The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will start posting my grow here. Currently finishing one of my tents and the other is empty. When I move in 3 weeks I will start building my new room and get beans in solo cups.

I am going to build dedicated veg and flower rooms in a space I have just for the occasion.
480 watts of 3k cob
200 watts of 3.5 cob
315 CMH with 3 and 4k bulbs (3k in the flower room)
400 watts of Samsung strips and boards in 4k.
That will run everything.

Strains to be determined but i am leaning to Jack Herer and Trainwreck and a pair of Heisenbeans...:)

And I will try megacrop exclusively with calmag as needed for the RO water.

The current tent is at 5.5 weeks of flower with 1 king tut and 1 gg4. Hopefully this is my last full grow in a tent.
The GG4 is smelling really good. It is an aroma I have not encountered growing yet and it smells really good. The pistols are starting to change color and the frangrance is really changing. I love when they start to come in to their true aroma and you can imagine the flavor.

And this is not a low aroma strain. The KT was not so bad but GG4 is really powerful.

I chopped a KT bud because i want to taste it...the tops have amber trichs (10%) and i want to see how it matures the buds that are under the tops.

I believe with the samsung an even canopy is even more important than it is with cobs. Cobs penetrate further.

This grow will result in 2 harvests per plant. 1 will be just the fat colas and then i will leave the rest for a week and let it ripen. That will be the future for me selective harvesting. Like a harvesting grapes for wine.

This is another advantage of more space and not really needing to fill the space. This is all for personal use.

A funny story. Once upon a time i made home brew beer. I got good at it and i had a system. It got to a point i had to throw parties when i had 10 X 24 beer cases and 5 batches on the go.

Glad i quit drinking that was crazy. :unsure:
20190304_101111.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Last inspection today. Final measurements are ready.
10 x 6 flower room with 2 circuits (1 already there plus a dedicated 15A)
6 x 3 veg room with 1 15 amp circuit.

And without the ceiling tiles the studs are 5 foot 11 from the ground and i have rafters so i can actually stand between the rafters. This is a lot better than the 5 foot 3 i thought i had to work with. Everything will soon be ready to fire up. By next weekend the flower room will be a veg room. And i will build the veg room as i go.

I might use the 315CMH now too :D Oh the options.

A 6 x 6 area for me to put in shelves for my stuff. This will be my forever grow room :D i feel like i am adopting a pet.

I have a contractor coming to hook things up to the box next week. seeds are dropping tonight. My 6 totes of grow gear move there first :D
I will figure out where to vent it. I have options :D 6 inch pipe to a window 20 feet away. 2 4 inch old furnace pipes that are plugged (plastic) about 15 feet from the room. I have lots of 4 and 6 inch duct pipe.

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

And without the ceiling tiles the studs are 5 foot 11 from the ground and i have rafters so i can actually stand between the rafters. I might use the 315 too :D Oh the options.
A 6 x 6 area for me to put in shelves for my stuff.
I have a contractor coming to hook things up to the box next week. seeds are dropping tonight. My 6 totes of grow gear move there first :D
I will figure out where to vent it. I have options :D 6 inch pipe to a window 20 feet away. 2 4 inch old furnace pipes that are plugged (plastic) about 15 feet from the room. I have lots of 4 and 6 inch duct pipe.
Its always exciting have the new place and new setup. Stressful but satisfying!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This is my last plant at my old address..The first place i actually learned how to grow.
Misty water colored GG4 !.

I am going to feed this plant 1 more time. I was running a really light solution to finish off the king tut.

From now on 1 res per strain on the autopots. I can rig 5 gallon buckets to act as a res. Multi strains same solution in this case one needed to flush (leach or whatever) and one still needs some food to pack on buds for 2 weeks.

And for the veg room i think i will use 2 small autopots and a 5 gallon veg res.

I can see it with stunning alacrity and i am wake and BAKED. Arthritis doesn't hurt if you keep ahead of it
gg4 day 57 p1.JPGgg4 day 57 p.JPGgg4 day 57 p3.JPG

Last edited:

Armdog

RDWC GROWER

And without the ceiling tiles the studs are 5 foot 11 from the ground and i have rafters so i can actually stand between the rafters. This is a lot better than the 5 foot 3 i thought i had to work with. Everything will soon be ready to fire up. By next weekend the flower room will be a veg room. And i will build the veg room as i go.

A 6 x 6 area for me to put in shelves for my stuff. This will be my forever grow room :D i feel like i am adopting a pet.

TUT is suppose to be some powerful weed.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
This is my last plant at my old address..The first place i actually learned how to grow.
Misty water colored GG4 !.

I am going to feed this plant 1 more time. I was running a really light solution to finish off the king tut.

From now on 1 res per strain on the autopots. I can rig 5 gallon buckets to act as a res. Multi strains same solution in this case one needed to flush (leach or whatever) and one still needs some food to pack on buds for 2 weeks.

And for the veg room i think i will use 2 small autopots and a 5 gallon veg res.

