The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I just did all the math for hydro rates and what this is going to cost. Electricity and Water are going to get me this year with the grow room and the pool but...its worth it.

The grow room running 1000 watts 24/7 costs 65 CDN (50 USD) per month extra....well isnt that sweet fuck all in the grand scheme of things. So even with everything lit and shit vegging and everything it might be 100 a month for all the weed i can possibly consume. And that is 10 grams of the cheap shit at the Canadian pot store. That can be a weekend of mild doob smoking. And edibles consume a lot more than that.

If I did not have a height thing I would try and old school 600 watt light just to see how it works.

Next major project is....this bathroom sink. This is the basement powder room and is about 8 feet from my grow. So this is where it makes the most sense.

I just realized in 1 week i went through 45 gallons of RO water. So as much fun as it is to lug 10 bottles a week to the RO water store Im doing it with a 150 GPD system of some kind.

I need to put a laundry tub of some kind with a decent RO system and tank under it so i can fill the 5 gallon bottles in the sink !

Yes I could use a bigger rez but i do arm curls with the water bottles so i can maintain my fraken hulkularity.

And a pedastal sink is just dumb. You cant fit a damed 1 quart bottle for your garden in it.

WTF were they thinking...:D
I think the one i have is a a 150 gpd ro system. I just put a 40 gallon tote on the top shelf of my rack, and run a float valve to it from my ro system. Then I have a hose running out of the tote with a shut off valve on the end. It's like my own little personal water tower for my basement, and gravity feeds the water out fast. I never have to wait for ro water, and I got my 6 site RDWC going and 2 other tents.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This morning i connected the two veg tents to a 4 inch fan in the flower room. Now they are directly hooked up so i get negative pressure in my veg tents. I think I can dry in the tents where they sit. The walls suck in when the fan is at 50% power.

Extraction from the veg tents into the flower room is veriac controlled. The exhaust fan for the flower room is running full out anyway so i was able to use the veriac here where the fan howl was noticeable. Now its whisper quiet.

Everything is working...temps are moving up. I am now at 80degrees F with lights on. I will watch things and see. I may have to find a cooler air intake to add to the flower room air.

And I couldnt just leave that mars light on there. I moved the QB out of the flower room and into the veg tent so we can get it growing better. And i have enough coverage without it for the time being.

The mars light is back on a shelf until i need it again.

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have 1 autopot that used to be really finicky. It is like the float holder is a little too tall and it can leak out the intake slot...and it did.
I moved things around yesterday when i swapped out that noisy fan for the vortex S. Wow is that ever nicer. Half the volume of the other one and not perceptable through the floor ! :D

I have that pot sitting on 1/4 thing to keep the float below that slot and the problem is solved...its like a slightly off design.

But I had 5 gallons of MC water to clean up with paper towels. The good news is there was still 5 gallons left and the floor of the grow room is nice and clean now.

:)

And i filled 9 water bottles yesterday so i am ready. :D

The weird autopot with the disintigrating leaves.....flowering beauty. It was just some weird leaf thing.

The MxP is still surviving.

The 3 autos outside are doing pretty good and starting to throw their 2nd full set of 5 finger leaves.

And the biggest surprise of all....Walter you tough bitch you. I plucked a walter white and threw it on top of the recycle pile for later..it never really recovered from my cold problem, .forgot about it for 2 days and then said WTF and put the 1/2 gallon pot out in the bushes and forgot all about it.

And yesterday I found it and up potted to a 3 gallon bucket with a mix of coco and rootfarm. When it fills that bucket I will put it in a 7 gallon fabric pot i have. It might hermy with that light but it wants to live. And I will get a bag of happy frog next time i need stuff at the hydrostore. But I think walter is going to make it.

And a new walter is thriving. Finally a solo cup entrant and 3 others that came to the party.

And after cleaning it up. The rez took 10 gallons to fill of 13.

For 10 gallons i used 10ml of Silica, 15ml of calmagic, 40 grams of MC and 8grams of bud explosion.

I then added 25ml of UC roots.

Also added dubstep back to the flower tent.

The Jack Herer looks like it has a mag deficiency. It is the only plant getting it and the only one with grodan 1 inch rockwool cubes as the substrate. I have added calmag and will use a bit all the time with the RO water, coco and MC.

Maybe Jack needs a bump of phos. I will top up the tank when in 2 days and make it a bit stronger (the solution). After I clean out the rez real nice.

Now that it is less than half full it will be soon :)

DSCF1315.JPGDSCF1317.JPGDSCF1319.JPGDSCF1322.JPGDSCF1323.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This mornings pics

The mystery plant is a super mystery. Its looking kind of sativa with the leaves....I dont know what it is. Maybe it is MxP

DSCF1343.JPGDSCF1342 (1).JPG

The deciving white widow.

The buds look all puny....and then you reach in there and find out the buds are huge in there. It will stack on some weight.

DSCF1347 (1).JPGDSCF1346.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This will be the next planter. A small ebb and flow based on HydroRed making it simple. When I find the lid for that blue tote i will cut it out perfect to hold the smaller tote. The one shown is yellow but I will use a blue one.

2 pots (i need space for 2 more plants) I think they are either 1/2 or 1 gallon. I will measure them.

This is a small tote. I will also put this tote in the giant black one for spill insurance and to make it darker for nutrient health. I wanted to use a shorter tote. This tote is 4 inches shorter than the 5 gallon bucket so that is an improvement!

