The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have a 5 gallon and 2 gallon home depot bucket with lids...and a GH waterfarm kit (the guts without the buckets). I will cut out the big lid to accomodate the small bucket and then make the drip ring work that way. I will use the float level etc the same.

Ghetto Hydro Aquafarm 2.0...

That is tomorrows plan.

I need a spot for at least 1 or 2 more heisenbeans...the next ones are in 2 gallon pots because thats all i have left :D lol..

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It is now complete and operational...I ran into a problem that is kind of funny.

I used an aquarium air line splitter to branch off the GH air pump and one would work and the new one would not. I pinched the other line it works. Then i changed air pumps same thing. Then I started moving the drip rings and found out they have to be the exact same height. The lower one will get the air the higher drip ring gets nothing. So that is a pain in the ass.

So i swapped it out for a 2 port air pump and it works great....The HD Aquafarm ! Float line works good for draining and for viewing the level. The roots should get bigger than the actual waterfarm because it is bigger.

Waterfarm holds 2 gallons and the bucket holds about 4....Hopefully I dont murder things.

The HD bucket is orange...should i wrap it in something dark? I have never made one of these before :D

For the seedlings I am using 14mg of MC per 5 gallon water bottle shaken not stirred...I then added 5ML UC root culture to help reduce funk...PH 6.4 TDS 640

I abused the crap out of the jack herer it was getting out of hand...stupid thing bounces back every time.

MC does not require added silica...it does fine.

And I have no burned tips...healthiest growth i have had yet...I have flower booster so we should be ok when I flip.

I have 1 last seedling that is for sure going to sprout (PP) and 1 more autopot 25litre coming...

I think I will run the 25 litre autopots with airdomes forever and use the small ones just to veg in the veg tents (and up pot to the big one).

The plan is coming together...

may 19 hb in the farm.JPGmay 19 new waterfarm.JPG

I just thought of something....the area with plants and planters is 3 tents 3 x 3 :D I love my garden.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am going to throw it all in the flower tent and see what happens. 1150 watts of flowering everything.

I am just holding back the QB135 (and a mars48) for vegging anything lagging when i go 12 12. I think a week is going to make a lot of difference on the mature plants. I am hoping these waterfarms get moving too.

I was completely undecided on lights. I am going to wait for the house cheque to clear and puzzle it out. And I am curious to see how the bud density forms with the mix. I situated things nicer for flowering so i am ready.

This is the first time I had so many different lights on at the same time. It is a good idea i like them all with a slight edge to cobs...

In the future i will grow fewer plants and grow them bigger but i got seed crazy....

And WHEN i do add lights i will build 4 cob fixtures with 3k 97CRI cobs (200w) OR samsung boards (240 watt) but im building them myself to cover the inbetween spaces better so i can spread out the room and be wall to wall where i want light.

I have moved the 3 smallest into a tent with the QB135 now so i can see what happens. It leaves more spread out and veg room for the others.

Now one more pool cleaning is in the works....a giant fat doobie of some god bud a friend traded me for canuck seeds :D and I might build a door for that grow room. The pool is getting warmer and the grandkids are lining up...

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I was pondering deep thoughts with a doob and came up with the latest change...I moved all of the babies out of the flower room.
bubble bucket and 2 waterfarms are in a 5 square foot tent with the 240 watt 4k samsung strip light with the QB135 in 4k

The babies in pots I am not sure what I am doing with....are in the other 5 square foot tent.

Friday May 24 I am going to 12 12 in the flower room. Queen Vics birthday and all. She could have probably used some train wreck..

I need to get some herb flowering. Then I can introduce plants as they are ready....Friday it is officially on.
The flower room is still vegging...now with the 315 CMH in 4200 and the Timber 2VL in 3500

Attachments

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
I was pondering deep thoughts with a doob and came up with the latest change...I moved all of the babies out of the flower room.
bubble bucket and 2 waterfarms are in a 5 square foot tent with the 240 watt 4k samsung strip light with the QB135 in 4k

The babies in pots I am not sure what I am doing with....are in the other 5 square foot tent.

Friday May 24 I am going to 12 12 in the flower room. Queen Vics birthday and all. She could have probably used some train wreck..

I need to get some herb flowering. Then I can introduce plants as they are ready....Friday it is officially on.
The flower room is still vegging...now with the 315 CMH in 4200 and the Timber 2VL in 3500
Gotta love over thinking stuff. Lol. I'm the same way! My flower room was a veg room for a little bit. I had to kinda set a date like you did and stick to it. At least then you can get the cycle going and get some flower to smoke!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Well I have to see what its like so i pulled the trigger on 1 kit (2 boards) from Meijiu lighting, .

with my 4k lights actually vegging i need one more light to cover an area just right.

total 3k 3.5k watts will be 1240 watts with 340 watts in veg. I can move the strip board in too and veg with a mars light and the QB135.

