The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Today i started new beans. The veg room is almost full but things will be moving to bloom sooner or later.
A pair of each strain. I am still trying everything. Every strain that ripens tastes as good as the one before it.
Dubstep. That is FANTASTIC too. Delicious different and strong. The pine taste really calmed down.
Now it is more like a faintly lemon/lime (like a candy not a sprite) pine and delicious weed taste.
In 2 weeks of jar time this will be really fantastic. I say that every time. I like where this is going.

GMO Cake....This little baby really strongly smells of garlic and onions. Like an garlic onion bagel.

The seeds are in cups.

313 Seeds...I have Hydrored Gear in the Garden! WOO HOO!!!
Purple Primate...GG4 X Mimosa....grape, orange and GG4...well I had to drop these beans. THANK YOU @HydroRed !!
HB A-Dub S1
HB Stardawg CC S1

If the veg room is not full the bloom room has lights not in use...I should have built a smaller room (said no one ever) !..

First some Space Gorilla. Wow this one REALLY stretches. That GG makes it have massive internodal distance in a water system. I cropped it and i will probably have to put it in a pretzel hold to make it to the end of flower. They rebounded and are not far off where they were when i bent them.

In a 6 inch square net scrog they would probably work really well flipped at 50% full (the stretch can be fed through the net).
DSCF2192.JPGDSCF2198.JPG
This is Space Gorilla in a 3 gallon coco pot. They should start stretching very soon it just went in this week. It would be nice if it kept a little shorter to fit in a 4 foot tent. But I have tape and a hammer...fit you bitch!
DSCF2197.JPG
Purple Cake in veg (6.5G autopot) and in flower (3 gallons of coco in a 4 gallon pot). Sounds like a country song.
DSCF2194.JPGDSCF2191.JPG
A full veg room with seeds in cups....I am back into the groove again. Its simple. Keep this full and the other one stays full. Good thing I built a bigger veg space.
Purple Cake and Welchie can go in when I cant see the pots anymore. Water systems will go in after i top them twice. I have room for 8 more plants....they have to go in solo cups...ramp it up. FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!
It is pretty cool how a 4k light on 20/4 keeps them nice and compact. They can stretch out in the bloom room.
DSCF2188.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Brownies are cooling. I will try one out later after they cool enough to cut into 32 squares. 30 should last her a couple of weeks and I can see if she likes them. I ended up putting in a bit more oil so they should end up 100mg per brownie with 32 in the tray.
They should be perfect and end in a nap.
I used the hershey cocoa recipe which is pretty good. And I added sunflower lethicin to get it working better.

3/4 cup of canna oil per batch and they taste great. The biggest problem is my wife wants brownies and I can never make them normal or I would just get confused.

So I will be on the hunt for 2 new recipes for baked goods to get baked.

1 for daytime and 1 for night so its simple. And not brownies because other people want to eat them so i need a different baked good. I will scour recipes to find one with enough fat in it.

Wow the first brownies i ever made...you had to be manly to eat the things. They were terrible.

We made another batch and gave them to a friend and he said these are TERRIBLE and we said geeze these are delicious you should have tried the first batch.
Oh yeah. Half a brownie leaves her baked and medicated. Sat brownies and indica cookies. She has been high since and is getting a better quality of life. Eating again too. At least it helps.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Some random stuff. I have the temp back down to 82F Its getting a little cooler at night here.
Plants are growing lush and things are getting more dialed in. I expect that trend to continue and I am just going to get a portable AC and heater and be done with it. If i could get it to 75F I think it will work better.

Skeleton Cookies. It fits now. Wow that bud is really stacking. And this one leaves you smelly if you disturb it. There are a bunch of buds on this one but this was the big one i had to bend out of the way. Now that i have seen @LubdaNugs Black Banana Cookies I can see the similarity in the bud color etc.
DSCF2209.JPG
Mutations. I moved around my Space Gorillas and noticed it has a weird number of blades on the leaves. Must be that Alien OG eh ! Making it all weird and alien. And it is not the odd leaf. They are all over the place with that weird split on the back of the leaf. I might get a bud on a fan leaf with this one!
11 on this one
DSCF2204.JPG
12 on this one.
DSCF2203.JPG
After more careful review. Wedding Night #2 is even better than #1. Much stronger aroma and the flavor is more like vanilla cake and cherries. A stray bud will get you busted. It is really loud. Another 4 oz wedding night (walter white). The big jar is full to the top. Burping time. If it gets too sticky i will put it back in the dryer another day. It smokes :D It will smoke better in a week or 2. I will save it now until then I just had to taste it. I will go get a bud of dubstep and give that a go too.
Wedding Night is for sure keeper #1. Flavor, strength and great yield for minimal bullshit, and they clear my lights sort of !

