The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Concerta

That shits whack. Concerta was what my wife qas on. I stole it a couple times and man I didnt like it. Not like adderall afterall haha when its got meth in the name. Its probably some serious shit. Oh ya they give it to kids.
If you need it, and are on the correct dose, then you don’t even notice it, but it does make some people really irritable. I’m only on 20mg now, but I would like to be off of it for good eventually. My wife was prescribed it years ago and she was nasty to me over the littlest things. It took us awhile to realize that it was the meds and she’s been off it since.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Yup.
If you need it, and are on the correct dose, then you don’t even notice it, but it does make some people really irritable. I’m only on 20mg now, but I would like to be off of it for good eventually. My wife was prescribed it years ago and she was nasty to me over the littlest things. It took us awhile to realize that it was the meds and she’s been off it since.
It sure makes sleeping tough. Those in the am and sleeping pills at night. Not good. When she got pregnant, she ditched em. She brought it up a few months ago. I talked her out of it. Thanks God!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yup.

It sure makes sleeping tough. Those in the am and sleeping pills at night. Not good. When she got pregnant, she ditched em. She brought it up a few months ago. I talked her out of it. Thanks God!
It's a 12 hour dose so you have to make sure you take it first thing in the morning so it is long gone by bed time. It's definitely better to be off of it if you can, though, and I go off mine every now and then. I pretty much never take it on the weekends, though. I really only need it to stay focused during work hours.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Small buds are behind me now. Man i am tired of trimming and i am going to train shit better from now on. These girls were kind enough to just grow right in the first place...with some minor leg shaving.
Purple Dream..MONSTER buds.
IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG
Walter white...popped 2 seeds and one was crappy....larfy and weird...and this one was GREAT. Big buds on this one too. Day 57 and ambers are showing up. Started a PHd water flush which is a good idea with the not fancy mineral salts.
IMG_1502.JPGIMG_1501.JPG
Purple Dream #1...the buds are so heavy i have to prop it up with other plants. Day 57 and ambers are lighting up pretty good. I will take it another couple of days and see. Started the flush.

IMG_1490.JPGIMG_1492.JPG
A Seawench and a Heathens Hammer in the 5 footer for now.
IMG_1506.JPG
The bloom room with the trays in. They were really in the way and now i can see how i will put them in as i harvest the room out.
IMG_1484.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I ordered a 16 x 48 x 5 inch industrial tray to use on the other side. Might as well do it all up, They make fantastic drip trays.

In order to preserve height i am going to feed them in short cycles and shop vac it out and if that doesnt work i will elevate them.

But this gives me the full 5 foot 8 to the ceiling joist to work with and these heisenbeans need some room.

After doing the math the 6 inch floraflex pots are right around 1 US gallon

the 8 inch ones are just over 2 gallons.

If these work out what an efficient use of soil or coco.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
16 x 48 x 6 inch tray came in today with a 7 gallon oddjob tote. They are discontinued and when they sell out they are gone.

This one i am leaving intact as a base in a smaller tent for 1 gallon pots.

I have a 14 gallon one coming any minute now....oddjob 14 gallon. I want to see what it looks like because if i use a 27 gallon commander to feed my floraflex over 2 trays one of those under each tray would catch the runoff. :D

Drain to waste because i want to set it....and forget it. Adjust always as needed.

I also went to the hydrostore...why dick around. i am going to run 3 X floraflex bubblers (eventually) plumbed in on 3/4 line from the res in the cooler waiting room.

16 plants. 8 x 6 inch floraflex pots and 8 x 3 gallon pots (coco soil mix). I might split it into two systems i have the gear for it anyway i go.

I know this is the last system i will buy. Im not dying it just makes the most sense...and coco or rockwool should be FANTASTIC.

I am going to cut my soil with coco to get more porosity so i can feed it more often :D oh its exciting.

This morning...day 56 the purple dream was out...buds hard as rocks....reaking of grapey blueberries and thats it thats all...amber trichs glistening but just here and there...put the trimmers down and back in you go for another day or two.

Tropical Dunder too. The buds are really firming up with the extra wait. Veg room is full...seeds sprouting...what have i done.

:D chaos is just right ! i just need a better way to feed the chaos...and no its not the coronavirus forum.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Amazon is crazy...some stuff i ordered yesterday and it shows up today...a ordered a 2 x 2 x 4 tent to replace that 100 pound drywall growbox i made this morning...it will be here within the hour..You just have to know your prices.

The trays are in the room. I like the space and i can put a couple planters in the gap.

IMG_1510.JPG
My lever wire connectors and single core wire showed up...soon i will build that light. The tent is currently my dryer so i have some time.
20200813_040810.jpg
PENDING....i will hold off until i can set things up how i want them unless i run out of room. Look at the schwanky floraflex pots :)
IMG_1512.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I got the cob light apart. Started making a frame out of the angle steel that a drop ceiling is suspended with...i have a bunch of it and...im not doing that.

Tomorrow i will get 1/8th aluminum in 4 foot lengths and build it right. I also ordered A304 stainless socket drive screws nuts and washers so i can mount it right and i can adjust as needed should i move things around.

They are already on copper heat sinks...Big fat ones. So that is an easy mount once i have the parts.

