The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
My wife is driving us up to get the grandkids so...Grandpa just fired up a fat purple punch doob.
My lips are stuck to my teeth at the moment

Every time I grab a bud out of the jar it tastes better than the last bud. It is really grape.

And 3 out of 3 people who have reviewed 3 strains (GG4, PP, and Canuck Trainwreck).
Purple Punch is everyone's favorite. The grape taste and aroma and the power.
GG4 was equally well received but the flavor of purple punch won.

I will have to run that again this winter too. So far those 2 are in the perpetual keeper category (a real perpetual where i grab clones as i put plants in flower).

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Happy birthday G! Are you using the AN nutes in the waterfarm? I've used GH flora series for as long as I can remember in my waterfarms. When I first bought mine they came with the old drip columns and they would clog up at the bottom and with a huge plant that shit is soooo aggravating. I've slowly transitioned mine over to the newer columns and they are much improved but I've still managed to clog one up the GH nutes so I wondered how yours does with what you use? I've always loved the flora series but hate the salt buildup.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Last round i used it with MC. I have a quart of each GH and about a 1/2 quart of AN grow A and B. I will use the AN grow up first because I will not replace it. Unless it results in plants so magnificent i win PoTm! Then I might have to buy more bottles.

MC worked great. No problems with this system at all. Salt buildup is to be expected if you are using mineral salts as ferts so I just let it keep caking on.

Mine i think is the newer waterfarm. I found the 1/4 holes sucked so i drilled them all out with 3/8 and put in a bunch more. Now it will grow better i think. Maybe I will add an airstone too i have spares. I bet it will be turbocharged that way!

The first time with a GH waterfarm and it was a GG4 heisenbean. I had trouble with tough shells if i remember so it was good to get this one to catch.
I got 6 oz from that GG4. Wait til i dial it in!..
I think the EsoBean LVTK X Grape Sato (Welchie) is going to go bonkers in it!

My wife is driving us up to get the grandkids so...Grandpa just fired up a fat purple punch doob.
My lips are stuck to my teeth at the moment

Every time I grab a bud out of the jar it tastes better than the last bud. It is really grape.

And 3 out of 3 people who have reviewed 3 strains (GG4, PP, and Canuck Trainwreck).
Purple Punch is everyone's favorite. The grape taste and aroma and the power.
GG4 was equally well received but the flavor of purple punch won.

I will have to run that again this winter too. So far those 2 are in the perpetual keeper category (a real perpetual where i grab clones as i put plants in flower).
Happy Birthday and enjoy your time with the kiddos. Second, I’m surprised you keep mentioning the potency on the PP. The one knock I hear about it is the strength. I personally love it and was one of the packs I made sure to get early and a few crosses of. Your plants are lovely and have me itching to get the flower room up and going.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I read that too. That it was not as strong or frosty. Maybe it was the lights and temp and genetics and MC or the jazz and self help books (they really liked hearing the Lombardi stuff).
Whatever it was it turned out perfectly. I hope someday we get a cheap send it off to get tested place in Canada. Wouldnt that be awesome.
I would guess its 25%. Walter rings the bell at the same ferocity. GG4 is good but just under.
Having said that maybe the punch hits the gwheels brain better than GG4. There is always that too. People can get baked different off the same doob. Except that the PP fucked everyone up equally :D

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on the strength of PP. The ones that do say its strong say its overly strong. I've never heard she wasnt frosty though. Every pic of the supernova cut is extremely frosty. I've got a cut outside and its piling it on out there and most strains are not as frosty outside imho. Only plant I have frostier is a lemon tree and that thing is crazy.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Happy birthday my dude!

It's gotta have something to do with the terps on purple punch. It seems like a 50/50 split on people saying it's strong or weak, so I'm thinking it just hits different people different depending on their body.

It could be that the people that say it's weak tried it one time, by one (probably commercial) grower, and it just wasn't up to snuff, so they disregard it as being weak regardless.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Thanks to everyone. It was a great birthday. Birthday seeds came on my birthday and everything.

