Skunk Hunters

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just listened to that podcast on the seedbanks that Breeders Syndicate re-released, and it confirms my initial reaction. The very first seedbank catalog came out in 1984. I graduated in 1984 - and smoked skunk from about '81.

It was around before anyone could buy packs of seeds period.

Then when people could buy packs of seeds the Skunk used was the one Sam took over that was already not skunky.

Looking for skunk in any of those dutch breeders seed packs is a fail. Sam visited them all because he was poor as shit and had kids. Neville, Nirvana, Positronix, maybe more? And all got his skunk in bulk.

But his skunk - and anything made from it - is already a step removed from actual skunk.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yep! Ohio, WestVirginia and Kentucky are those "red" states.
Matt told me Cornbread guys are shady and jumped on the band wagon of scammers.
As far as finding the original, everyone I checked with is dead.
If it was easily accessed, it would be out here.
I highly doubt if any of those people would be on internet forums today. lol

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Dutch seed shops is still your best bet to find those early Skunks.
It was too hard to hide in the states. The law came down hard on the growers after 78'.
Everyone eventually stopped growing and got on with their lives.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dutch seed shops is still your best bet to find those early Skunks.
It was too hard to hide in the states. The law came down hard on the growers after 78'.
Everyone eventually stopped growing and got on with their lives.
What I am saying is that the ONLY skunk to go to europe was the stuff Sam brought that was de-skunkified. Sure it may have some skunky stuff hidden in the deep way-back recessive genepool but it was specifically worlked to hide those smells BEFORE going to Europe - beause the smell was scary in the US like you said. He left the US in desperation with a sack of seeds.

As far as the people in the US growing it - the onegroup you speak of may be older but look at Clackamas Coot etc. that are all over the web, and old as dirt. The prohib moight keep them off the youtube but not the forums. If they chose to do that. I just don't think age is the concern. And if it was a generational family grow - the kids have those seeds/moms/whatever now.

So for Adam Dunn if he has this "82 Kentucky Skunk" - make some flowers and get it out there. Shit or get off the pot. Good weed and a cool name does not a skunk make LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Someone should try a batch of said "skunk" lines with miracle grow or equivilant fertilizers. Lots of guerrilla grows ran it and know we all smoked whatever we got our hands on during the dry summers back in the day.

Another option for someone to try
if he puts it out there I'd trust it to be what he says. Stuff like this is why I trust him.

"*Sterling Skunk is not recommended for indoors as it has been, near exclusively, bred and preserved in outdoor environments and does not exhibit the stability to be grown indoors. Grown outdoors no stability issues were noted."

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Yep! Ohio, WestVirginia and Kentucky are those "red" states.
Matt told me Cornbread guys are shady and jumped on the band wagon of scammers.
As far as finding the original, everyone I checked with is dead.
If it was easily accessed, it would be out here.
I highly doubt if any of those people would be on internet forums today. lol
very true!there might be three left alive that i know ,that had skunk! quite bunch, ask about beans they will tell to order from a mag,(high times).

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
What I am saying is that the ONLY skunk to go to europe was the stuff Sam brought that was de-skunkified. Sure it may have some skunky stuff hidden in the deep way-back recessive genepool but it was specifically worlked to hide those smells BEFORE going to Europe - beause the smell was scary in the US like you said. He left the US in desperation with a sack of seeds.

As far as the people in the US growing it - the onegroup you speak of may be older but look at Clackamas Coot etc. that are all over the web, and old as dirt. The prohib moight keep them off the youtube but not the forums. If they chose to do that. I just don't think age is the concern. And if it was a generational family grow - the kids have those seeds/moms/whatever now.

So for Adam Dunn if he has this "82 Kentucky Skunk" - make some flowers and get it out there. Shit or get off the pot. Good weed and a cool name does not a skunk make LOL
I believe it was Neville that was carrying the "stink" gene pool you're looking for, not Sam.
Follow Nevilles trail.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I believe it was Neville that was carrying the "stink" gene pool you're looking for, not Sam.
Follow Nevilles trail.
From what the guys that nerd out on this stuff say Neville got skunk from skunkman sam. Granted he may have also gotten some n his travels but it seems the nerds would have thought of that - Matt and Notsodog were on that Mr Nice forum while Neville was there and got lots of questions answered from the horses mouth. I go with what they say.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
From what the guys that nerd out on this stuff say Neville got skunk from skunkman sam. Granted he may have also gotten some n his travels but it seems the nerds would have thought of that - Matt and Notsodog were on that Mr Nice forum while Neville was there and got lots of questions answered from the horses mouth. I go with what they say.
There were a lot more guys bringing in seed from other countries beside Neville and Sam. They are just the guys that people have heard about. There's 400 million people in the US. This was way bigger than what is talked about and I will leave it at that.

Smoke_A_Lot

Sam and the Haze brothers were neighbors before Sam ever left the states. Sam went to jail and Neville bought Sam out and started Sensi Seed(?). Neville worked with Gypsie of Nirvana Seeds also. Dinefem was carrying the Critical + (What the so called RKS today in my opinion)
I personally bought 6 or 7 different Skunk lines, Sacred Seed, Sensi Seed included 25 years ago.
Mine carry the esters. There's phenos of floral in mine also.
Bottom line, people just stopped growing Skunk because there was so many new strains being developed.
The market was changing.
Gypsy Nirvana (owner of Icmag Forum) isn't related or has anything to do with Nirvana seeds. Just fyi..