I bought a 400 GPH pump and the pipes. I have the rest now so this is a done project soon. The pump is overkill but i have plans for the Commander version...but i need planters now

Purple Cake and a Skeleton Cookies are going in there. DSCF1363.JPG
And the ever expanding garden from the door shot. I have room for that tote and maybe 1 more autopot and then its FULL! And in 4 weeks something is going to chop. I bet that white widow and train wreck are ready in 4 :D
6 autopots on the 1 rez...as soon as i get the last one in I am moving the other rez so i have 2 in the flower room and can adjust the line based on 2 scenarios for nutrient strength or imbalance.

DSCF1356.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
You know i thought those horti bloom lights were awful orange looking. I contacted the vendor and they ARE 97 CRI citizen cobs in 3k :D
Lucky break eh..
So for 180 USD or 270 CDN (25.00 duty included) all in to your door with duty...for 240 watts 4 X 60 watt 97 CRI citi 1212 cobs is a pretty damned good deal. Potentiometer and housing with fans and stuff to. It helps spread around the heat.

I think I might have to get another...:)

And i cut the grass 40 minutes ago for the last time at the old place. Ran into my bud with the buds and he had....purple candy..purple punch X candyshop. Beauty aroma and all golf ball nugs.

I am pretty stoked for harvest now. The taste is fantastic and a really strong awesome bud.

:)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
They are drinking at break neck speed. I was down to 3 gallons in the res and topped up with 5 more.
TDS 950 (18GMC and 2G BE) Added UC roots and PH down to get to 5.5

Lets see how that works for things. I have to add water so frequently it is easy to adjust.

I know how my rez got dirty too. I have a 1 quart rubbermaid bottle i use to hand water 2 plants from the rez. I think coco always stuck to the bottle then got in the rez and then got funky. Ah ha. Problem solved.

Moved stuff around a bit. A little light tinkering with wattage to get the temp just right. Solid 26.0 again or 79 degrees again after 11 hours of lights on. Leaves are 72 to 73

Everything is going ok but i have to go get more water. RO system coming next weekend i think. This is nuts.

50 gallons of water a week :D That is about 5 times anything I have ever done before. CRAZY

The flower room all light space in use! About 40 square feet of it.
DSCF1438.JPG
GG4 Purple Punch and a Jack Herer closer so i can keep my eye on it. Grow you bitch!
DSCF1431.JPG
A pair of dubstep in autopots. I put these in flower really early because I saw what can happen.
Let see what the autopots can do. I might turn that airdome on and see if it works. In veg it made the plant too cold so i think its a dumb idea.
DSCF1427.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The MxP, GG4 and Purple Punch pretty much threw flowers at the same time. Getting near the end of the stretch hopefully..

I think it will be a steady harvest every week or two starting July 14 or 21. White widow then train wreck then jack herer then these 3

Then a couple more weeks and dubstep 1 and 2.

I think it might be perpetual now. I was worrying about nothing :D

The 3 plants are here.
DSCF1443.JPG
Ace MxP flower
DSCF1440.JPG
Purple Punch flower
DSCF1442.JPG
GG4 flower
DSCF1439.JPG

I have found the other autopot problem. 4 planters on 1 line that is 1/4 is about the max you want to go. I am running 7 on the line and i need to clear out the lines quite often. I will eventually run 1/2 pipe to 1/4 inch branch offs for the pots and I think that will fix it all.

The Jack at the back was looking rougher and it is because the pot is dry.

I might just 4 big autopots and other systems. I like that flood and drain a lot more for the simplicity of operation, fewer things to go wrong.

I moved in the other rez and have 2 of them in the flower room (2 x 13 gallons). I will run them 3 per tank and it should fix a lot of problems.

And 2 different strengths are now possible which is kind of nice because some are 2 to 4 weeks ahead of others in the flower tent.

I defoliated the jacks to remove the dead leaves and i smell like a bud emporium. My arms smell like every strain in the garden. I think i will leave it on there a while and smell the rainbow.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Dubstep #1 and #2. I had to adjust something else and go back in and get my camera...and the new tan is coming along so well.

This one has a powerful stem rub smell. The only one that compares in my garden is the GG4.

The smell is different for both but LOUD. IT is going to be something in full flower. Someone beam me up a bigger scrubber!
DSCF1448.JPGDSCF1447.JPGDSCF1445.JPGDSCF1444.JPG

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Dubstep #1 and #2. I had to adjust something else and go back in and get my camera...and the new tan is coming along so well.

This one has a powerful stem rub smell. The only one that compares in my garden is the GG4.

The smell is different for both but LOUD. IT is going to be something in full flower. Someone beam me up a bigger scrubber!
View attachment 11433View attachment 11434View attachment 11436View attachment 11438
gg4 stem rub stinkssssssssssss I might have to change my filter after this round

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I look at the smaller dubsteps i have in autopots and think...maybe autopots work better to tame the growth of these crazy plants.

Because bubble buckets are the way to go if you want them giant. And drip rings might work with more manipulation but I do not like it ...and the roots do not like it...like a bubble bucket.

For my space I am still undetermined but i would say this...I would rather abuse stems and bend shit than grow puny plants. How they will fit in the space well.....

Glad i have a bigger SpAcE to grow these things. Harvest is coming in 4 weeks. Then i have a bit of room. Until then the office smells like dank weed. And i have a 25 plant count so BREATH IT IN!!!