DSCF2199.JPGDSCF2201.JPG
I bet I love this one too. Purple Cake looking tasty. About 4 weeks to go. Stacking a fat main cola. 2 of my favorite flavors in 1 strain.
The only heisenbean that i have and have not soaked is wedding dub. All others have been planted (4 have been smoked, 5 more in a growth stage)

DSCF2205.JPG

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Some random stuff. I have the temp back down to 82F Its getting a little cooler at night here.
Plants are growing lush and things are getting more dialed in. I expect that trend to continue and I am just going to get a portable AC and heater and be done with it. If i could get it to 75F I think it will work better.

Skeleton Cookies. It fits now. Wow that bud is really stacking. And this one leaves you smelly if you disturb it. There are a bunch of buds on this one but this was the big one i had to bend out of the way. Now that i have seen @LubdaNugs Black Banana Cookies I can see the similarity in the bud color etc.
View attachment 19234
Mutations. I moved around my Space Gorillas and noticed it has a weird number of blades on the leaves. Must be that Alien OG eh ! Making it all weird and alien.
11 on this one
View attachment 19235
12 on this one.
View attachment 19236
After more careful review. Wedding Night #2 is even better than #1. Much stronger aroma and the flavor is more like vanilla cake and cherries. A stray bud will get you busted. It is really loud. Another 4 oz wedding night (walter white). The big jar is full to the top. Burping time. If it gets too sticky i will put it back in the dryer another day. It smokes :D It will smoke better in a week or 2. I will save it now until then I just had to taste it. I will go get a bud of dubstep and give that a go too.
Wedding Night is for sure keeper #1. Flavor, strength and great yield for minimal bullshit. And they clear my lights sort of !

View attachment 19239View attachment 19238
Wedding night huh? Sounds like an all in, balls deep, hot wet and stinky strain!! I like the name. I googled wedding night strain and nada... U got a keeper and a weddingnight™ hahaha walter Walter WALTER!!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
The new name for the tasty strain. It leads me to believe I will love all wedding cake and wedding pie combos. They are frosty girls. Powerful tasty.
Well wtf!! Stupid Google. I'm not up on all the names. This gets confusing. And hes dropping new shit!!
Haha I wonder why it didnt come up when searched. Probably because it is a widely used name and not man grow journals on it yet.
My dude hoooooked me up with this wedding dub and i put in my new fancy hydro setup!! Dude they are catching on! I'm excited. I got like 7 cuts last night before lights out. A dub and MAC x aaw cuts. I have been infatuated with MAC since the beginning. It just has that stature and how it stacks. But the wedding crosses look legit too!!

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN

View attachment 19234
Mutations. I moved around my Space Gorillas and noticed it has a weird number of blades on the leaves. Must be that Alien OG eh ! Making it all weird and alien. And it is not the odd leaf. They are all over the place with that weird split on the back of the leaf. I might get a bud on a fan leaf with this one!
11 on this one
View attachment 19235
12 on this one.
View attachment 19236
Wedding Night is for sure keeper #1. Flavor, strength and great yield for minimal bullshit, and they clear my lights sort of !

View attachment 19239View attachment 19238
I bet I love this one too. Purple Cake looking tasty. About 4 weeks to go. Stacking a fat main cola. 2 of my favorite flavors in 1 strain.
The only heisenbean that i have and have not soaked is wedding dub. All others have been planted (4 have been smoked, 5 more in a growth stage)

View attachment 19237
I've had the random leaf grow from the center before like yours is doing. Any buds forming on the centers of the fans?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Todays stuff. I lost 3 hours in the grow room this morning :D I think this did it!. Walter white bud rolled in walter/gg4/pp rosin then in the same kief. I made my very first moon rocks. Wow this is pretty damned great (its on an old freezer).
DSCF2226.JPG
But i got things better and more permanent :D
Now i am using a tent for a dryer (20 x 36 x 62 inchs) one of those tents with a 4kQB135 for a second veg space and the veg and bloom room. And I am done moving it around its perfect now. Bloom, Tent and Veg room
DSCF2235.JPGDSCF2233.JPGDSCF2232.JPG

And while shopping yesterday i went into a smoke shop that had a kief press that was big enough for me to use to make pucks. And wow it works pretty great (Cost too much but i got dough for my bday from mominlaw).
It makes 7 to 10 gram pucks. Now I can squeeze that and get some rosin for later!
DSCF2239.JPG
White Rhino and Skeleton cookies got a complete water swap. Lots of vegetation floating and its the last swap til the finish.
White rhino turned all sorts of colours but the nutes are dialed in again. Still going to produce some tasty buds.
DSCF2229.JPG
Back to the garage to finish that doob.
DSCF2228.JPG
Wow that shit is StRoNg...time to do house stuff in other rooms!

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Thrift stores are awesome to find the perfect thing....like a seed storage jewelry box !

