Skunk Hunters

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
That was the only one that purpled a little, the other green ones have more of the skunk/gas. The purple pheno was the one with the Gas/Blueberry smells. It takes trimming to figure out wich one are the stinkers. When I trimmed the green ones it was obvious thats where the Skunk smell was hiding. All this stuff has plenty of potency too. Its like what we used to call creeper. It takes a few minutes to hit you then....🤯 Nice Job @No Waisted Space
See, there's still good shit like the old days. lol

Opie1

Master Grower
Are you guys talking about that Blue Skies Vienna?
There's another goes by I Grow Skunk on THFarmer.
It's highly possible someone still has a decendent in seed form.
There's no telling the amount of seed that's out in prohib lands.
Everyone around collects seeds of some kind. You ain't gonna find them on IG or some grow forum.
Most stuffed them away in a drawer or box and forgot about them.
When the person dies, they get thrown away as garbage.
End of story.
No, not BSV

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Are you guys talking about that Blue Skies Vienna?
There's another goes by I Grow Skunk on THFarmer.
It's highly possible someone still has a decendent in seed form.
There's no telling the amount of seed that's out in prohib lands.
Everyone around collects seeds of some kind. You ain't gonna find them on IG or some grow forum.
Most stuffed them away in a drawer or box and forgot about them.
When the person dies, they get thrown away as garbage.
End of story.
very true ,unless higher power prevails, nature has a way!

D

Deleted member 2835

I personally have a pack of TH Seeds "Skunk XXX" (previously mentioned) that has '82 Kentucky Skunk as a component. Legit or not, it's a thing.

I just haven't seen anyone busting out jars and other people around them saying "that's IT!!!"
I think you're misplaced on calling Adam Dunn a tool he's done alot for the breeding community and continues to produce fire genetics under the Sagemasta Select name. OH and T.H.Seeds is celebrating their 30th anniversary. Say what you will but no one makes it that long in this business without knowing a thing or five...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think you're misplaced on calling Adam Dunn a tool he's done alot for the breeding community and continues to produce fire genetics under the Sagemasta Select name. OH and T.H.Seeds is celebrating their 30th anniversary. Say what you will but no one makes it that long in this business without knowing a thing or five...
I said nothing about his seeds. I was talking about him as a human being - I've seen the podcasts. And he's a tool :)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
hell u have to find good dirt or build it around here, to get them to grow,the ground is sand, red rock,lime stone or clay. very few spots have good soil( most good ground the cops check regular) ,even the flood plain( by the river) is a tough ground to try to grow in.
We have sand and clay here too. Bale of Pro Mix fixes everything. lol
The top soil is glacial run off over an ancient limestone sea bed
with coal deposits that holds natural "humic" acids.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Going back in time. Were a lot of college kids and others smoking hemp?
Listen to the guy talk about the terpene profiles.
It's highly possible that in the 70's, feral hemp was being mixed with Columbian, Mexican, Afgani, Haze, Skunk etc. creating terp profiles.
Kentucky was know for their hollow stem plants. Basically were large pheno hunts in every state hemp grew.
Neville did say he knew a lot about birds.
Did he quail and pheasant hunt? lol
All starting to make more sense now.
Feral Hemp Patch with Dr. Dave West - YouTube

D

Deleted member 2835

It
I said nothing about his seeds. I was talking about him as a human being - I've seen the podcasts. And he's a tool :)
It's rather hard to separate the two to be honest...

D

Deleted member 2835

Do you want me to tell him you think he's a tool? I'm in direct communication with the guy.

D

Deleted member 2835

Do you want me to tell him you think he's a tool? I'm in direct communication with the guy.
Besides I get your gripe about him not doing an S1 with the Kentucky skunk 82 but that's against his morals as far as I'm aware. If you look at their entire seed catalog you'll find one S1 strain and that's only because of Julian his main European breeder.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
So what you're saying is that North America has land race strains? Awesome!
First hemp crop was grown in 1775 in Kentucky. From there it spread to the midwest.
I guess you would call it a landrace strain if it was grown in the area for over 200 years.
My question is, did the hemp smell like a Skunk's ass back then? lol
Did Neville Shoenmaker make any trips to Kentucky and/or the midwest before he left for Amsterdam?
Did Sam the Skunkman?
How did the Skunk plant get to the Kentucky and Ohio area before the rest of the country started seeing it?