The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
an MxP went into flower. It was a space problem :D
The first pic has 3 plants (purple punch, Dubstep and GG4 in the waterfarm),

The GG4 was having nitrogen deficiency problems related to PH. And I might have fimd it (or the nitrogen fimd it). But it is liking life and the roots are growing in the rez (bubble bucket too).
The 2nd pic is a dubstep and a mystery heisenbean. (autopots). One of these was not looking the greatest so i transplanted the weird one (single leaves then 3 bladed leaves) into an autopot because it was green.

The little pot is a dubstep that was not doing well in the autopot and space for my solo cup plant (the orange bucket).

It is full up in the veg tents. And its starting to veg now!

And the flower room is taking 6 x 4 feet in flower currently. Lots of room and 2 lights left to turn on. Friday I might moving something else to the flower room!. (jack herer, train wreck and the 2 individual pics)DSCF1222 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Autopots....sludge is always the nemesis. The UC stuff is helping but globs of crap plug up the fittings so you need to run 1 to 2 quarts through a week to keep them clean.

So I now have a tap at the end of the line to water the 2 in regular pots. :D I can flush out the lines 3 times a week and water them too.

I will just make it a habit to have the autopots in single file so i can maintain the hardware and prevent the drought from a plugged line.

The girls do tell me. IT looks like a deficiency...and it is...it is not getting water :D It was the little one at the back right but it will look pretty good tomorrow now that its drinking again.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
A few updates. Moved the bubble bucket with the purple punch in the flower room. Time to flower a heisenbean or 2.

The roots are filling the 5 gallon bucket and are beautiful and white. The stalk is robust. We might have a POTM contender with this one.

I am fixing 2 autopot plants because i turned the tap on too soon and it kind of screws them up a bit. Anything to slow it down is good i want to actually have a pace and not everything harvests same week.

And that 240 watt strip light is the best veg light i have. It is right up there with the 315 CMH and i think it might be better because the coverage is so tight in that tent. Running at 150 watts its is all the tent can handle. The QB135 was paired up with the mars light to see if i can duplicate the growth.

I wanted to put this in the flower room but i think the QB135 can go in there someplace. That light is my 100% veg light forever now. I just need to get a 32 x 32 x 62 inch tent in the future but for now i cant keep up so we are good :D

Every day now they are bigger. The roots filling up the rez and the 4k light are doing it for sure.

The big autopot is starting to gain some ground. That one hit the bottom of the pot much faster because it was a more established plant to begin with. No more hasty up potting for me...

Best hobby ever.....I think this will beat my previous best weight by quite a lot when it actually hits jarring time.

And that is good because i am running really low...the BM is ok and all but wow would it kill you to know what you are selling...good weed is not specific enough for me.

I got some decent ghost train haze from a pal and that has set things back on the right path :D

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Heisenbeans are in the flower room. GG4 and Purple punch. I resorted lighting and where the plants are. Long sleeve shirts here on out.

All the lights are on now and i spread things out a little better. Cobs on the left the CMH back right and the 3k QB light in front of the CMH.

All adjustable lights (cobs and board) are at about 60% power. Temp is holding steady at 26C A solid 79F.

That is with the extraction fan on max....next big shift is swapping the howler fan out for my vortex stealth one. The laundry room sounds like a jet engine is under your feet....very faintly.

And its staying there. lights are hung as high as they can go and i will adjust after stretch if i have to at all. Jack and Trainwreck are going to be close to max height.

I had to move the jack out of the cmh light it was getting too close and showing signs of it. Jack is going to be tricky its stretching like crazy.

Its getting a little full in here. And when i opened up the door this was the first time I could really smell it. Its going to get powerful!

20190605_062324.jpg20190605_063635.jpg20190605_063705.jpg20190605_064837.jpg

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Friday pic.
Day 14 of the flower room at 12-12
Flower room has stablized at 79 degrees with 1250 watts running.
Everything is being fed with 22/5G of MC/BudExplosion
PH 5.8
TDS 1200
Waterfarm needs regular PH adjustment because.....that res is way too small.
The bubblebucket keeps more stable.

Maybe it is the strain as they both get the same feed. Maybe it is airstone vs drip. I just know to keep that PH pen handy.

That MxP is looking incredibly indica....wonder how that happened....Maybe the MXP was the seed i moved and this one is a heisenbean! I mean look at it. That doesnt look landrace sativa to me. Once the flowers set it should be more apparant.

Veg tents have been consolidated to 1 tent and the 4k QB135 was added to the flower room to cover a spot.

All plants that had root farm soil were transplanted to coco. Excluding the MxP which is doing ok so far. The other strains HATED root farm grow dirt.

I guess this song sums it up. Now I have to do my best to not screw it up.