I have an edible hangover and feel dumb as rocks but 2 coffees from now this shall pass. Then its time to see dora and go swimming and all sorts of stuff.

Its boonannas not BBC !.....Meanwhile.....2 coffeess later...

I transplanted some eso seeds. I found a great idea because getting a seedling in hydro pebbles is a pain in the ass. I cut the bottom out of a solo cup. Pushed that bottmless cup into the centre of the hydroton and then can place the seedling and pull the cup up and the hydroton sets it in place.

Eureka for me.

the Space Gorilla are growing like beasts. I realize now where coco is kind of nice. they grow a little shorter. Just enough to squeeze under my lights. I will see with the space gorilla difference (2 in buckets and 1 in coco)
They are getting pretty close to the lights again.
DSCF2176.JPG
Purple Cake is keeping a perfect height (coco pot).
DSCF2171.JPG
Square pot = purple cake...round pot = gmo cake...vegging them out a while until they take up a bigger footprint.
DSCF2169.JPG
Eso testers batch 2 :D
DSCF2168.JPG

Last edited:

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
After second testing...that coconut oil. I have to make it strong line that from now on. :D

Today is my birthday. Woo hoo for me. I go get grandkids today and we are going to have a couple of days by the pool.

In garden news. I have setup the autopots. A pair of 6.5 gallon pots on a reservoir. In the pots 1 purple cake and 1 Eso Welchie. I hope they get along together. The only problem with these board lights...wow are those pricks sharp. Cut your head all the time on them etc. I like timber cobs because you bruise yourself instead of cutting :D
Purple Cake the most mutated plant ever...is growing right out of it and cascading like a vine...Get with the program bitch! (and thanks for cooperating).
The other big one is the Welchie. I might use up the last of my AN sensi perfect GROW formula. We always have so much more grow shit than bloom shit.
Soon as I see roots one of those Eso beans is going in that waterfarm. Its ready to go now I just need to get a plant big enough and put a pump on it.
I now realize you need to keep the veg room full to make the bloom room work right. I was slacking :D all of these water systems spoiling me because they are giants in 2 weeks.
View attachment 18748
Walter White. By the time i smoke this fat doob I am pondering it might get chopped. but i should wait and see if it does amber up...The smell is intoxicating. The opposite of dead skunks and rotting fecal matter weed although that does sound tasty and all.....This one will get chopped now. I just blew it up and its almost completely milky trichs. Right where i like it.
The colour of this plant too. Very pretty like a frosty grey. It can not support the weight of the buds. It has to lean against the wall there or the branches will hit the floor. What a problem...:D(y)
This is flower day 62...almost 9 weeks. She has been fed just PH 5.8 water for the last 5 days.

View attachment 18751
View attachment 18749View attachment 18750
Walter the doob said chop my sister...so I did (and this week i wont have time...the blown up pic shows amber so its drying now.
View attachment 18753View attachment 18754
Happy belated birthday buddy! Hope you had a good one.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Purple punch was frosty and all kinds of delicious. I think i like it so much because its the best grape taste i ever had and wow was it late making grape terps. Last 2 weeks of flower or so and it built in jars. I had no idea it could be so grape. Wow those eso beans will taste goodreceived_511155886288442.jpeg

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
After second testing...that coconut oil. I have to make it strong line that from now on. :D

Today is my birthday. Woo hoo for me. I go get grandkids today and we are going to have a couple of days by the pool.

In garden news. I have setup the autopots. A pair of 6.5 gallon pots on a reservoir. In the pots 1 purple cake and 1 Eso Welchie. I hope they get along together. The only problem with these board lights...wow are those pricks sharp. Cut your head all the time on them etc. I like timber cobs because you bruise yourself instead of cutting :D
Purple Cake the most mutated plant ever...is growing right out of it and cascading like a vine...Get with the program bitch! (and thanks for cooperating).
The other big one is the Welchie. I might use up the last of my AN sensi perfect GROW formula. We always have so much more grow shit than bloom shit.
Soon as I see roots one of those Eso beans is going in that waterfarm. Its ready to go now I just need to get a plant big enough and put a pump on it.
I now realize you need to keep the veg room full to make the bloom room work right. I was slacking :D all of these water systems spoiling me because they are giants in 2 weeks.
View attachment 18748
Walter White. By the time i smoke this fat doob I am pondering it might get chopped. but i should wait and see if it does amber up...The smell is intoxicating. The opposite of dead skunks and rotting fecal matter weed although that does sound tasty and all.....This one will get chopped now. I just blew it up and its almost completely milky trichs. Right where i like it.
The colour of this plant too. Very pretty like a frosty grey. It can not support the weight of the buds. It has to lean against the wall there or the branches will hit the floor. What a problem...:D(y)
This is flower day 62...almost 9 weeks. She has been fed just PH 5.8 water for the last 5 days.

View attachment 18751
View attachment 18749View attachment 18750
Walter the doob said chop my sister...so I did (and this week i wont have time...the blown up pic shows amber so its drying now.
View attachment 18753View attachment 18754
Happy belated brother!!
Depends how ya like your bud right. We are led to believe the more amber it turns the more sluggish the thc makes u feel. And that it turns even more amber after cut and cure. Right? So I do a little of both. Especially with the autos.
I grab the bugs and check for density, viaually obviously look for new growth , but the scope doesn't lie. If I can just focus on the Damn calyx insyead of the sugar leaf beside it. And my big fat shaky hand. Damnit. Dude chop em down!!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Today I moved some stuff around (big surprise). I think it may never get there but its more fun than an easy bake oven!

Skeleton Cookies. I had to bend it like this because it was past the light in the flood and drain.
When I moved it out to take this pic i had to use alcohol to wash my hand. It is really really sticky. It is growing all wild and free. The white rhino is packing buds too.
DSCF2181.JPGDSCF2177.JPG
White Rhino buds. Learning the F&D resulted in some burning. I have backed off the nutes a lot and now when calculating the bud explosion to add include it as the total (i.e. a total of 18 grams combined MC and BE). This doesnt scare me. My whole tent used to look like this just before harvest.
I had doobs so hot they would blow the heater off the tip like a cherry bomb.....Not true but funny. They were sparklers thats for sure. I will flush these out better lol.
DSCF2183.JPG

And this is what i meant for the seedling swap. I dont like those coco sacks so i washed off a welchie in a coco plug and put it in the flower room flood and drain (labelled and dated). Works like a champ and we all have a gabillion of these around. I like these 6 liter square pots. 6 fit in the tray perfectly.
DSCF2186.JPGDSCF2187.JPG
I tried a dubstep smaller bud. It will develop different flavor as we go but this must have been the pine bud i tasted. This one is more pine and it tastes pretty damned great too. Again very different than all others. It was a larfy bottom bud but it still has punch. More research is required...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
White Rhino and Skeleton Cookies are on Day 41 of 12 12 (week 6 complete). Holy crap these are only 2 to 3 weeks away. Veg shit faster Gwheels....More flood and drain plants STAT!!!
Dubstep....very very nice. In a week it will be stellar smoke (and wedding knight and dubstep will both be very smokeable).

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
White Rhino and Skeleton Cookies are on Day 41 of 12 12 (week 6 complete). Holy crap these are only 2 to 3 weeks away. Veg shit faster Gwheels....More flood and drain plants STAT!!!
Dubstep....very very nice. In a week it will be stellar smoke (and wedding knight and dubstep will both be very smokeable).
I had a volunteer pop up in a pot in my veg tent..........I'm thinking it might be a dubstep because I soaked, cracked, potted 2 beans, but only one came up. I always dig up whatever didn't pop and could not find that seed when spreading out the soil on a tray. I used that dirt to fill in a watering rut in another plant, and it popped up is my theory. It's all 5 finger leaves so far. The dubstep that popped, throwing 9's since the third node. That's why I asked you previously about the leaves, I'm trying to figure out what it is, lol. There's a short list of unrecovered seeds. Could be Super Lemon Draino