Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
If you've been wanting to make seeds but don't quite have the option of a dedicated space, consider using my previous post about flowering out a male in a storage tote in conjunction with this.

Male in Storage Tote Post

Using your vegging mother plants, you can dust their preflowers to pollinate them. They will develop the seeds no problem while staying in veg without needing the plant to put on new flowers. Here is a mother plant that has never seen less than 24hrs of light and also gives up plenty of clones for the flower room.
View attachment 22093

By keeping your male in a mobile tote and using the preflowers of your vegging plants, you can pollinate as many preflowers as you'd like. After the usual 4-6weeks of seed development required, you can make yourself a couple packs of your own crosses without ever needing a separate pollination flowering chamber or sacrificing flower.
View attachment 22094
Fucking Genius Man!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Hey Brominator, after seeing this,I realized I never showed you the veg,mom& clone table/tent you helped me put together.
Good looking out.

They need a haircut as well.All these solo cups are seed moms,3-3.5 months old. Slowly but surely I'm resetting them in the lower half.
View attachment 22035
Are you flooding those trays or just bottom feed by pouring water in trays? Or are you top feeding all those babies?

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Are you flooding those trays or just bottom feed by pouring water in trays? Or are you top feeding all those babies?
Top fed,once a day. I could keep all my moms in the hempy solos,but they drink too fast and wilt after 10 hours of 14/10. All the solos are root bound and have had their roots pruned twice and stuffed back into the solo.
So,I'm going to reset them in 5" pots from clones .I want to keep them more squat. These kinda got away from me as I didn't have the tent when needed.
Some of these have actually been in solos longer than 4 months. I may flower out a few of them shape dependant.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
One of the Durban-Thai Highflyer females. I had a batch hit the flower room about a week ago and this new group is starting to show sex. I have my male selection down to 3, and the Strawberry Cough mother will be getting cut up for clones to be pollinated soon.
Can you reveal your source for the DTHF seeds? I ordered some from primordial but got big sur HW (my fault cause I mixed him up with the freebies) but he's a good dude and I'll order more. I had thought this strain to be extinct for yrs. Strainly gets a lot of criticism but its pulled a lot of the oldies out of the woodwork and for that I'm grateful.

Can you reveal your source for the DTHF seeds? I ordered some from primordial but got big sur HW (my fault cause I mixed him up with the freebies) but he's a good dude and I'll order more. I had thought this strain to be extinct for yrs. Strainly gets a lot of criticism but its pulled a lot of the oldies out of the woodwork and for that I'm grateful.
After the floods of a long brainstorm have receded, I've decided on a base from which to build sativa work.
View attachment 10642
Durban-Thai Highflyer
(SSSC Durban-Thai Highlyer '92 x Cinderella '98 F2)
Fleur du Mal Seeds

The Super Sativa Seed Club description for the Durban-Thai Highflyer
View attachment 10643

This pairing (D-T Highflyer x C99) has appeared before as an original regular release from the first iteration of Bros. Grimm as DTC99 from 1999. These seeds have been worked from the original DTC99 release toward the Durban-Thai Highflyer.
View attachment 10644

I wanted a sativa with the no-ceiling euphoric high without the 16-20week flowering time. Given this goal with my preference for vintage genetics and I was quite pleased to have found these. They are being popped right now and I'll update periodically. This strain will get chucked on some nice clones, but as far as which pair will go on for further work, it's between Skunk#1, G13 Skunk, or G13 Haze. I'll have a better idea when I can see what's what.

D

Deleted member 60

An online version...

D

Deleted member 60

I ran the "M39" for 15 years..clone only. It was renamed "Wheelchair Crippler" here in Colorado and was a clone that was held high in the hills West of Boulder for years. I didn't make the SSSC connection for years 'til i saw that catalog.

"The Wheel" never yielded very well.....but I was also in my infancy as a grower...PRE-Internet.....no info to be had. It was all trial and error. Bought 6 clones for $120 in '91 and learned to clone....and that set me in motion big time. Some of THE best pot I've ever grown. It just ticked all the boxes...except yield....but we got around that by doing 100 plant SOG's. We'd quarter that shit up and the snowboarders would buy it all in one day. $100 a quarter....$6400 a pound...... LOFL.. Those WERE the daze!!!

