The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
So the dude that had my new house before must have been not right in the head. Every light in the house has an incandescent bulb. There were 12 pot lights in the basement. 600 watts for lights not growing WTF...

How much did you save on bulbs that cost you 25 a month to run...

So I changed out a bunch last night and I will change out the rest. Total was 23 bulbs of 60 watts each which is what my grow room will take (1380 watts).

The lights now total 150 watts (as of this evening). A savings of 1200 watts.... Not too shabby at all.

I think my hydro bill will be about the same as the last guys with me growing a jungle..
I was suprised at how much can be saved from changing out incandescents to LED bulbs. I spent about $45 on like 30 new bulbs for every light in the house and saw a $20 decrease in electric the first bill....and that was 2 yrs ago lol so absolutely worth it. The room looks great and I eagerly anticipate seeing some bushes in there soon @gwheels !

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
2 circuits were installed 20 amps each and there was a 15 in there. I now have 2/3 a roll of 20/2 wire and 1/2 a roll of 14 2 which should last me every house update i can think of :D

I pained the walls with real fancy waterproof ceiling paintIt was 90 for a gallon and i had 3/4 left from a ceiling painting. The drywall took all of the paint in 2 coats. Its not perfect but i dont care.

And I still might staple some of that giant roll of mylar to some of the walls when i find it...

Today i will frame in a room and drywall it (all leftover stuff)
<~~~~~jealous

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Can you post a pic? Do you mean a 4" pipe that's in the sump hole pit on the side of it? If so it likely is just part of the foundation weeping drain system that allows groundwater to collect in it and directs it to the sump for removal. If that's the case it leads to nowhere but a dead end under the cement floor.
The sump pump should have a 1.5" or a 2" pipe coming from it going up with a small box as part of it, that's the backflow preventer. Drain pipe should lead outside and be draining out and away from house or leading to a sewer drain in your house somewhere to to be removed. Post a pic of it please and well see what's up.
Right. A French drain , we call it

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Thanks Jesse

I will get a concrete drill bit and a 6 inch exterior vent and a tube of the right stuff to fill it in.
I think it is against the side of the house but i will do some gps stuff and see later.

Any way i do it i have to put a hole in someplace. It would be better to just use the 6 inch stuff i have and put it in the flower room.

The room is good. I have a door that will suffice until I get through some other details. Exhaust is the next priority but i can start vegging in the room now or when the seeds break surface.
White Widow and Jack Herer are in solo cups now.

I have the cobs all hung and the 315 and the QB135. I will use the QB for now.

I decided to go 18 inches between cobs and covering about 6 x 4 with the 3 fixtures

4 x 1 cob then in the middle the TIMBER 2VL and then the 4 x 1 cob This is 680 watts

The 315 in the corner and beside it i will put one of the veg lights if not in use.

It is almost ready...just some details and we are a go.

And i have to clean a lot of gear. But cups are working for a while.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The room is sub level so i had the guy come over that did the wiring. He texted me hey man do you want to sell any of that awesome weed you gave me yesterday. I said sorry man i dont sell stuff but if you come over i will give you a quarter of buds or so and you can tell me what i do with this vent hole.
He came over and then we rented a hole saw for concrete. I said i will give you another half for the job and that is how it went down.

4 inch vent on my 4 inch fan and filter with a reducer. 3 more 6 inch clamps and it is done.

And I am not building a veg room. I will use my grow box to start plants with that mars 48 and move them to the 2 x 3 x 5 tent with a QB and then flower them. I have two of those tents and one can be a dryer when not vegging.

And it all fits really nice. I am moving over a tent now and will move over my GG4 maybe later. That one is weird i am travelling with more than an oz...

lol

Flower room is ready. It will start off as a veg room this one time only. All I need is some killer seeds....

And they are close to ready.

i dont know wtf purple punch is but i want one. Or a black banana cookies or any of those strains i never tasted...I can hardly wait its time to grow some bushes...

Pics will come tomorrow after i spruce up the place and hang every light that is available.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
1000 watts cob and cmh with the qb135 in the veg tent. 240 watts of samsung strip to add. What f
Do you use to control the light timer on 5 lights at once pulling 1300 watts?

The extraction is working. I will set up my vortex fan when i find a oiece ib a tote.

We are a go.

Autopots to start. I have 5 free at the noment and 2 new air domes i have to try.

I have no pgobe cable or internet but this was an oustandibg day. I love my room.

Thanks again for the advice. I know it will take me a while to grow into the space and i cant wait.

Attachments

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
1000 watts cob and cmh with the qb135 in the veg tent. 240 watts of samsung strip to add. What f
Do you use to control the light timer on 5 lights at once pulling 1300 watts?

The extraction is working. I will set up my vortex fan when i find a oiece ib a tote.

We are a go.

Autopots to start. I have 5 free at the noment and 2 new air domes i have to try.

I have no pgobe cable or internet but this was an oustandibg day. I love my room.

Thanks again for the advice. I know it will take me a while to grow into the space and i cant wait.
Multiple digital timers staggered 2 min apart so the amp draw isnt overbearing on startup. This method has always worked for me on bigger gardens.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Veg tent powered by 1 QB 135. When they get big for here i will veg in the flower room. I have 850 watts of available 4k to spread it out and fill some space.
2 jack herer (white cup) 1 white widow (solo) and 2 train wreck put in coco yesterday after sprouting.

I think I will put them all in auto pots. 4 in the 4 gallon ones and 1 in a 6.5 gallon one.

That leaves me with 1 autopot (6.5 gallon) and 2 bubble bucket and 1 GH water farm.

I will get these all trucking along to make room for 3 heisenbeans. to put in the remaining systems.

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have a QB 135 which can max out at 150 watts in 4k and a 238 watt QB strip light in 4k.

For the 315CMH i have the 3100 and 4200k bulbs. Once i get them to a certain size i will veg light up the flower room until i like where they are and then it is a flower room forever.

I can use the 238 watt strip light for a veg light too. I have 2 of the small tents so they can each veg something. I think i have enough in 3k to flower for a while.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Everything is nice and light tite. Ready to grow. I put an electric quartz heater in there because i think I need to heat it up. I ran all of the lights and it tops out at 65F. I will run them an hour or two and see what happens but i think I will be heating that room for a while.

And i have a dehuey i might need a huey too. But hey at least i dont need AC :D

Barefrog

Hola gwheels

For your wall something I did
is used black & white plastic
its easy to wash if you have to
mist for bugs and all. I also have
some on the floor. The plastic of
the wall come over the floor one.

I did not seal them you want all
that to breathe.

My room are 8.5 ft high and I used
a 315 cmh with poulie systems. I
like tall plants and I have no problems.
My oaxaca is very tall so I staple it
around the room on the wall.

I just made some G-Jack if you
want to try some.

Really nice grow room you will
have.

Bare

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I spent some time getting things ready. 2 autopots have air domes. If it works as well as thry claim i will buy more.

Theae are reserved for heisenbeans.

Maybe later i will put the waterfarm together.

Everything i own for growing fits perfectly.so iit wasnt hoarding :)

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Thanks for the heater headsup. I will check it out. The blue thing is an air dome. Inside is a t fitting connected to 4 pieces of bubble nerf dart hose. They are fed air and sit on top of the 2 inches of hydroton and are buried with media. I covered them in grow stones and then 50 50 growstones and coco. It puts o2 at the root zone.
They only cost 10 bucks and up to 130 percent more growth than no airstones.

And i had a spare 2 port air pump. Go figure. Lol

I have internet back tomorrow and i xan figure out how to put the waterfarm together.

And i only have 14 inch airstones. I will.figure something out.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This morning while watering the babies i realized the heat problems i had were from the tent...The lights cause the heat and all but the tent contains the heat and makes shit run hot.
The QB135 is heating up the 20 x 36 x 62 inch tent to 78. All my lights on for 1 hour got to 65 in the flower room.
It makes sense really but it is dramatically different. I think I solved my heat problems.
In my 4 x 4 i ran the 315CMH and the timber 2VL and i kept hitting 90 degrees and was getting heat stress on 3 plants (out of 3).
So that problem is solved.
I also found the perfect container to make an awesome cloner. That grandmas secret garden was good for a storage box AND a container for clones. I will find the rest in spares. I just need a couple fittings and some 1/2 tube and we are good to go.
Funny story too. My soon to be 13 year old was down in the basement and i was working away in my room and next thing you know he is there saying wow. Its like a secret agent grow room. I thought something was up i knocked on the wall and it sounded hollow.
:) legalization made that a lot less awkward.
He said put a locking door on this. Your grandsons may poke around in here.
:D
But this house needed an office (aka the gaming room for the boy) and the garden (AKA the forest, the escape, the MOAM (mother of all medicine).) and a pool and 2 car garage.
:D
It is the best house i ever lived in.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I spent some time getting things to where they need to be. I put 2 train wreck and 2 jack herer into autopots. Each strain is in 1 small and large autopot so i can see if it makes a difference.
I will top feed them for a week to 10 days and then they will feed from the res.
I up-potted the white widow to a 1/2 gallon container. I might put this one outside I will see how it goes.
Things are looking good. Vegging on the 315 in the flower room for the 4 and the WW is in the tent with the QB135.DSCF1129.JPG

Attachments