I am flowering 40 square feet (55 total with 15 used up with reservoirs and assorted crap.

37 watts per square foot available with veg tents working.

Veg tent 1 with the 240 strip light is way too hot. I turned it down and will adjust lighting to shift it to the flower room and use less light in the tent.

FOLUX-PLUS-V2-240H-2, it include:
1. 2pcs high effiency 288plus V2 pcb board(mix Samsung lm301b and epistar 660nm IR leds)
2. 1pc long black heatsink 632x195x10mm,
3. 1pc meanwell driver HLG-240H-48AB,240W,the dimmer is built in,
4. hang wires, connect wires, connectors, plug wire.FOLUX PLUS-V2-240H-2 A (1).jpg

Last edited:

Srenots

Lookin good in here bro...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Changes from earlier...I added a 4 inch exhaust fan to pull air from the 2 tents into the flower room. The offset hole is not pulling it out of the tents very fast but....i can live with 80F. If it is a problem i will fix the intake into the flower room. It is an awesome circulation fan for the room. I have a real air vortex going on with the positioning of the bigger fans. I will never get PM again !!!

Tent 1 is at 82F and 40% RH QS at 145/240 watts
Tent 2 is at 82F and 40% RH QB135 at full power (150 watts)
Flower room is a steady 72F with 615 watts of light on.

Today i did some defoliation and the last real stem abuse that i will do before they flower. They were looking pretty rough at 5:30 but have bounced back already.

An interesting observation. Since the seedlings and buckets have moved to the warmer climate they are growing better...or actually starting to grow. The colder temp was stalling everything. They are finally getting the next node. They can wait 4 weeks in the veg tents so i have some perpetuality going on.

The individual pics are white widow (3 gallon coco hand water), Train Wreck and Jack Herer (6.5 gallon autopots)

And in other awesome news my 3rd big autopot and coco are on the way and my light left China today and will be here in Wednesday.

DSCF1161.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
What i also find interesting

I smelled of squeezed green stems all day...what a different aroma compared to as it ripens and when it ripens. What an amazing plant.

I LOVE it

I LOVE growing it. and now i can

The cops today announced via adds basically (and i paraphrase).

We dont give a fuck...people are growing weed everywhere now. Unless it is super obnoxious we really do not care..

:D legal is pretty awesome

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The purple cake and GG4XOG are on the way, I fucked that communication right up and thought to inquire and now heisen has it sorted and shipping

Purple cake is up when i clear out a veg tent...grow faster i say...grow faster.

Glad i got that 3k weird chinese light. :D I am going to flower what fits in the light.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
What i also find interesting

I smelled of squeezed green stems all day...what a different aroma compared to as it ripens and when it ripens. What an amazing plant.

I LOVE it

I LOVE growing it. and now i can

The cops today announced via adds basically (and i paraphrase).

We dont give a fuck...people are growing weed everywhere now. Unless it is super obnoxious we really do not care..

:D legal is pretty awesome
I hope they are taking the same stance in Alberta.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I am going to throw it all in the flower tent and see what happens. 1150 watts of flowering everything.

I am just holding back the QB135 (and a mars48) for vegging anything lagging when i go 12 12. I think a week is going to make a lot of difference on the mature plants. I am hoping these waterfarms get moving too.

I was completely undecided on lights. I am going to wait for the house cheque to clear and puzzle it out. And I am curious to see how the bud density forms with the mix. I situated things nicer for flowering so i am ready.

This is the first time I had so many different lights on at the same time. It is a good idea i like them all with a slight edge to cobs...

In the future i will grow fewer plants and grow them bigger but i got seed crazy....

And WHEN i do add lights i will build 4 cob fixtures with 3k 97CRI cobs (200w) OR samsung boards (240 watt) but im building them myself to cover the inbetween spaces better so i can spread out the room and be wall to wall where i want light.

I have moved the 3 smallest into a tent with the QB135 now so i can see what happens. It leaves more spread out and veg room for the others.

Now one more pool cleaning is in the works....a giant fat doobie of some god bud a friend traded me for canuck seeds :D and I might build a door for that grow room. The pool is getting warmer and the grandkids are lining up...
GRANDKIDS?! for some reason, I always pictured you as in your late 20s or early 30s lol

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
When flowering should i hang all the lights high and just light it up well ? (40 watts per foot) or should i keep them 12 inches from tops and move the lights as they grow?

With the 315 i always left it tall and they seemed to adjust fine.

With the cobs and samsung i always adjusted them. But if i have enough coverage i think i can keep em high and save banging my head elbows or knees or whatever..