Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
This⬆
By only pollinating a single lower branch, the rest of the plant will mature as sensi bud expressing itself as if I were to have just flowered them out. As the females mature, I'll be able to get any notes on the traits and have an idea of which female best embodies what I want. Thanks to the already pollinated branches, I will then not have to wait for a completely new round where I would have to pollinate the winning female. It saves a step by hunting the proper female while already having her pollinated (since they'll all get a branch dusted). This way, by the time the buds have dried and cured enough to test and crown a winning female, her seeds are ready to be popped and the next step can take place.

Since this pollination is strictly for my own purposes of working to the next step, the 100-300 seeds I'll get per branch will be plenty. Were I to be trying to produce enough as a for-sale drop, it would be very limited. The rest of the seeds from the loser female plants will either be banked for future use (assuming they had some other good quality), or just trashed. I'm trying to use organization/scheduling to cut out a few unnecessary cycles in more time intensive line work.
That makes perfect sense and is an efficient move. I misinterpreted the first read over while still groggy. I also wouldn't have been surprised if you had a magic method of reading pregnant females. So I figured I would still ask.

On another note, I don't recall updating you, but I did pluck one bud about midway down a couple of days ago. I was checking to see the progress of the seeds and I ended up with 49 seeds from the one bud. All but three were mature. The three that weren't were just beginning to mature. And to think I was hoping for ten seeds from the entire plant. lol. It's just another great learning experience over here. I didn't cut the plant down though. I'm still letting it go longer.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Couple weeks into flower and pulled out the ladies set to be pollinated by the Skunky D (Chem D x Skunky Brewster). Some of these have more than one copy in the tent.
I absolutely love that chem project! So well documented. I pore over every shot but what is up with the resolution? Is that a site issue? I know your excellent pics, there is more there….love to see more detail even without the cool velvet backgrounds. Is that possible?

I stayed quiet on the Black Light crosses but they really had my attention. I missed that one from Coastal by days at JBC, settled for the TKM10 which I still have not opened. I’ll get around to sometime. In the meantime I can drool on yours.

Speaking of backgrounds….Megadeath & Metal Church vinyl? Really?

Dag-nab juvenile delinquents.

I absolutely love that chem project! So well documented. I pore over every shot but what is up with the resolution? Is that a site issue? I know your excellent pics, there is more there….love to see more detail even without the cool velvet backgrounds. Is that possible?
Thanks. I believe it is a site issue. Every pic I've posted has the reduced resolution.

I'm looking forward to being put to sleep by the Black Lights crosses. You never know, some Black Lights F2 could find a way to you. That TKM10 should be a heavy smoke.
m10.jpg

Speaking of backgrounds….Megadeath & Metal Church vinyl? Really?
Oh, I get it. You're more of a Slayer guy, I've got that coming too. 😁😏

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Thanks. I believe it is a site issue. Every pic I've posted has the reduced resolution.

I'm looking forward to being put to sleep by the Black Lights crosses. You never know, some Black Lights F2 could find a way to you. That TKM10 should be a heavy smoke.

Oh, I get it. You're more of a Slayer guy, I've got that coming too. 😁😏
How cool to see that TKM10 description! Is that an actual print catalog like from the analog past? :giggle:

I do look forward to the Coastal, expecting a good bed time aid.

I was not really a metal fan but my wife was. We still have our combined vinyl collection packed away dating to the 70s. She has every Black Sabbath vinyl & other metal oddities to me. Might have to sort through that sometime soon.

Thanks for bringing fun to an awesome thread. Made me smile.

Now back to photo resolution, it sure would be great to see more detail on those pics, wonder if anything can be done…I hate to go to RIU to see the details.

you-are-only-young-once-but-you-can-stay-immature-indefinitely-3.jpg

How cool to see that TKM10 description! Is that an actual print catalog like from the analog past? :giggle:
That is a scan from a 88-89 SSSC Catalog from another forum. They are very interesting to read through.

I was not really a metal fan but my wife was. We still have our combined vinyl collection packed away dating to the 70s. She has every Black Sabbath vinyl & other metal oddities to me.
She gets it 🙂

Thanks for bringing fun to an awesome thread. Made me smile.
My pleasure, gotta inject some levity so this thread doesn't come off as too dry.

