for 2 weeks and 24 hours of light just gives me better success rate.

I'd like to note that I also flower at 11/13 but only so I can open up the space and water 30 minutes before lights on

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_9839.JPG
From the 12 regs dropped I'm down to 5 possible girls, only one Left Behind. The LVTK and the Cheap Thrills are n the middle, and I am going to make room for them in the other tent so I don't need to rig an extra light in here.

If you look for loupes on amazon, there's a new style that's easier to use. That is the little thing at the bottom. Slides open, and has 3 lenses and 3 lights, including UV. Cheap chinese crap from vivosun, but that's all that's out there.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
here's the 5 maybe-girls and the top.
IMG_9843.JPG
I squeezed everything together, tightened up some of the wires holding the tops, and I have room for 1-2 more in here.
I have room for one more 3 gallon in the closet, which covers 3 of the 5.
I'll do some major rearranging once everything gets sexed, probably jumble the tent and closet based on similar height.
IMG_9853.JPG
I haven't checked the tall ugly Sacred Lotus, but the down-potted one is already showing amber, so there's another spot open when I need it. IMG_9848.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mine are starting to root as of yesterday. Took 30 or so. 7 days and I got roots poking out of the root riots.
Cool. Mine are taking a while, but I have had them on 12/12 for a bit until I lit up the seedling thing. I think that after the seedlings get bumped to the tent - after it's back in veg - I may try the 24/0 for a bit.

I am only looking for one good plant to grow for a little bulk.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have had flower clones root in a week - so I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking off before the 6 I took earlier. It would be nice if at least one started and kept pace with the seedlings for size.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The 4 HC x RS and the Left Behind got 3 gallons. This is what I have to fit in the other two spaces over the next few weeks.
I may still have a boy in there, saw one pistil, but there's nothing resembling balls popping after a week. So if I wasted time potting one or two it's recycled soil - no biggie.
IMG_9860.JPG