Wish I had that one back. Definitely a benchmark here that has yet to be eclipsed...even by the boutique pot of today. Today's weed is more frosty....but it doesn't pack this punch or have this complex of a taste.....nor does it turn heads and have folks saying "I smell a skunk rolled in cedar and hash" when you crack open a film container of it at a party (that dates things...huh?) and find half of the folks there coming yer way as you rolled a joint of it. Different places, different times, for sure....

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Today's weed is more frosty....but it doesn't pack this punch or have this complex of a taste.
Interesting observation, I agree 100%. In one of the potcasts, I am pretty sure it was Duke Diamond, he talked about some of the strongest Thai stick from the old days, testing at around 12% THC but way stronger than most of the high percentages out today. Maybe it was more the complete cannaboids than just the THC that had that effect. A lot of goodness got bred out of some of these strains when they moved indoors.

I flew to Amsterdam twice for genetics in the late 90s & was sooooo disappointed in the watered down stuff I sent back. It was pretty tho, still wish I had some of my old strains....

$6400 a lb....those were the days, can hardly give it away in SoCal these days.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Not the best pics but the last Jabba’s Cure came down yesterday. It does check all the boxes, in fact both the outdoor ones did.

I spent most of the year focusing on the 1st pheno but as happens the other pheno is where I should have been focusing, didn’t know until the smells came on. The 1st is over ripe mangoes, sticky & loud. The other pheno adds fuel & fermentation to the smell & even louder. I love it.

Smoke wise they definitely have plenty of THC, the indoor one is my daytime smoke & a favorite of friends. Can’t wait to try the outdoors.

One other major bonus is budworms left them alone, OTOH they love the Skunky VA. Dang.
DSC04676.jpg

DSC04672.jpg

DSC04569.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Skunky VA vegging in their own flood and drain currently under a 315 CMH with 4200 phillps bulb. (GH Silica GH calmag and AN Sensi Perfect Grow A and B)

I took them out to get a tank swap to 850 TDS. Lets see what happens :D they were hating 550.

In a week or so they will show better but i am pretty sure it is 4 for 4 girls.

And after looking at the pic...lol. Keyboard...timer...tax shit i havent done for last year...scale to record my harvests...and 4 awesome stanky ass plants.

Schwaggy these are the funkiest smelling veg plants I have ever grown..And that used to not impress me but i have since grown A LOT !. These reek. Fucking A man

I smell the power of stupification in these...the force is STRONG !!!

DSCF2706.JPG

Not the best pics but the last Jabba’s Cure came down yesterday. It does check all the boxes, in fact both the outdoor ones did.

I spent most of the year focusing on the 1st pheno but as happens the other pheno is where I should have been focusing, didn’t know until the smells came on. The 1st is over ripe mangoes, sticky & loud. The other pheno adds fuel & fermentation to the smell & even louder. I love it.

Smoke wise they definitely have plenty of THC, the indoor one is my daytime smoke & a favorite of friends. Can’t wait to try the outdoors.

One other major bonus is budworms left them alone, OTOH they love the Skunky VA. Dang.
Thanks for all the info on the Jabba's Cure. I've had a few times where the pheno I think is "the one" gets a little more attention, only to be outdone by the dark horse pheno. :) I'm glad the smell profiles mixed so well, I enjoy the very loudly fragrant plants regardless of the bouquet. Damn, too bad about the budworms.:cautious:

Great photos!

Schwaggy these are the funkiest smelling veg plants I have ever grown..And that used to not impress me but i have since grown A LOT !. These reek. Fucking A man

I smell the power of stupification in these...the force is STRONG !!!
Music to my ears! Hopefully this trend continues throughout flower and you'll start getting those carbon filter jitters, "Should I replace it, nah it's okay, I think I can smell from here, oh no..." :D .

Thanks for the support and garden real estate.:cool:(y)