The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
If I were to use coco in the flood and drain what is the worst thing that will happen?
It is dirty...for a while but eventually that coco will get rooted up and wont shed out anymore.
I have 2 bags of coco and half a dixie cup of clay pebbles so necessity makes you try stuff.

It is slower draining than hydroton so i would run it 5 minutes every 12 hours to start just to see what happens. The solocup contenders are coco in a drip ring and that is not too dirty at all.

I think i would hook both up to the same timer. Has anyone found it to cause a massive problem other than the silty shit everywhere?

The 3 auto amnesia are doing ok too. 2 of them are in flower and 1 is about a week away.20190625_141929.jpg20190624_121700.jpg

Last edited:

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
If I were to use coco in the flood and drain what is the worst thing that will happen?
It is dirty...for a while but eventually that coco will get rooted up and wont shed out anymore.
I have 2 bags of coco and half a dixie cup of clay pebbles so necessity makes you try stuff.

It is slower draining than hydroton so i would run it 5 minutes every 12 hours to start just to see what happens. The solocup contenders are coco in a drip ring and that is not too dirty at all.

I think i would hook both up to the same timer. Has anyone found it to cause a massive problem other than the silty shit everywhere?

The 3 auto amnesia are doing ok too. 2 of them are in flower and 1 is about a week away.View attachment 11594View attachment 11595
When that drains back through the pump once the timer cuts off, that same stuff in the bottom of the tray is now in your pump....which in turn will eventually cause pump failure. You have a filter on the pump that keeps stuff out when sucked in by the pump, but theres no filter when it drains back into the res through the pump. Maybe put a nylon over the fill bulkhead and hold it on with a rubber band? Then you could just pull that off and give a quick rinse every now and again.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am now running the 2 reservoirs and topped up both so i have at least 3 days before i have to do it again.
Both reservoirs are at 900 TDS PH 5.5. I will swing that up to 5.7 on the next top up.

I will build a better flower room door this weekend. I am sure it wont do much but inside that veg room it smells like flowers. The flower room is hillarious.

I checked all the lines and hand watered a couple and topped up the bubble bucket and waterfarm.

Then I noticed that this train wreck is most of the stank in there now. The smaller one is ok but this one is magnificent. I have no idea how many buds there are that are 5 inches are greater in length. The centre of the plant is full of them.

I topped and fimd it while in veg and then pretty much let it go. Like the white widow i did not do any delarfing because...well edibles are my favorite anyway and the machine needs to be fed.

Greasy and crazy glue sticky too. Everything is sticking to me like Griswald after the tree. And trainwreck has a pretty nice aroma. Slightly fruity, peppery hazish with a hint of citrus.
It is really coming on now I think 3 weeks and it is chopable. It might actually finish in 8 from 12 12 and if that is the case wow having strains finish every 8 weeks is a lot better :)

Currently taking up just over 4 square feet (a full 2 x 2) and flowering under the Timber 2VL (200 watts of Vero) in 3.5k

If Heisen made a trainwreck i would have to grow the damned thing outside to fit it someplace.
DSCF1470.JPG
Buds like this everywhere. This is the best looking one I have grown out of the 5 i have run from the 7 pack.
2 seeds left.
DSCF1472.JPGDSCF1475.JPGDSCF1477.JPG

DSCF1471.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Regarding defoliation etc...If you leave the fan leaves on a stalk and strip all but the top buds dont the fan leaves feed that flower? I would think the purpose of the leaves is to provide everything they can to make that flower FAT for seeds.

I like to play around with them but nothing is simpler than topping it twice and throwing it in flower.

Those puny little dubsteps are growing bonkers now too so that is the best plan for now or i have to bend branches later. And smaller pots with maybe 6 per commander flood and drain.

And funny story. I went back in the flower room and defoliated a bunch of burnt and crispy leaves...when autopots run dry you get this problem. I have found what causes it.....the salts stay where they should be and then when you run dry the salts all fuck your plant up, like a dry coco pot.

So i trimmed it all off and then i went out to get some BBQ meat (Pork tenderloins and chicken breasts). I was in checkout and the machine was not working so we had to wait. And wow could you smell trainwreck and jack herer all over. It is stuck to me shoulder to fingertips.

Funny times. At least it wasn't that shitty diaper weed smell.

Last edited:

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
My fuckin man got his goddamn perpetual on! As I write this I'm going back and forth there were so many things I wanted to comment on lol. Especially your shady Jamaican electrician lol. Your flower room is absolutely gorgeous g. That Trainwreck(fav strain) looks and sounds incredible! Where'd you get it if I may ask? Ahaha stinking like shitty diaper in the store. I always love the people who know but don't say anything just give you that look followed by that grin. I've seriously debating doing a f&d with 8 plants lsted into four main with a goal of at least 2 ounces per plant. Sounds good to me lol.
Edit: cause I know I'm forgetting things I wanted to comment on or appreciate. How was that purple candy??? Seriously though bro your garden is looking INCREDIBLE.

