Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Spondylo Grow

Really Active Member
This would be an okay way to store the pollen if you're planning on using it in the near future (1-2weeks). For longer term storage, I would suggest keeping the airtight pollen container in the freezer. This should keep your pollen viable for about a year before you begin to notice a fall off in viability.

After pollen collection, depending on the amount of pollen in the vial, I like to let the vial sit without the cap for a 1-2 days to fully dry before storage (1). Then I cap the vial, and put it in a small 4mil baggie with a desiccant (2). The vials have a drawer in the freezer to stay until I decide to make a withdrawal (3).
Schwaggy, when you pull the vials to be used from the freezer, do you go immediately to the plants and use it right away? Or do you let it sit and thaw for a while? I collected and stored some pollen from a male a few months back. After following all of the above steps, and sealing them up, I've tried pollinating a number of different plants with that pollen and have had no success with it. Tried it thawed on a few plants. Tried it right out of the freezer on a different batch of plants. Had a buddy try some on a couple of his plants, still nothing. Is it possibly just a sterile male that was collected from? Is that fairly common? Thanks in advance.

Count me in, as an interested party in your Schwaggy beans. Really like seeing what you are doing. Wishing you all the best.

So you are finally going public? Congratulations, both to you & the community that will get some killer genetics.

Have you reached an agreement with a seed bank?

Jabba’s Cure update. Dang that outdoor one is pretty. 2nd is the last look at the indoor now hanging in my garage, I will be smoking that in a few days. Sure is stinky.

Keep us posted on your coming out party!
Thank you! I have the okay from a bank to list the seeds, just hammering out the details (handling freebies, price, drop date, etc.)

The Jabba's Stash purpling came through, they look great. Did the 2nd Jabba's Cure retain the peppery mango smell, or did the fermenting aspect mature and change the nose?

Schwaggy, when you pull the vials to be used from the freezer, do you go immediately to the plants and use it right away? Or do you let it sit and thaw for a while?
I usually take out the vial and immediately wrap it in a dish towel to warm up without condensation on the outside of the baggie (reduces the risk of incidental moisture contact from handling a soggy bag) about an hour before the planned pollination.

I collected and stored some pollen from a male a few months back. After following all of the above steps, and sealing them up, I've tried pollinating a number of different plants with that pollen and have had no success with it. Tried it thawed on a few plants. Tried it right out of the freezer on a different batch of plants. Had a buddy try some on a couple of his plants, still nothing. Is it possibly just a sterile male that was collected from? Is that fairly common?
I would suspect there was some moisture in the container. I still get some vials that will dud because there was some moisture left. Usually, you can see the once fine powder in the vial start to clump up like grated parmesan cheese. I collect a few more vials than I intend to use as insurance against a couple vials clumping.

If you notice the amount of pollen in the vials I posted, it's a relatively small amount. So the day or two without the cap to dry out works well. If you are trying to collect and dry out larger amounts of pollen in a small container, you may need to tip the container on its side to spread out the pollen more (increased surface area = quicker drying). I put vials of larger pollen collections in a small tupperware (lid slightly cracked) with some desiccants to create a very dry micro climate to better dehydrate. Your humidity level is something to consider as well. If you are trying to dry out pollen with a 60% relative humidity in the house, the pollen will struggle to fully dehydrate.

I have not come across a male that puts out sterile pollen. I have experienced reversed female pollen that seems sterile. While it occurs, I don't think it's a common occurrence.

Count me in, as an interested party in your Schwaggy beans. Really like seeing what you are doing. Wishing you all the best.
Thank you :cool:(y)

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Thank you! I have the okay from a bank to list the seeds, just hammering out the details (handling freebies, price, drop date, etc.)

The Jabba's Stash purpling came through, they look great. Did the 2nd Jabba's Cure retain the peppery mango smell, or did the fermenting aspect mature and change the nose?
The smell on those intensified big time, almost overwhelming at first. Heavily fuel-like fermenting mangoes. I really look forward to trying it, that pheno had lots of vigor, took every thing thrown at it.

I know you were not planning on continuing the CBD line, but I think there would be plenty of interest in it if you did. :D

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
The smell on those intensified big time, almost overwhelming at first. Heavily fuel-like fermenting mangoes. I really look forward to trying it, that pheno had lots of vigor, took every thing thrown at it.

I know you were not planning on continuing the CBD line, but I think there would be plenty of interest in it if you did. :D
There is a consumer movement away from recent high thc trends. Type II Plants with a more 1:1 thc-cbd ratio are being developed. Anyone see any of these 1:1 strains?

That's a nice smell description. Depending on your experience with the smoke, this may be something that warrants more attention/work. :unsure:

👋 Schwaggy where the beans at?
The fridge :p

I've hashed out most things for the drop soon. I'm very appreciative to have the opportunity to work with Great Lakes Genetics. This is the tentative drop that should be coming soon after the germ test checks out (the seeds have been drying for a few weeks and are in the fridge now).

Packs for sale:
Skunky VA (Chem'91skva x Skunky Brewster)
Skunky D (Chem D x Skunky Brewster)
Hell's Hypotenuse (Hell's Angels OG x Black Triangle)
Hell's Angels OG BX1 [H.A.OG x (H.A.OG x Black Triangle)]
Schwaggy's Afghan Skunk F1 (Green Crack S1 x Granny Skunk)F1

Every pack you purchase will come with a FREEBIE 10-seed pack of your choice from the following list (these may change slightly, but most of these will be available):
  • Chem91JB x Black Triangle
  • Ecto Cooler x Granny Skunk
  • Chem’91skva x Granny Skunk
  • Gelato #45 x Cherry Sunshine
  • Ecto Cooler x Cherry Sunshine
  • Chem Kesey #9 x ‘79Xmas Tree Bud
  • Old School HP x Black Lights
  • Chem D x Black Lights
  • GG4 x Ecto Cooler
I'll be sure to make a drop date announcement when it's decided. I will also include the descriptions/grow notes/photos for each. These will be VERY easy on the wallet ;).

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise

I've hashed out most things for the drop soon. I'm very appreciative to have the opportunity to work with Great Lakes Genetics. This is the tentative drop that should be coming soon after the germ test checks out (the seeds have been drying for a few weeks and are in the fridge now).

Packs for sale:

Every pack you purchase will come with a FREEBIE 10-seed pack of your choice from the following list (these may change slightly, but most of these will be available):
  • Chem D x Black Lights
  • GG4 x Ecto Cooler
I'll be sure to make a drop date announcement when it's decided. I will also include the descriptions/grow notes/photos for each. These will be VERY easy on the wallet ;).
That’s awesome @Schwaggy P
I’ll definitely be getting some but I don’t know which ones yet cause they all sound so good 🔥

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member

Packs for sale:

• Chem D x Black Lights
  • GG4 x Ecto Cooler
Shoot, with a line up like that how are we supposed to choose? I want them all!

Watching them develop & understanding the goal of each project puts it in a different perspective than buying mystery seeds. Getting to be too much drama out there in the seed world, love the transparency of your projects.

Wishing you & the lucky buyers the best of luck. Or we could cut to the chase & just send them all to me. :D (y)🍺🔥

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Shoot, with a line up like that how are we supposed to choose? I want them all!

Watching them develop & understanding the goal of each project puts it in a different perspective than buying mystery seeds. Getting to be too much drama out there in the seed world, love the transparency of your projects.

Wishing you & the lucky buyers the best of luck. Or we could cut to the chase & just send them all to me. :D (y)🍺🔥
Well said.My sentiments exactly.👊👍