And the seeds do not accept the solo cup challenge....lol i have never had so many problems sprouting seeds. And these are Canucks i have had 2 years and have been 100% germers. lol. This is to teach me humility i guess.
:D Fuck that.flower room day14.JPG

DSCF1242[1].JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I think that weird 3 leafer is the MxP :D.....so that would make it Adub, Purple Punch and GG4 in the flower room :D

And it is very possible the Jack Herer is Trainwreck and Trainwreck is Jack Herer.

One looks a lot more sativa than the other....

Hey at least its exciting...slot machine strain hunt...

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
And i did it to myself....wheres waldos jar of weed he hid real well when he was really really high.

When i grow a strain well it always works. Its like Christmas in August coming by the pool.

A buddy grew some stellar ghost haze and some delicious durban cross of some kind. . So it pays to give away stuff. One day you might be low and a growbro might hit that doorbell buzzer and say hey man heres an oz of the finest 2 strains i nailed in my 4 x 4. Thanks.

And a bunch of gummies.

:D

I think i like durban the most of all flavors of sativa i have smoked but that MxP was close...

And they are both so totally different in taste. And effect. MxP for the best high of all time in a sativa. I wish i had the room it needs or a street light 2 houses over..

The pool just hit 22 degrees C 72 is a lot warmer than 65. I might have to take a dip.

I wonder if that durban flavor comes out in some of the crosses that have the genetics.

The reality is i think every time i grow a stellar strain i think that is the best tasting weed i ever smoked, we all have our favorite flavors and i have tried about 10% of what is really out there.

It really is exciting. And to gift someone some stellar bud is one of the most wonderful gifts I can give. And my buds appreciate it eh.

I need to keep a log IN the grow room....starlog entry #1....where is that jar of weed.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I needed a quadrant of heisenbeans in the flower room so Dubstep joined the party

GG4 2 X Dubstep and 1 Purple punch.

I think i am going to run out of flower room if they bush out much in stretch so might as well load up on flowers.

And the lights are on anyway lets wall to wall some growth and then i know what not to do later!

White widow and Trainwreck flowers. And the order was right. That is goofy looking jack herer. I looked at when i grew it before and the shape is similar. The aroma is different too it has that pungeuncy of skunky hazish and the other one smells more fruity (trainwreck).

They are both hybrids so 8 to 10 week flower is possible..we shall see.
DSCF1243.JPG

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
There was no cultivating to do this morning so i cleaned up the veg room. Wow its looking clean and awesome.
1 small growbox for sprouting
1 larger growbox currently used for storage but will be recommissioned at a later time (QB135 or Mars48)
2 veg tents...1 will become a dryer (the windowless purple one).

And because i have all of these seeds....we dropped 3 more beans this morning

Walter white for the contest (sprouted and should pop out in a day or 2).

These were this AM. The contest is going to have a plant and i have 3 more for the veg tents. I need a couple more 3 gallon pots i think.

Purple Cake....because this sounds like my fave of the bunch..
Skeleton Cookies....glorious bastard cut
Stardawg Corey....Heisen is a generous dude cut

I was wrong...i cant stop sprouting until i run out of room...i have more veg space and a bit of flower room...lets perpetuate this shit !!!

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
And I think mars blurple has been used far too long as a grow light. IT is a mood enhancing grow light. My dead plant looks somehow fuller and more luxurious.

Is it ready?...must be at least an oz on it now.

:)

The sprout is being CULLED....as are the two mutant dwarf things i screwed up with root farm shit. DONE. I have real beans ready. And I was smart enough to get lots of coco last time.

So Stardawg is getting the best i got left for pots. I think this may be the best of the bunch for me for flavor profile and strength. Purple Cake is the other I think are really going to blow my lid.

That MxP is rebounding. It was the weird mutant seed. The one i thought was MxP is in fact DubStep....:D

There are no losers in this game......winner winner winner all round.

I am very grateful for this wonderful community of growers. I am only here now because of chuckers and the people I have met along the way.

I cut my newb teeth elsewhere but I came into the ability a little under the space and now im about even :D

THANKS !!!!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Heisebeans are still vegging out in the flower room. They are taking up more space every day they are stretching wider and taller.

That MxP imposter is getting a lot bigger. Dubstep or Purple Punch.....we shall see

Dubstep is in the autopot for sure and purple punch back right for sure so I will know in a couple weeks.
DSCF1256.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I like to take pics every day. I am in there anyway for about an hour a morning (5:30 to 6:30).

Things are really shaping up. The trainwreck shape is beautiful. It is taking up a full 4 square feet and a bit

Jack Herer is doing well too. Stretch is over now and the buds are setting well.

I am leaving the bud explosion out of the water systems until later in flower. That was some forum advice in the heisenbeans section :D

Stardawg and Skeleton Cookies are both sprouted and solo cupped. These I will veg out a bit and try and get them in the flower room in July. Purple Cake is still soaking and it should be in a cup tomorrow.

Walter White and White Rhino are considering entering the solo cup comp and are starting out.

