The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The harvest is now complete. Wow that was a lot of trimming and thankfully they were easy to trim.

I underestimated yields quite a bit.
Purple Punch...5 oz jarred, 1 to 2 oz on 4 branches drying in the bloom room.
GG4. 2 oz jarred and that tray of buds...this is 5 to 6 oz for the GG4 too. GG4 the buds were all over the place.

Great product with great yields.

Now I am off to the Hydroponics store to get a sack of coco and a new ardent and i will be careful with it now. I miss it already and I have to make baked goods. One of the massive advantages is the low smell and zero sound of that ardent. And I will get some US currency to pay for some awesome new seeds that will be on the way. Its nice to have some room in the garden. But it wont stay that way long.

I think I need more jars and lids too. Great problems.

The jarred stash is 1 1/4 pounds now.
DSCF2054.JPG

And this was trimmed this morning. All plants ready are now trimmed except 4 branches that i will trim when dry.

GG4 made a huge pile of buds that went in the dryer today. Day 66 final chop.
DSCF2053.JPG
I scoped out #2 auto amnesia and it was 20% amber so it also got the chop. The yield was not as much LOL. But I would guess this one is right on 2 oz.
DSCF2056.JPGDSCF2058.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It was an expensive trip to the hydro store BUT now I am stocked up again until the next time. And I got to show them screen shots of that purple punch. The knock out punch.

I got a trim bin. I was never going to do it but WTF i was there. It looks pretty cool and its quality so when the wife and I are trimming we each have a tray !

I got a hash pill press. I will press some buds in this and see how it works for pressing rosin. If it sucks for this I will use it for....hash with the bubble bags. I will also make a better one that can hold more later today but this is pretty cool for pressing Kief!

I got a bale of coco. 20 bucks for a bale and it takes up less space. I already have holy buckets blessed (and drilled with holes) for the occasion.

I got a swanky herb holder to see how it works. It can hold a QP and is smellproof and easy to open and close. I like it so far.

A new ardent....ouch but hey I know it works....perfectly 100% of the time. I like it a lot.

Some disposable scalpels for when i actually try and clone stuff and some assorted containers for rosin and such. I am once again stocked up...this time it should be until year end.

Its only 20 minutes away but I like to avoid it I am a horrible impulse shopper. An example i got a cherry zinger candy kit....The warning is hillarious...gov of canada says keep it to 10mg per gummy. OMG who would get high on that?

I like them around 100 per gummy. Then take 3 or 4 and see how dialed in you got them :D Its not fun unless you wonder when that peak is hitting...and it just keeps getting a notch higher every 5 to 10 minutes :D now thats an edible.

The indoor farmer in Waterloo is a great place for hydro gear. The prices are as reasonable as amazon for most things but you get the knowledge and to impulse shop better while you are there.
And they have a great seed selection from the usual suspects (and some high end gear too).
Some dude was asking for grandad purps while I was there. I said fuck the purps get the Purple Punch from Heisenbeans it will knock your dick off.
First time i ever said that out loud.
lol

I will probably never shop at another hydro store but I would buy lights online. I have lights that are not even on at the monent....so no more light buying for me.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I might be in the pound a month club...so far I am a member July and August !

Also after having grown a under the mixed lights...cobs are my favorite for penetration and bud development. the CMH is no slouch. Boards and strips are great too but the buds are denser with cobs.

This is just my observation from a single round of growing. By this time next year I will be sure!

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I might be in the pound a month club...so far I am a member July and August !

Also after having grown a under the mixed lights...cobs are my favorite for penetration and bud development. the CMH is no slouch. Boards and strips are great too but the buds are denser with cobs.

This is just my observation from a single round of growing. By this time next year I will be sure!
Do you see a difference in trich development with the different lights?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Well what i know is the 3k citi 97 CRI make everything sparkly. The boards have similar trichs but the buds are more solid under cobs.
The cobs and cmh are comparable for trichs as far as I can see but this is one out of one. Heisen tested more than that and stuck it out with cobs. Because they are awesome and grow great weed.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This is what i was doing for the last while. We have the mixed rosin sampler. Walter White, GG4 and Purple Punch came out to play. I didnt weigh the results because i forgot that I dont even care!

The pucks go into edibles which are my favorite anyway. So its only first press honey golden rosin for me FOREVER!

And wow does this taste good. I took a dab of each flavor and then just kept squeezing till i got enough til next week. I love that press. And I hate the bags.

The hash press is great if you need to conserve. I would say its max yield. I have never seen so much squish out of such a small puck before but wow was it compressed.

The rest i used my plastic pipe and squeezed the shit out of it with my man hands. I will stick to this thing and find a dowel to fit inside of it because its the bomb. Next to that squeezing those gummy heisenbuds together works fine. They are glued together anyway

All of the rosin is this colour. There is a pinkish hue to the purple punch. The best taste of all is all 3 in an oiler with trainwreck alegedly but more research is required.

I learned if you want this to work right without blowouts when doing just buds leave a loop in the back of your parchment where the fold is (like a space on the other side with the fold). then the pocket on that side collects as much as squished out on this side.

I wonder how strong a caramel could be...

20190810_131644.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I wonder. RSO..do you think Rosin is the same for the properties vs cancer? I would think its the same or better because you remove solvent completely from the process.

And there is no taste comparison. Fresh cannabis (3 to 5 day dry) presses rosin that has terps so amazing you can identify which strain the rosin came from. It is true. And it tastes as good as how vaping great bud tastes so you can identify the flavors and floral bouquet.

and wow I am really high. That rosin is the shit. It was the HB Trifecta Doob...WW/GG4/PP rosin with some trainwreck to hold it together. Why did i smoke the whole thing?

Why didnt i roll 3 at the same time?

funny story my best bud says so hey man i decarbed a gram of rosin like you said and then i thought wtf and ate it....I knew it was a bad idea 4 hours later when it just kept coming on.

800 mg of thc enabled..LOL In the ardent if you had 85% THC rosin you would activate 98 percent of that in the machine which would be just over 800mg of THC per gram of rosin.
He said it was a solid 8 hours of really high and then it calmed down. On the rez by him they had a buy a fiver get a fiver half off at the rez. 2 of them with rosin for 180 bucks CDN.

He is an edible pro...do not try this at home. We have been stinging ourselves for 15 to 20 years !

I think 450 to 500 is when it really starts getting hot...fire in the hole...COUCHLOCK IMMINENT !!!

The rosin really was easier to grab after 20 minutes in the freezer under the press. I razor blade scraped the last one while they were getting cold and the next one came off in 3 giant blobs. slap slap slap with the tool and it all balled up like taffy.

Shake that laffy taffy!

Oh I am high all right...I have time to smoke 1 more doob before i smoke the next. Lets get it started...pool is a little cooler today but its 77F and if plants can thrive in it I can get my swim on.

I feel a little sublime today .....:D
Holy shit i am at least 2 joints behind...

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Purple punch edibles for the sleep of sleeps. I did make it til 10PM but it was touch and go that last hour.

1 oz of purple punch with 1/2 oz of auto amnesia...decarbed in 2 batches and then infused into 1/2 cup of clarified butter. Now that shit is STRONG.

I think i will just make brownies again. I have costco amounts of cocoa and chocolate chips and it really does mask any residual flavor (I dont taste it but i do eat decarbed buds)

This morning i did a F&D water swap and it went perfect with the 2nd tote. I mixed up a 3% h202 solution and added 1/4 cup so we are good to go now.

The last rez was full of root bits and bits of leaf....it wasnt funky yet but it would get funky without help.

The bloom and veg rooms are working and now i trimmed that pile using the trim bin. Wow it was quite a pile of kief in there after trimming so that thing is awesome. This pile was mostly larfy stuff but i ended up with just over 2 oz with the last branches of purple punch below. All the trim went in the ardent along with enough to get me to 1 oz per 1/2 cup of butter.
If it is 25% It works out to a total of 7000mg of thc...if i retrieve 90% it is still 6300MG for a 1/2 cup batch of butter or oil. Killer anything (brownies of DOOM!)

DSCF2063.JPGDSCF2062.JPGDSCF2060.JPG

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
It was an expensive trip to the hydro store BUT now I am stocked up again until the next time. And I got to show them screen shots of that purple punch. The knock out punch.

I got a trim bin. I was never going to do it but WTF i was there. It looks pretty cool and its quality so when the wife and I are trimming we each have a tray !

I got a hash pill press. I will press some buds in this and see how it works for pressing rosin. If it sucks for this I will use it for....hash with the bubble bags. I will also make a better one that can hold more later today but this is pretty cool for pressing Kief!

I got a bale of coco. 20 bucks for a bale and it takes up less space. I already have holy buckets blessed (and drilled with holes) for the occasion.

I got a swanky herb holder to see how it works. It can hold a QP and is smellproof and easy to open and close. I like it so far.

A new ardent....ouch but hey I know it works....perfectly 100% of the time. I like it a lot.

Some disposable scalpels for when i actually try and clone stuff and some assorted containers for rosin and such. I am once again stocked up...this time it should be until year end.

Its only 20 minutes away but I like to avoid it I am a horrible impulse shopper. An example i got a cherry zinger candy kit....The warning is hillarious...gov of canada says keep it to 10mg per gummy. OMG who would get high on that?

I like them around 100 per gummy. Then take 3 or 4 and see how dialed in you got them :D Its not fun unless you wonder when that peak is hitting...and it just keeps getting a notch higher every 5 to 10 minutes :D now thats an edible.

The indoor farmer in Waterloo is a great place for hydro gear. The prices are as reasonable as amazon for most things but you get the knowledge and to impulse shop better while you are there.
And they have a great seed selection from the usual suspects (and some high end gear too).
Some dude was asking for grandad purps while I was there. I said fuck the purps get the Purple Punch from Heisenbeans it will knock your dick off.
First time i ever said that out loud.
lol

I will probably never shop at another hydro store but I would buy lights online. I have lights that are not even on at the monent....so no more light buying for me.
You will love the trim bin. Hard to shell out 50 bucks for two pieces of plastic at first but worth it. It is becoming a real problem to shop hydroponic stores in my state. I have had 3 of them go out of business in the last couple of years. They all said the same thing death by Amazon! Folks come in see they can get it a few dollars cheaper on Amazon and do just that. SAD. Maybe it will be different when we are allowed to cultivate in my state.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Another question ....something I have never encountered.
The purple cake is a real mutant. I have not trained it it is flattening it self out like that. Throwing weird leaves too all over 4 blades 6 7 8....some 5 but mostly everything is ChAoS
Is there any risk to running that full cycle? I dont care if it is weird looking as long as it doesnt have some weird chance of doing something I never heard of.
I want to let it grow until its ready to flower. Why not the seed made it this far.

Now I have a rough job. I just made some crazy edible coconut oil and someone has to test it...stick to 1 tsp there gwheels...fuck that.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I now have 2 pounds of medium strength infused coconut oil in the freezer and 2 cups of really strong stuff in the fridge. I had 3 tsp left in a mold so it was hot water and that for a baked afternoon.

the new stuff looks scarier green freaky looking coconut oil.
I can tell by the aroma and the look of it that new ardent is doing it better. I might have dropped the old one a few times.

I would try it but 15 minutes in the other stuff started kicking in...Its going to be ripping in 1 hour 30.

I love edibles. I Love the effect and the way it kind of leaves your mind in a euphoric state where you are lifted above the pain that is irritating you normally. The purple punch butter comes in pretty hard (for me starts in 10 to 15 hit speak at hour 2 or so). It lasted 6 hours yesterday and that is a long time for 1 tsp of butter. I bet 3 is awesomer!

If it works enough I really do forget all about it. Best pain meds in history.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Had to do some speed reading to catch up, lol. You're looking nice and medicated over there G! Tons of edibles and tons of great bud! And more on the way, kudos bro. I dig the different grow methods youre trying out. Best way to find what works best for you is to try several different styles. Those dwc buckets are nice, huge plants easy!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Bubble buckets are the best entry level hydro system I have used. The waterfarm is great too but the bubble bucket is easier. And if you have a spare 5 gallon bucket water swaps are a breeze (if you can slug around 3 to 4 gallons of water).

these space gorilla are still stretching but flowers sites are setting. These will be monsters I think. Alien OG X GG4 might get BIG. They went in the bloom room July 27 at 6 inches tall (over the bucket lid). Day 17 of 12-12

DSCF2067.JPGDSCF2066.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Lots of moving around this morning....and bud shots. I turned out a light and put everythng in one area (25 square feet with 720 watts)

Space Gorilla is now restrained. I have more of these goofy shelf things around and I will make another cage for the other one. It will help support those buds when they start drooping from the weight.
DSCF2068.JPG
Walter White
DSCF2079.JPG
Skeleton Cookies looking good in the F&D. The white rhino was way more sensitive to a slightly too high PH but its rebounding (and the water change fixed everything).
DSCF2069.JPG

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Lots of moving around this morning....and bud shots. I turned out a light and put everythng in one area (25 square feet with 720 watts)

Space Gorilla is now restrained. I have more of these goofy shelf things around and I will make another cage for the other one. It will help support those buds when they start drooping from the weight.
View attachment 18060
Walter White
View attachment 18058
Skeleton Cookies looking good in the F&D. The white rhino was way more sensitive to a slightly too high PH but its rebounding (and the water change fixed everything).
View attachment 18059
Now that is thinking out of the box for plant support. I had to look twice i thought it might be a walker at first.LOL