D

Deleted member 60

Funny how used you get to the reek of it all, huh?

I trimmed all day one day....then got a call that I had to mail some paperwork in for a real estate deal I was trying to close on....so i grabbed the envelope and headed to the PO.

The old PO in my old town was always busy. 4 windows...still a line most days.

I go in...and stand there about 5 minutes...then I hear the clerk up front say to his co-workers "Be on your toes..I SMELL WEED". I just had to laugh....they thought someone was MAILING weed and I'm just standing there smelling like weed. When i got to the counter the guy looked at me real funny... asked if there was anything hazardous/etc in the box....and I said "No". I then watched him check it in...and turn around and hand it to his coworker...who put it in a bag!

Took that box 2 weeks to arrive at it's destination. They never opened it...they can't without a warrant... my guess is that it didn't reek...cus it was me....so it tripped em up a bit before they released it into the system....

After that I always wanted to just stick a nice, fresh bud in the building behind a bank of lockers/etc just to fuck with their heads....LOL

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Funny how used you get to the reek of it all, huh?

I trimmed all day one day....then got a call that I had to mail some paperwork in for a real estate deal I was trying to close on....so i grabbed the envelope and headed to the PO.

The old PO in my old town was always busy. 4 windows...still a line most days.

I go in...and stand there about 5 minutes...then I hear the clerk up front say to his co-workers "Be on your toes..I SMELL WEED". I just had to laugh....they thought someone was MAILING weed and I'm just standing there smelling like weed. When i got to the counter the guy looked at me real funny... asked if there was anything hazardous/etc in the box....and I said "No". I then watched him check it in...and turn around and hand it to his coworker...who put it in a bag!

Took that box 2 weeks to arrive at it's destination. They never opened it...they can't without a warrant... my guess is that it didn't reek...cus it was me....so it tripped em up a bit before they released it into the system....

After that I always wanted to just stick a nice, fresh bud in the building behind a bank of lockers/etc just to fuck with their heads....LOL
That is too fuckin funny. Please do that one day. Just cause they judged your package cause of your stink lol. I usually have my weed on me and work and sometimes it's a lil strong and I don't notice it but will have coworkers coming up to me saying I reek something lovely or even guests and they just love it usually tryna score, sorry personal use only.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Being legal really changed how i felt about the smell. In the prohibition days i would have showered 3 times. Now I think it is funny, And the cops do not care...even a little bit.

In other breaking news in 24 hours i am mortgage free forever.

In other other breaking news in 2 weeks i marry the most wonderful woman. She dropped 350k on this house until i could cover my bit. She found the grow room and said to me we will find only the perfect house with your perfect hobby grow space and a pool. And it happened like a snap of the fingers.

I belive there is a higher being. And there is purpose and once in a while shit lines up. That was us meeting. Two people who were through the wringer who saw each other.

Crazy shit. The best kind of wonderful crazy. And I am not bragging. I am eternally grateful because when the shit was bad...it was really bad. It got dark for a long while but i have a kid and i have to be the man. And I kept my head down and said be the man...one day shit will work out.

And I did that...and found a girl who wanted that man.

So I am debt free and married (is that an oxymoron?) in 2 weeks. :D

For the record to get married at city hall in Ontario costs 500 bucks. 160 for the license and 340 or so for the ceremony. I want it to be done pronto because we are already committed to each other with all we have into this place. And I fell in love with her when i kissed her the first time. That can actually happen too.

Who knew.

Last edited:

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Being legal really changed how i felt about the smell. In the prohibition days i would have showered 3 times. Now I think it is funny, And the cops do not care...even a little bit.

In other other breaking news in 2 weeks i marry the most wonderful woman. She dropped 350k on this house until i could cover my bit. She found the grow room and said to me we will find only the perfect house with your perfect hobby grow space and a pool. And it happened like a snap of the fingers.

I belive there is a higher being. And there is purpose and once in a while shit lines up. That was us meeting. Two people who were through the wringer who saw each other.

Crazy shit. The best kind of wonderful crazy. And I am not bragging. I am eternally grateful because when the shit was bad...it was really bad. It got dark for a long while but i have a kid and i have to be the man. And I kept my head down and said be the man...one day shit will work out.

Congratu-fuckin-lations G! Reading that gave me a chill of joy for you. Can't wait to be mortgage free. Maybe even find the one too but I'll settle for mortgage free lol

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN

Congrats G! Good things happen to good people, and you are living proof!