Now back to photo resolution, it sure would be great to see more detail on those pics, wonder if anything can be done…I hate to go to RIU to see the details.
I wish I knew how to do something about it. I brought up the issue to higher-ups and was told that the upload size was going to be increased, but I haven't noticed an improvement in the resolution. It's a reason for why I haven't abandoned the RIU thread.

Here are two examples of the Black Triangle male's progeny
blacktri offspring.jpg
The OG stretch has carried through in both crosses. While this would be difficult to spot in the H.A.OG cross, being that it is also an OG, the longer internodes expressing with the CCS cross is more pronounced given the compact frame of the CCS mother (this is why she was chosen to test the influence of the Black Triangle father).

Interestingly, the CCS's tendency to branch co-apical branches has remained and can be seen in the other phenos. The CCS's more robust stem strength has also been allowed to express with this Black Triangle male. The H.A.OG's more supple stems are showing up in the majority of the plants. This would suggest that the Black Triangle male can beef up an otherwise timidly framed female without overriding some of her nuanced structural qualities.

There are shorter phenos popping out of these Black Triangle male's progeny, so he's not a sure shot to make lanky babies, but this is only expressing in about a quarter of the H.A.OG crosses. I would have to pop more to be able to comfortably gather the stats on percentages, but I'm content with the info I have.

The H.A.OG x Black Triangle is confirming that this was a great base from which to take on the H.A.OG BX project (BX1 seeds currently cooking at day 51).

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Are you still running Terpinator tests?

I know you run both, are you testing hydro only or soil too? Seems more cost effective hydro indoors, most of my outdoor harvest is months away. $$$ if used as directed.

I still have most of a gal bottle from last season & am trying to decide how to best use it.

You plan to continue? What are your impressions so far?

Are you still running Terpinator tests?

I know you run both, are you testing hydro only or soil too? Seems more cost effective hydro indoors, most of my outdoor harvest is months away. $$$ if used as directed.

I still have most of a gal bottle from last season & am trying to decide how to best use it.

You plan to continue? What are your impressions so far?
I've been waiting for the flower to cure out before doing the side-by-side testing (shouldn't be much longer). I have a sample with: no terp additive, Terpinator, and Terp Enhancinator. I also have a couple different strains with no terp additive and Terp Enhancinator to see how different profiles were affected. All testing has been done on hydro only.

While growing, I got the impression that the Terpinator seemed to bring out more sweet/fruity notes while the Terp Enhancinator accentuated the more offensive garlic/onion notes. I have not continued using either additive. I'm waiting until I try the product before committing to a permanent addition to the feed.

The samples should be good to go, I'll have the write-up posted soon.;)

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Thank you. I have found myself staring at seed bank menus wondering where all the pictures, information, and rationale for the breeding have gone. Seems not long ago it was fashionable to make fun of the Euro breeders since they haven't crossed everything to cookie plants, but they at least have the pics/info for their strains.

By the way, that is the correct way to steam vacuum the carpet. :)
Great thread and work Schwaggy!

I started growing while looking up to the Europeans, they definitely had the crown in the early 2000s. I loved the detailed write ups with the promo pic for ads. Plus I like the idea of selecting for a purpose vs just throwing random elites together.

Cheers man!

Single Branch pollinations of Black Lights (Black Domina x NL#1) F2 shucked and separated by female pheno. Very glad I grabbed the Black Lights before Coastal closed up shop. There were a couple black phenos and a pink/rose colored pheno (below), so keeping these separated will help me know which to dig through in the future after each gets a smoke test.
pink lights.jpg

Fresh shuck (haven't separated the mature/immature seeds yet). These are large seeds, some look like you could crack a windshield if you threw it hard enough. 🙂
black lights seeds.jpg

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Single Branch pollinations of Black Lights (Black Domina x NL#1) F2 shucked and separated by female pheno. Very glad I grabbed the Black Lights before Coastal closed up shop. There were a couple black phenos and a pink/rose colored pheno (below), so keeping these separated will help me know which to dig through in the future after each gets a smoke test.

Fresh shuck (haven't separated the mature/immature seeds yet). These are large seeds, some look like you could crack a windshield if you threw it hard enough. 🙂
You have a nice collection there to search through. Your pink/rose colored pheno looks similar to the gelato.og pheno I've been growing.

G2Day59.Gel.2.JPG

G2Day59.Gel.3.JPG