Organized now in S1.....Cake Variants....All others and then each section for each breeder :D

Great lakes will ship me some soon I will have to adjust the format but it will fit :D lol. Better than a nut jar.
DSCF2242.JPGDSCF2241.JPG

And i pressed both those pucks and got 2.3 grams of rosin (13% yield) pucks are in the ardent with a full pot and i will make brownies later. This is the GG4 rosin. It is a darker colour. WW rosin is a pinkish hue. both are pretty outstanding.
2.3 grams or rosin costs 80 bucks here. Pretty nice to just press some when you want it. I love my hoard.
Brownies were made with 3/4 cup of finely ground and sifted decarbed buds and rosin pucks and 3/4 cup infused coconut oil and 1 tsp of sunflower lethicin. These should be pretty damned HOT coming in. Fire in the hole. I licked the spoon and i thought i just smoked a doob but that was 2 hours ago. I cant wait to try a brownie. I will cut them in 32 squares. I have no idea how much THC but its a lot. More than 100 per brownie. They will taste bitter and nasty but i have had worse brownies. If they work im making more !
DSCF2244.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It is a little unnerving when the brownie starts working 5 minutes after you ate it...that lethicin.

I made 24 squares and i ate 1. Should be great. They taste ok. The weed flour needs to be taken into account for the moistness of the brownie...more coconut oil sounds about right.

Or back off the flour....no more oil is the way to go. And another egg.

This was
3/4 cup infused oil. The oil was medium strength mixed auto and trainwreck buds.
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup of decarbed bud flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup hershey cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vannilla
1/2 tsp salt and baking powder. 350 for 40 minutes make sure you butter the dish. let it cool cut the sides and it should fall out
The weed flour was about 1/2 oz of auto amesia and 1 oz of pucks from today and saved. Decarbed in the ardent first then sifted after being blendered. There was stuff that didnt go through the sifter and that is going into something else. No waste is an awesome way to do it.
These are DeVeStAtOrS.....My eyes are relaxed at 10 minutes in...I am going to go seatbelt myself to the comfy chair and watch something.
DSCF2245.JPG

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thrift stores are awesome to find the perfect thing....like a seed storage jewelry box !

Organized now in S1.....Cake Variants....All others and then each section for each breeder :D

Great lakes will ship me some soon I will have to adjust the format but it will fit :D lol. Better than a nut jar.
View attachment 19349View attachment 19350

And i pressed both those pucks and got 2.3 grams of rosin (13% yield) pucks are in the ardent with a full pot and i will make brownies later. This is the GG4 rosin. It is a darker colour. WW rosin is a pinkish hue. both are pretty outstanding.
2.3 grams or rosin costs 80 bucks here. Pretty nice to just press some when you want it. I love my hoard.
Brownies were made with 3/4 cup of finely ground and sifted decarbed buds and rosin pucks and 3/4 cup infused coconut oil and 1 tsp of sunflower lethicin. These should be pretty damned HOT coming in. Fire in the hole. I licked the spoon and i thought i just smoked a doob but that was 2 hours ago. I cant wait to try a brownie. I will cut them in 32 squares. I have no idea how much THC but its a lot. More than 100 per brownie. They will taste bitter and nasty but i have had worse brownies. If they work im making more !
View attachment 19367
That is about the same size pucks i press. Are you using a bag or just strait pressing? I tried a experiment with rosin flavoring. I posted it in the oil section called flavor the flower.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I dont like the bags. I just press pucks in parchment for 3 minutes at 212 F and put it in the freezer. IT came out like shatter but in 3 minutes it was taffy. Warms up in the silicone in my pocket into dabbable waxy rosin

The brownies are 1 bite brownies for me....lol...use caution. Took a while but its humming along good now...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The difference in rosin pressed from the canuck train wreck to hb GG4, PP and WW was ridiculous. Now I can really see why i was so discouraged before. I pressed a puck of trainwreck and rosin comes out but there is no river of rosin flowing on ;parchment paper. That is what the greasy ones do.

More greasy in the garden is the foreseable future...all I have is fire now and a few canucks for nostalgia.

Not much new to report except purple cake in an autopot in the bloom room. This one will get BIG. I bet its a 5 to 6 oz version of itself. It is now on an autopot using AN Sensi Perfect A and B (Silica/Calmag/Grow at 650TDS running sterile. I had a gallon of the 29% h202 so i made 5 gallons of 3% solution (1.9 litres of h202 and the rest RO water). I have a pump on top of the bottle and its labelled so now i can pump out 1 cup for the big systems or 1/4 cup for bubble buckets. This will probably fix that root rot problem.

I will convert over to bloom after stretch. She went in looking healthy and full of promise!