I can see it with stunning alacrity and i am wake and BAKED. Arthritis doesn't hurt if you keep ahead of it
View attachment 2187View attachment 2186View attachment 2189
I just used the 8 gallon trash cans with pop up lids for rez. Work great and the extra few gallons helps out.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER

I started with 4" duct but had to change to 6" due to smell. Went with the AC INFINITY Cloudline T6. This is awesome fan with temp controller. Best buy I have made. Ramps up and down to temp desired.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Just an fyi to be safe.
Make sure they're really old unused ducts. Older style houses typically had 2 ducts going out of the house for make up air returns. So when the furnace or hot water heater vents the gas vapors out new air can enter the house. Alot of people seal them not knowing they can be creating a carbon monoxide risk. Ones usually high up one low to floor. Usually 6 inch though not four. Always safety. Lol. If they are the make up air vents they should be open. Is the furnace and hot water heater down there? And do they have galvanized ducting going up from them for exhaust?
They are actually the sections of pipe about 3 feet long (cut off 10 inches from the wall) that went from the old exhaust of the original not HE furnance to outside. But they are filled with caulking and i think that might be a nuisance.
I have a contractor coming over to wire me up with GFI and I will see if i can get him to put in a 6 inch vent hole and i will use a 4 inch fan to pull the air from veg to flower room and then scrub it on the way outside.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Today I took out the drop ceiling there is a 4 inch sump vent in the room I will chase tomorrow. Electrician is coming tomorrow for the ground fault circuits why dick around.

I will frame in the flower and grow room too. I popped 2 Jack herer tonight April 1bthe perpetual garden has begun

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will have a 6 x 10 flower room that will use about 1000 watts of mixed lights. I will not expand past this. I have to remember this is just for my personal consumption and friends etc..
It is pulling ambient air which is about 70 degrees consantly in the basement. I may have to use a huey at some point too. Or my dehuey (2 x 20 amp is a good idea).

I will put 2 circuits in here. I will ask about 20 amp GFI X 2 for the flower room. I have 3 knockouts left in the box and will quote 2 and 3 circuits.

The veg room is on a circuit. It is attached to the flower room so i think i can passively pull the air through the veg room and then use the scrubber from there out. This means the total circuit draw would be max 350 watts with a 240 watt 4k strip light and a clip fan (extraction fan not required but if it were it would run low on a veriac).

One day it will be like in Breaking Bad when Skylar opens the container to show him the stack of cash....except it will be jars and jars of weed.

And thanks again for the advice @Jesselikes2grow I was going to go with 15s and 20s makes a lot more sense. The wire is only running 15 feet and it is all drop ceiling so it will be a piece of cake for the electrician.

:D

I started with a cash crop 5.0 then a grandmas secret garden, then a 4 x 4 x 6 1/2 tent with a scorpion mcob (10oz) then a 315 CMH (15oz) then things started getting bonkers...

This is a hobby cannagrowers dream. Its like a woodworker getting a giant shop.

and a 30 x 15 pool. I always wanted a pool. It is like Brady Bunch made, it if they all smoked a lot of reefer and liked eating spicy grapefruit tasting decarbed critical mass buds :D

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
2 circuits were installed 20 amps each and there was a 15 in there. I now have 2/3 a roll of 20/2 wire and 1/2 a roll of 14 2 which should last me every house update i can think of :D

I pained the walls with real fancy waterproof ceiling paintIt was 90 for a gallon and i had 3/4 left from a ceiling painting. The drywall took all of the paint in 2 coats. Its not perfect but i dont care.

And I still might staple some of that giant roll of mylar to some of the walls when i find it...

Today i will frame in a room and drywall it (all leftover stuff)

Attachments

Last edited:

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
2 circuits were installed 20 amps each and there was a 15 in there. I now have 2/3 a roll of 20/2 wire and 1/2 a roll of 14 2 which should last me every house update i can think of :D

I pained the walls with real fancy waterproof ceiling paintIt was 90 for a gallon and i had 3/4 left from a ceiling painting. The drywall took all of the paint in 2 coats. Its not perfect but i dont care.

And I still might staple some of that giant roll of mylar to some of the walls when i find it...

Today i will frame in a room and drywall it (all leftover stuff)
Looks like you are on your way to having lots of fun 😎

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Last night i started the drywall. While I was pulling the steel strips for the suspended ceiling i fell into the sump hole :D And then I had an idea....

The 315 CMH is going over that hole. And I can grow a land race in my flower room. I have a couple of real stretching sativas and i have 5 foot 10 floor to light plus 2 1/2 feet in the sump hole.

The floor has 12 inch floor tiles so it is pretty nice figuring out the light map :D. I think Sunday I will finish this. Later today i will plant my germed seeds into solo cups. I forgot all about them :D

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So there is a 4 inch sump vent in a sump with no exterior hole. I guess it blows out into the sewer drain. Can you vent your grow out there?
I dont think it could hurt anything unless you start getting bubbling toilets or something. You can see the sump hole lid to the far end of the room. I can use this (pulling air through the veg room into the flower room and scrubbing on the way out).

I like the vent tube because it is physically a perfect spot for the vent.

Paddletail

I started with 4" duct but had to change to 6" due to smell. Went with the AC INFINITY Cloudline T6. This is awesome fan with temp controller. Best buy I have made. Ramps up and down to temp desired.
X2 on those fans. I run the 4" on my flower chamber and its quiet. Love how it ramps up and down as well as the interface you can mount outside and see temps, change speeds, etc

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So the dude that had my new house before must have been not right in the head. Every light in the house has an incandescent bulb. There were 12 pot lights in the basement. 600 watts for lights not growing WTF...

How much did you save on bulbs that cost you 25 a month to run...

So I changed out a bunch last night and I will change out the rest. Total was 23 bulbs of 60 watts each which is what my grow room will take (1380 watts).

The lights now total 150 watts (as of this evening). A savings of 1200 watts.... Not too shabby at all.

I think my hydro bill will be about the same as the last guys with me growing a jungle..