3500 QB120 will go in the centre.

Like the one that HydroRed put in the tutorial with 2 more pieces of aluminum to hold the board. Power supplies will be kept out of the tent to keep the heat more manageble.

And i will build it on 24 inch square (this was 20 i think).

50 to 360 watts variable with 2 separate potentiometers.

HR DIY tutoroal.png
I should have it done by the end of the week. Then i can move things around and make the next light frame for the 2 other boards (3k) and make 1 fixture that i will use in the bloom room with the rest.

This is for the 32 special...360 watts over 7 square feet is....overkill so they can run softer. If i set it at 315 it would be a CMH contender :D

It should be a champ with very even coverage and good light penetration. And i will probably use the tent to run testers in 1 gallon or so pots. Exceptional cultivars can be put back in veg and I have to

Keep it segregated....

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I ordered 3/4 PVC pipe with elbows and Ts.....for floraflex plumbing from the reservoir to the bubbler I can drill the plumbing through the wall into the bloom room.

I can at least cut a little piece to get it started with a bloom room res to see what i will end up with. I will keep it as grow room inventory.

1/2 PVC pipe with elbows and ts...Trellis system is going to fix my floppy top heavy budular problem.

8 foot lengths of 3/4 x 3/4 1/8th aluminum. I think i can make it work or i will figure it out, I can reinforce them if needed.

With the power supplies not being attached to the frame it is the weight of 1 board and 4 cobs. And the copper anodized aluminum heat sinks.

Should be a real head cutter. I have to glue some pipe insulation to the outside of the edge !!! or sliceonara.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
A tray of Heathens gear. 3 Hammers and a Seawench in a Hydrored flood and drain.
DSCF6158.JPG
Hammers are looking great. An Orange....and something skunky funky coming off of it.
DSCF6155.JPG
And SeaWench....The ECSD X SD is really coming through with a very lemon aroma. Very stretchy from ECSD on one in bloom but this one played nicDSCF6156.JPG

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I got the cob light apart. Started making a frame out of the angle steel that a drop ceiling is suspended with...i have a bunch of it and...im not doing that.

Tomorrow i will get 1/8th aluminum in 4 foot lengths and build it right. I also ordered A304 stainless socket drive screws nuts and washers so i can mount it right and i can adjust as needed should i move things around.

They are already on copper heat sinks...Big fat ones. So that is an easy mount once i have the parts.

3500 QB120 will go in the centre.

Like the one that HydroRed put in the tutorial with 2 more pieces of aluminum to hold the board. Power supplies will be kept out of the tent to keep the heat more manageble.

And i will build it on 24 inch square (this was 20 i think).

50 to 360 watts variable with 2 separate potentiometers.

View attachment 68570
I should have it done by the end of the week. Then i can move things around and make the next light frame for the 2 other boards (3k) and make 1 fixture that i will use in the bloom room with the rest.

This is for the 32 special...360 watts over 7 square feet is....overkill so they can run softer. If i set it at 315 it would be a CMH contender :D

It should be a champ with very even coverage and good light penetration. And i will probably use the tent to run testers in 1 gallon or so pots. Exceptional cultivars can be put back in veg and I have to

Keep it segregated....
This is gonna be unreal . Perfect for the 32

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Cobs are in the frame...I remember a trick Big Perm told me and i will get a couple of cheap cords and take them apart...reverse the idea and wire in the light to one end and the power supply to the other.

Then i can unplug them from the power supply to move them around (externally mounted).

Might as well do it 1 time right. Its still a dryer.

Grandkids until Wednesday so i can finish then....and i wanted to make it a proper head smasher...and not flimsy so i went with 1/8th inch 1 1/2 aluminum and everything is bolted with M4 hardware (washers nuts and round head socket screws).

I have a couple pieces of 3/4 inch aluminum that i will get later today. This is for a slot that will hold a QB. It will be exact fit so i can just sit it in the tray. Change it for another one if i need to (or find i want 4k in the centre and 3k cobs). Its solid...like timber solid.

And it would have been BRUTAL drilling all those holes in steel and cutting it nice...it was worth the investment but a new light would have been cheaper lol.

IMG_1560[1].JPG

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Cobs are in the frame...I remember a trick Big Perm told me and i will get a couple of cheap cords and take them apart...reverse the idea and wire in the light to one end and the power supply to the other.

Then i can unplug them from the power supply to move them around (externally mounted).

Might as well do it 1 time right. Its still a dryer.

Grandkids until Wednesday so i can finish then....and i wanted to make it a proper head smasher...and not flimsy so i went with 1/8th inch 1 1/2 aluminum and everything is bolted with M4 hardware (washers nuts and round head socket screws).

I have a couple pieces of 3/4 inch aluminum that i will get later today. This is for a slot that will hold a QB. It will be exact fit so i can just sit it in the tray. Change it for another one if i need to (or find i want 4k in the centre and 3k cobs). Its solid...like timber solid.

And it would have been BRUTAL drilling all those holes in steel and cutting it nice...it was worth the investment but a new light would have been cheaper lol.

View attachment 68786
Now u got me jonesin to get my QB 132 v1 3500k built. The lrs350-36 pushing it , is all wired up, just needs a frame and adversaries to light TF up. Drive bitch yeeehawwww