I did not make cuttings. I need bigger neoprene things. 2 inch colored ones are coming. And more coco ! FULL SPEED AHEAD !
I will give it a go on that GMO cake and Welchie. I have had that clonex for 2 years waiting to be used!

DSCF2246.JPG

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I dont like the bags. I just press pucks in parchment for 3 minutes at 212 F and put it in the freezer. IT came out like shatter but in 3 minutes it was taffy. Warms up in the silicone in my pocket into dabbable waxy rosin

The brownies are 1 bite brownies for me....lol...use caution. Took a while but its humming along good now...
Same here @gwheels i press naked the puck not me.LOL I really do not understand the need for bags when pressing. I could see it if you were going further with the resin. Shatter carts etc. I have been pressing a little different than you. I go for 2min at 190 & 2500psi. When it starts to warm up after being in the freezer that shit is some seriously sticky stuff.

D

Deleted member 60

Funny how different we all are. I love the bags. Pisses me off/I see how it would likely be without them when one pops open. Gotta sit there and pick out pieces of weed from good rosin. I dunno...maybe w/o a bag it all squishes differently(?) Never tried to know...LOL. Might be a good experiment. Not sure how I'd sit and prep 20 pucks for pressing though without doing them each time (?). As it is now I load up a buncha bags...rubber band em...and then take a bag full of em down to the press and go at it...one after the other.

My saviour is having ample product. I'm not even caring about how dry it is anymore. Makes thicker/stiffer/darker ros the older and drier it gets. (most of what I'm pressing now is 11 month cured bud).

Will be nice to get some fresh material to work with soon....but none of it slacks....even dry. I can assure you of that ...heehee. Aren't these things fuckin great?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Funny how different we all are. I love the bags. Pisses me off/I see how it would likely be without them when one pops open. Gotta sit there and pick out pieces of weed from good rosin. I dunno...maybe w/o a bag it all squishes differently(?) Never tried to know...LOL. Might be a good experiment. Not sure how I'd sit and prep 20 pucks for pressing though without doing them each time (?). As it is now I load up a buncha bags...rubber band em...and then take a bag full of em down to the press and go at it...one after the other.

My saviour is having ample product. I'm not even caring about how dry it is anymore. Makes thicker/stiffer/darker ros the older and drier it gets. (most of what I'm pressing now is 11 month cured bud).

Will be nice to get some fresh material to work with soon....but none of it slacks....even dry. I can assure you of that ...heehee. Aren't these things fuckin great?
I don't know about @gwheels but i don't get that much material out side of the flattened puck. Every now and then i get a piece of material outside of the puck and just pick it out and done. @stiickygreen how do you deal with the bags when done pressing. I bought some when i bought the press but my first try was a naked press and i just never saw the need to use the bag.

D

Deleted member 60

I just toss the bags since I have no need to process further for edibles/etc.

Good to hear you get little to no plant matter in the mix. I still am wonderin how you do more than one puck in succession if it's just packed weed...lose..Etc. Packin bags kinda sucks (takes many doobies).... but again...i like to run em fast...and i can clean a parchment and get that shat in the container while one presses (135 secs here) if it isn't too stiiicky and causes trouble like some strains seem to wanna do...LOL.

Maybe I'll give it a go.....but the old man in me says it's unlikely I'll change....fuck...i'm just now gettin the old lady to help pack bags....heehee...

The only drawback I occasionally see with the bags and this OIL SLICK super slick parchment is that you have to get the bag dead center or it will sometimes start slidin and will travel/push out the side of the plate...and then you have to raise the plates and recenter it/do it again. (I don't pre-press other than when this happens)

thanks for sharin'....

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I just toss the bags since I have no need to process further for edibles/etc.

Good to hear you get little to no plant matter in the mix. I still am wonderin how you do more than one puck in succession if it's just packed weed...lose..Etc. Packin bags kinda sucks (takes many doobies).... but again...i like to run em fast...and i can clean a parchment and get that shat in the container while one presses (135 secs here) if it isn't too stiiicky and causes trouble like some strains seem to wanna do...LOL.

Maybe I'll give it a go.....but the old man in me says it's unlikely I'll change....fuck...i'm just now gettin the old lady to help pack bags....heehee...

The only drawback I occasionally see with the bags and this OIL SLICK super slick parchment is that you have to get the bag dead center or it will sometimes start slidin and will travel/push out the side of the plate...and then you have to raise the plates and recenter it/do it again. (I don't pre-press other than when this happens)

thanks for sharin'....
@stiickygreen i have a hand press that i use that is about the size of @gwheels puck. His has a pollan press a little different than a manual prepress. I just pull material from the jar right to the prepress and then strait to the parchment paper and into the press right of way. I am sure you probably want to press more than that at a time. I have yet to try the bags so i do not know how much gets trapped in the bag but i do get very little to no plant material outside of the puck.