The flower room is filling up well. Using 4 to 5 gallons of water per day now in the flower room.

I culled both of the weak mutant have no idea whats in the pot plants.

1 is left in the veg tent (high probability its MxP)

train wreck day 18 flower.JPGDSCF1269.JPGJack Herer day 18 flower.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I found some older pics....I have had success along the way. That king tut is the first i ever harvested (photo) it was stellar. Grown with a scorpion cob 550 watt light. The pic is a bud on a pack of rizzlas dry enough to smoke easily. OMG the best Canadian Campfire strain in existence IMHO.

The cheese was crazy too grown with a 315 CMH 3100k all the way. And with the tent keeping it under 80F was a constant battle.

The open space of a larger room has resulted in a constant temperature in the room that so far requires no assistance. Summer may change that but it is subterranean.

Cooled by the earth itself to grow flowers for me...WTF :D

I think I should get better colouration on flowers with the cooler temp. All lights are blasting now and it maintains 25.8 C which is 78.5 F
PERFECTION.....Cannabis NIRVANA

We shall see.

I think the hobby itself for me is 1/2 or better the enjoyment factor. And I will try every kind of feeder because I like to save other people some dough along the way.

Because i bought a cash crop...and a secret garden...The bastards should be nut kicked for schilling so heavily. But that is my opinion.

It does affirm the saying

Knowledge is POWER !. I have more than ever before and I am still learning every day. But some things I will never deal with again...like powdery mildew...I cant get past 55% RH and i have a lot of fans moving shit around now.

I think everyone that smokes should have a garden. There are lots of small options that are cheap. My 5 footer with a light is around 500 bucks all in. I have grown 7 oz in there so i think 10 is possible.

I was so happy to trim that King Tut and now I usually put that shit in the lets make edibles pile and only trim colas for me. That being said this is one of the prettiest buds to date. And the taste was like juicy fruit and bubble gum had a baby and it fucked you up!

I have created the yield formula that is only limited by deviations from the mean that are exemplary

Yield = square footage X ounces.

Lights and experience can double it.

Stupidity can halve it

But it is a good idea as a guideline to know what you can grow in a space. I analyzed over my data over time and its all within that range.

:)
tut.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Friday. Flower room has been 12 12 for 21 days.
All plants being fed by 1200 TDS Megacrop and Bud Explosion. I see the imbalance in the jack herer but i believe it is a little sensitive or needs a slightly differnet PH. I am going to add a bit of calmag (100TDS) on next water top up.
Temp in the room is 25.5 or 78F Reservoirs are staying right at 20 constantly (68F) with lights on. When the lights are off they have to deal with it.

I am glad the Purple punch started setting some flowers. The stretch was every direction and it bushed out really nice. The mystery plant is looking more like a purple punch too.

flower room left side.JPGflower room right side.JPGWhite widow flower day 21.JPGTrainwreck flower day 21.JPGJack Herer Flowers day 21.JPGSMALL TRAINWRECK DAY 21 FLOWER.JPG

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
And the HeisenBeans. Currently using 3 x 4 feet (12 square feet) and 480 watts of 3k Citi Cobs.

And the bubble bucket is my favorite non coco idea. The waterfarm is a bit of a pain in the ass really. The roots are puny compared to the bubble bucket which is ridiculous.

I might grab a bucket and mesh lid. I think i have everything else to make another one for Purple Cake or Stardawg :D
HB PP or DS SETTING FLOWERS.JPGHB GG4 SETTING FLOWERS.JPGHB PURPLE PUNCH EARLY FLOWER.JPGThe Heisen Beans section early flower.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I just did all the math for hydro rates and what this is going to cost. Electricity and Water are going to get me this year with the grow room and the pool but...its worth it.

The grow room running 1000 watts 24/7 costs 65 CDN (50 USD) per month extra....well isnt that sweet fuck all in the grand scheme of things. So even with everything lit and shit vegging and everything it might be 100 a month for all the weed i can possibly consume. And that is 10 grams of the cheap shit at the Canadian pot store. That can be a weekend of mild doob smoking. And edibles consume a lot more than that.

If I did not have a height thing I would try and old school 600 watt light just to see how it works.

Next major project is....this bathroom sink. This is the basement powder room and is about 8 feet from my grow. So this is where it makes the most sense.

I just realized in 1 week i went through 45 gallons of RO water. So as much fun as it is to lug 10 bottles a week to the RO water store Im doing it with a 150 GPD system of some kind.

I need to put a laundry tub of some kind with a decent RO system and tank under it so i can fill the 5 gallon bottles in the sink !

Yes I could use a bigger rez but i do arm curls with the water bottles so i can maintain my fraken hulkularity.

And a pedastal sink is just dumb. You cant fit a damed 1 quart bottle for your garden in it.

WTF were they thinking...:D

Attachments

Last edited: