The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
When flowering should i hang all the lights high and just light it up well ? (40 watts per foot) or should i keep them 12 inches from tops and move the lights as they grow?

With the 315 i always left it tall and they seemed to adjust fine.

With the cobs and samsung i always adjusted them. But if i have enough coverage i think i can keep em high and save banging my head elbows or knees or whatever..
I tried raising and lowering my lights but didn't care for it, now I just leave them stationary as high as they go. It's much easier for me when running perpetual

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
FLOWER

Today is the big day…I am switching the flower room to 12-12. My power bill will thank me :D lol. Actually 600 watts at 24-0 is the same as the flower room lit up at 12 12 But it’s a good problem if they grow awesome fat colas.

The 315 CMH phillips bulb was swapped from Master color (4200) to Master green power (3100)

Currently flowering with the 315 and the timber 200. I will add more lights if they grow wider. Or turn lights on as I introduce veg tent plants into the room.

I am not dicking around with light times I am sticking to the 3 basics…24-0 and 18-6 for veg and 12-12 in the flower room.

Megacrop 22 MG per 5 gallons (4.4 grams per gallon) so far no tip burn at this rate so steady as she goes.

Added 10mg of bud explosion to the 13 gallon res. I will add 5mg per 5 gallon bottle as I top it up.

I am just running that with a bit of UC root. And so far this is the cleanest rez I have ever had. It smells good. I think autopots need it.

May 24 these were switched to 12 12, They will get a final defloliate in 3 weeks but I will pretty much let them grow out.

White Widow/Jack Herer/TrainWreck

Regardless of Canuck claims they are all 10 to 12 week strains and I will let them go until ripe. 12 weeks is August 5. That works for me! Tiles are 12 inches for reference. That makes shit easier to figure!
DSCF1182.JPG

Veg Tent #1 240W Samsung Strips in 4k running at 150 watts (Killawatt Verfied).

The waterfarm/bubble buckets are starting to slowly grow. The warmth is really helping them turn around and that GG4 is still holding on..

These may be murdered by me during this learning process, but I think I can dooo eeet.

82 degrees 35 to 40% RH

TDS 600 on all and PH 6.4

DSCF1169.JPG

Veg Tent #2 QB135 in 4k

82 degrees 35 to 40% RH

TDS 600 PH 6.3 hand watering everything

Everything is taking hold in this tent. I expect decent growth this week.

Whatever gets big enough the fastest goes in the flower room with a new piece of tape and the date and strain if identifiable. I have a feeling they will all show what they are so it will be easy. I have 2 unknowns but they are 1 of 3 heisenbeans (PP/dubstep or WW)

DSCF1168.JPG
And that will be every pot in the arsenal. There is room in that room for all of these i think.

We are officially perpetuating..

I also added a door that i made and will trim out better and put large air intake grates to get more air in the room. The padlock goes on this weekend and it is ready to be just a closet behind that door. :D

Attachments

Streetpro09

Tester
The GG4 in the waterfarm is showing yellowing. It has been really beat up and moved from pot to pot like a stray dog...If it takes hold that is going to be fire.

The MC is at 600 TDS should I increase that amount?
PH 6.4
View attachment 7409
I'd lower ph. Looks like potassium deficiency to me. Hopefully someone else will chime in to confirm before you do anything.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
New 25 L autopot, 2 giant sacks of coco and some assorted line hardware arrived today. Shipping was free so why drive.
The light arrives on Monday. How the hell do they ship from China to my door in 3 days and a letter takes 10 days from here to Newfoundland.

The light was 199.00 all they put down a lower cost price so i did not have to pay duty. Thats 240 watts to my door for 200 bucks usd (270 CDN). Very close to the hortibloom price.

And they assembled it because it fits in the box better, they added a better potentiometer and something else. I cant wait to turn it on and check it out. I think the 660 reds are for show but we shall see.

Now i can have cobs (680W) on one side and CMH and QB (500 to 750W) on the other.

All I might need to finish it is a portable AC unit. I will check it out as we get hotter outside but its times like this i think....wow it was a great idea to put in 2 circuits in that room. I can draw 50 full amps (with the other 15 amp there) and be at 80% load.

Room for a huey, dehuey, heater or AC. Or 2 at the same time..

@Jesselikes2Grow Thanks again man! Going way more was better than regretting not enough.

Just imagine this started off as maybe i will get a 5 x 5 tent to put in the room :D now its 3 times that lol.

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
I checked....it was ph.. Might have been the hydro balls. No more organic tea bagging for me LOL 😷

Now its PH 6.4 and it was 7.2

Thanks @Streetpro09
Oh shit!! I guessed right!?!?! Lmao! I've found most of my issues arise from ph being off. Any time I see a deficiency, ph is the first thing I check now. Glad you got her going in the right direction.

Ps: I also find that i will need to adjust one more time, the next day, for ph to stabilize after its off that far. Then good for a week or so.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
My homemade waterfarm had issues...or the plant did it flopped right over. I pulled out the peat plug because it had beauty roots popping out and put it in my 6,5 gallon autopot.

I will try the waterfarm again when i have a more established plant.

led1k

Really Active Member
When flowering should i hang all the lights high and just light it up well ? (40 watts per foot) or should i keep them 12 inches from tops and move the lights as they grow?

With the 315 i always left it tall and they seemed to adjust fine.

With the cobs and samsung i always adjusted them. But if i have enough coverage i think i can keep em high and save banging my head elbows or knees or whatever..
12 inches is a good starting point but a lux meter (or even a smart phone "lux' meter) will help tremendously. Take a measurement at 12" and compare to +/- 6" and other distances if curious lol. I ran my lights at 12" until I got a meter. I'm at 8-10" now. Closer is better until even coverage is affected.

led1k

Really Active Member
The GG4 in the waterfarm is showing yellowing. It has been really beat up and moved from pot to pot like a stray dog...If it takes hold that is going to be fire.

The MC is at 600 TDS should I increase that amount?
PH 6.4
View attachment 7409
For hydro isn't 5.8 - 6.2 'ideal'? I recently went from a target of 5.8 to 6.1 along with a little epsom in my MC. Tons of new shoots! I also remember in the original MC thread on riu that 6.0+ was a happy place. But it's probably just pissed about the dog treatment...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The PH had lowered in the rez quite a bit. We were at 5.5 and i started at 6.5 so i will watch it closer in the rez.
TDS 1200 5ml of calmagic, MC 22Grams per 5 gallons and bud explosion 5 grams. Ended at 5.8 with some plain water adjustment (where the hell did i put my PH up....)

I added 1 of the hortibloom 240 watt lights to the show. The timber and horti are both at slightly reduced power and are there to spread light more evenly over the flowering plants. I keep moving them wider as they touch each other...room is an awesome thing. Total 650 watts spread over about 6 x 3 feet. I will turn them up as they adapt to the transition. The new light arrives MONDAY !!!

Veg tent 1
GG4 loves the new ph and on the waterfarm and bubble buckets the roots are now in the solution. That is the first time i had one actually take off :D lol.

Veg tent 2
Dubstep and Purple punch are in the air domed autopots establishing roots (i will get it pulling from the rez in about 1 week). MXP was topped for the first time its starting to take hold now.

Full flower tent is coming up in about 2 to 4 weeks. (y)🤪 Glad i dont have any other hobbies.

DSCF1187.JPGDSCF1186.JPGDSCF1185.JPGDSCF1191.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The one that grows the fastest moves to the flower room. I have to get the solo contest machine in a veg tent real soon.
One other upcoming change. I will swap out my generic 6 inch extraction fan for my vortex silent model.

The fan is not loud unless i am in the laundry room an then it is like a tiny jet plane lives in my basement...sort of.

The vortex will remove it. At full clip its 350 cubic feet per minute. It is very close to what i need at full tilt. I will leave the other one mounted in case i revert to the faster louder fan.

This morning i cleaned shit up and then smoked a doob in my flower room with my dog sitting and wagging her tail looking at all of the greenery. She has green paws. :D

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The extraction fan is working aces. My house smelled like sunshine and meadows and the flower room had smoke so thick you could make shapes with your fingers.

:D

A new vape and smoke spot for me.. but i think i have to swap out that closet grow 20 incher for a 30 inch serious scrubber that works and shit....after a harvest i am doing that .

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The new light is here...will be delivered tomorrow i had to pay duty. There is no way around it a 200 dollar to 300 dollar light will cost 25 to 30 bucks for tax

So its in the flower room tomorrow duty paid...300 bucks CDN right to the door all in. Just in time too the cobs are in the wrong section..shit needs to be orderly in the flower room damnit !

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Thursday pics this week i will be out busy tomorrow.

The 2 large autopots had plugged lines. Glad I check this shit every couple of days.

The veg tents are finally starting to grow.

And the new light is in the flower room. Steady as she goes for another week. The only difference is i added more UC Root to help clear out the lines and i will open the fittings again in a couple of days to flush it out good.DSCF1211.JPG

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I was able to pop in 5 minutes before lights out and do some gentle pruning of undergrowth on that Jack. They are drinking at a crazy rate. 5 gallons of nutrient water every 2 1/2 days now.

The veg tents are really taking off. Swapped out the water in the bubble bucket and waterfarm last night and today they were all greener and healthier. I had to up the nutes to 18 grams per 5 gallons.

All autopots are on. The 2 airdomes are now on and starting at lights on (air domes work only with lights on to avoid cooling roots too much).

I have a feeling in 1 week when i have to start the solo cup in a tent the MxP is going into the flower tent. I might have to make it the GG4 in the waterfarm because i want some cuts of the MxP. That was my last seed thanks to a great deal on something i wanted more.

That flower room is going to be nucking futs in the next 4 weeks. I might have to stop vegging until i can make room. 😵😲🤪:love::love::love:

I also think it is a good time to just grow out a couple of 2 and 4 cola plants to get a POTM that is worthy...This is the year.

And those small autopots are going to be sold. I think I want to do fewer BIGGER plants forever. But lets see at harvest time :D
20190531_072419[1].jpg20190531_072424[1].jpg20190531_072412[1].jpg

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The 240 watt Meiju quantum light to the door worked out to exactly 290 dollars CDN . Pretty good deal and exactly the same price as the horti blooms.

I would like to state 1 thing...Made in USA is better. If i were rich i would line the shit with Timbers..But i spent all my dough on a house with a pool...so we fill the room with China made now...figure out what is the best for me and sell the rest and have timber cobs fill it up (because that will be the outcome).

Or maybe its quantum...And if you think this is scientific we have a problem, I cant remember what the fuck is in each pot half the time. So its best guess all the time and for a guy that made it through life on the seat of his pants with horseshoes and a quick wit....it will be empirical outcome :D

Which grows better? well we shall see because in 2 weeks the flower room is everything on.

It is really exciting. I have had the gradual learning curve over the last 3 years from a 16 x 20 grow box to this.

:D Timing is everything

And for the record a hand watererd pure coco pot outperforms a 3.5 gallon autopot

But not a 6. Those pots rock it .

Last edited: